TheSamba.com Forums

View original topic: 61 Mango is home Page: Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 11, 12, 13, 14  Next
hoagy86 Sat Dec 28, 2013 10:31 am

any updates for 2013? the year is almost over

Stanagon Sat Dec 28, 2013 8:57 pm

By request, recent adventures in the '61 Mango:

Stan's Classic winter swap meet, Natick, MA, Dec. '12.

CVA Dust-Off, Mansfield Hollow State Park, CT May '13.

ECMSAS Trailbash, Pine Barrens, NJ, July '13.

Buses by the Barn, RI, Aug. '13.

All makes car show in Winchendon, MA, Sept. '13.

All Air-Cooled gathering, Flanders, NJ, Sept. '13.

hoagy86 Sun Dec 29, 2013 8:45 am

That's awsum I love seeing all the pictures of places and taking your family just too cool I hope to have a mango someday so I can use it with my wife , thanks for sharing

bubblehead Sun Dec 29, 2013 9:56 am

Hey Stan. You gonna have your winter swap again? Hope it hasn't come and gone already.

Stanagon Sun Dec 29, 2013 10:09 am

hoagy86 wrote: That's awsum I love seeing all the pictures of places and taking your family just too cool I hope to have a mango someday so I can use it with my wife , thanks for sharing

You can have fun with any bus, panel, bay, whatever. Just gotta keep them going every year.
http://www.thesamba.com/vw/forum/viewtopic.php?t=562377

Stanagon Sun Dec 29, 2013 10:10 am

bubblehead wrote: Hey Stan. You gonna have your winter swap again? Hope it hasn't come and gone already.

Could still happen. I thought it was on too short notice and early last year. I'll look at the calendar.

bubblehead Thu Jan 02, 2014 6:53 am

Did seem like short notice last time. Hope it's on as I need to sell all the stuff you made me drag home last time. :wink:

Stanagon Sat Jan 04, 2014 4:59 pm

Well my parts shed is snowed in now, and I def don't want any of those valuable free parts back that I gave u last year.

Stanagon Mon Jan 13, 2014 6:59 am

Lots of rain on Sat., and parts shed is accessible!

Winter swap meet is on.
http://www.thesamba.com/vw/forum/viewtopic.php?t=581896

Schwing Tue Jan 14, 2014 10:04 am

Stan I just got done reading through the whole revival and it was great to see the backstory on this bus and how many happy miles its given you. Great job man! Looking foward to seeing you in a couple of weeks at your swap.

Stanagon Sat Feb 01, 2014 9:38 pm

Finally solved a vexing problem on the '61 bus tonight. Previously my batt light only worked very dimly, and I could only get the batt OR oil pressure instrument lights to work, but not both. Drove it this way for some years now and almost cooked the motor this summer when the fan belt broke and I didn't see the very dim batt. lite on.

Turns out the switched power wire from the ignition switch (black wire terminal 15) to the instrument cluster was not there at all. I ran a new wire and the instrument lights work great now!

Now I need to rebuild the wiper motor, and maybe install a correct radio in the dash.

Stanagon Fri Apr 04, 2014 9:20 pm

Cleaned and re-greased wiper motor gearbox. Also fixed loose old power wire spade connector at wiper switch.

Revived an old AM/FM Sapphire II radio and used a newer speaker in the bus dash speaker mount.

Had to do a faceplate mount transplant with a similar Sapphire I AM radio.

Installed

Working
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QwV3W5hRLYo

casey & the cricketes Sat Apr 05, 2014 5:18 am

nice! sounds great on the you tube

Stanagon Sun Apr 06, 2014 7:17 am

Yea I really enjoyed the radio yesterday evening during a "wind down" cruise after working all day at my shop. It's such a great feeling to get in my bus and drive down the road, knowing that at least for the moment, everything is working well enough to just enjoy the ride and smiling when a favorite song is playing on the radio.

Stanagon Wed Jul 02, 2014 9:08 pm

My daughter and I had a great time at Buses by the Duck on Long Island in early June. First time I had ever been to this event.

hoagy86 Thu Jul 03, 2014 7:22 am

sweet camping pictures stan.

Stanagon Sat Aug 02, 2014 3:48 pm

Piling up the hardware with '61 Mango:

2nd in Split Window bus class (2 registered;) at Volks Fair XV.
Worst in Show (trophy and $50 cash award!) at Volks Fair XV.

Oldest Bus (small cup) from West River Westies in VT.

bally Sun Aug 03, 2014 3:18 am

:D

zuggbug Sun Aug 03, 2014 5:18 am

Stan, very cool bus. It's great that u use the thing. It was a pleasure meeting you at trail bash. Hope to see you next year.

Stanagon Sun Dec 07, 2014 7:45 pm

2014 action w 61 mango

Breakfast w Jdot at Nixon's, NJ trailbash weekend. July '14

Transporterfest camping in Salem. MA. Oct. '14

Granite State swap meet, NH. Oct. '14

Thanksgiving campout, Baltic, CT. Nov. '14

I put just over 5000 miles on the '61 this year!