TheSamba.com Forums

View original topic: Things people have said about your car Page: 1, 2, 3 ... 53, 54, 55  Next
Claire Thu Nov 03, 2005 1:35 pm

What funny, unusual, cruel, complimentary or otherwise noteworthy things have people said about your car?

The other day I took a business colleague out for lunch. He climbs into my bug and says

"Hey!! this is just like Pimp My Ride!!"

CarreraRS2.7 Thu Nov 03, 2005 1:41 pm

The #1 question:
What kind of car is that?

The #2 question:
That's a Volkswagen?

I swear no one in Atlanta knows what a Karmann Ghia is.

blankmange Thu Nov 03, 2005 2:06 pm

"Looks like a Mini".......

followed by me vomiting...

stevo_2006 Thu Nov 03, 2005 6:55 pm

You should put that one pimp my ride :roll: yeah ok let me give to people so they can but some SPINNAZ on it and take away 50% of my cooling Also what year is that, How much did you pay.

ScrapJunkie Thu Nov 03, 2005 10:58 pm

You paid HOW much for that pile of shit!?!?

tortron Fri Nov 04, 2005 2:00 am

wft thats an ugly car

Glenn Fri Nov 04, 2005 3:56 am

There's no enigne on the front.

4x4EATR Fri Nov 04, 2005 6:15 am

And I quote...
Chick-"Aren't you afraid somebody'll steal the stuff out of the back?"

Me- "The engine?"

Chick-"Oh!?"

Riff Raff Fri Nov 04, 2005 4:21 pm

My neighbour across the alley looking into my garage at my bus
"You still got that .... thing"

OiOiOi Fri Nov 04, 2005 4:49 pm

I was in a parking lot and my car wasn't running right, I had the decklid open and was poking around when a little girl got out of the car next to me and stared yelling "MOMMY HERBIES SICK!"

1302 lew Fri Nov 04, 2005 7:52 pm

Some chick said "ugggggggggh!" when i was pulling out of my school parking lot

and "that car is ugly" to witch i responded "NO ITS NOT"
what i wanted to say was "NO, YOURE UGLY, FATTY"

im looking forward to my first compliment....

OiOiOi Fri Nov 04, 2005 9:53 pm

some little kid in a bus flicked me off while I was pulling out of school, I gave him the peace sign, cause I was in a volkswagen, and it was the right thing to do

grateful65 Mon Nov 07, 2005 4:55 pm

I've only heard good things about my buses. Everyone that started to say something negative got run over

croscoe Tue Nov 08, 2005 7:13 pm

I took my mom to the grocery store and decided to wait in the car while she shopped. After 10 minutes or so, a woman and two young girls around the age of 12 walk by and start to get into their new Jetta. As they are getting into the Jetta, I over hear one of the girls saying, "hey, he has a volkswagen too". The other girl replied, "yeah, but ours is prettier". I busted out laughing, and they thought that I was an idiot. :P They're correct! 8)

Most people don't know what the hell I see in these things, or think I'm too poor to buy a new car... Oh well.

Hobbes Tue Nov 08, 2005 10:00 pm

And once again:
(after someone barges into the gas station and yells "Alright, who drives the Volkswagen?!"):

"You cut your front springs to lower it? (std beetle)"

"Aren't these Japanese?"

"This is Rear-Engine, Front wheel drive, correct?"

"Is that a ***whatever year the one they used to have was, usually like a 10 year gap***?"

"Hey dude, I think your back suspension is broken! You're wheels are all kicked sideways."

"Where's the radiator, up front?"

I have old guys come up to me and say "I like your bug!" And I'll say "Thanks" or something, then they just stand there staring at me like they're expecting something from me.

...and one time some dude came by in a dodge dakota, and after staring at my car for like 6 minutes in the parking lot with this "whoa" look on his face, sees me looking at him and starts with the "When're you gonna buy another car? VWs are for faggots, that looks gay." then drives off with his head still hanging out the window looking back. :lol:

WHAT FUN!

Hobbes Tue Nov 08, 2005 10:01 pm

OiOiOi wrote: some little kid in a bus flicked me off while I was pulling out of school, I gave him the peace sign, cause I was in a volkswagen, and it was the right thing to do

I'm not a hippie, so... What's the sign for War?

stevo_2006 Tue Nov 08, 2005 10:17 pm

\/\/

ScrapJunkie Tue Nov 08, 2005 11:02 pm

stevo_2006 wrote: \/\/

\X/

Tram Tue Nov 08, 2005 11:09 pm

"How cute. Who put the Volkswagen badges on your Corvair?" :roll:

Bug maniac Wed Nov 09, 2005 3:39 am

Some people say like real sarchastic IT'S A BEETLE and then I open him up, pedal to floor, that usually shut's them up. :D