TheSamba.com Forums

View original topic: "Great" camper on E-bay.
DanJReed Sat Apr 02, 2005 1:05 pm

Ok, I just had to post this. - 81' Westy.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&rd=1&item=4540276296&category=39405

"The photos don't do this van justice as a fifty dollar detail would really make this vehicle look better"

Ummm..

I doubt $50 is going to fix the window frame rust. :)

Connie Sat Apr 02, 2005 5:51 pm

I just got an 81 westie. i was looking at those pics, and i wondered, is that the original cloth on the back seat and bed? Also, i noticed it had a little seat off to the side in the back. My bus has cabinet space there. Were there different camper packages? just wondering. thanks, connie.

Karl Sat Apr 02, 2005 6:00 pm

I have seen that style of candy stripe covering on Canadian Vanagon Westies. I do not believe it is a USA model. I have not seen a 5 digit Vanagon speedo though, all are 6 digit. Not sure about that one. It is a stick shift, non-trip counter Vanagon speedo but 5 digit??

pocvw Sat Apr 02, 2005 6:42 pm

The striped cloth is original - it is called the Van Dyck boogie woogie pattern. It is what's in my 80 westie. Also, campers did come in two different packages - one being the full camper with fridge, stove, and sink; and the other did not have the fridge or stove; just an icebox, sink, and less cabinet space, but more seating space. The P27 is the full camper and the P23 (or P22) is the other model. Happy trails!

mightyart Sun Apr 03, 2005 4:13 pm

That's a p22, no propane system. Looks like it's all there, would be a good project for about $100.00. Wonder if it runs? :lol: