TheSamba.com Forums

View original topic: Gifts, including Christmas presents Page: 1, 2, 3 ... 21, 22, 23  Next
Campy Sat Dec 24, 2005 10:35 pm

Did anyone get what he wanted for his bus? I didn't get anything but I would like to have gotten a set of front seat upholstery for a pre-1962 walk-thru bus (nobody seems to make them).
May the bus god have smiled at you and given you what ever you wanted.

vwjosh6070 Sat Dec 24, 2005 11:33 pm

i got some tools i need for working on my buses. other than that, nothing as far as bus needed things. i could have used 300 bucks so i could get my 60 westy on the road. yep, thats all i need is 300 bucks, and my westy will be on the road!

EverettB Sat Dec 24, 2005 11:48 pm

Maybe tomorrow?

vwjosh6070 Sun Dec 25, 2005 12:05 am

not for me. had christmas today because my mom has to work tomorrow. sigh, maybe ill win the lottery or something?

Andrew Sun Dec 25, 2005 12:43 am

EverettB wrote: Maybe tomorrow?

It's already Christmas on the Right coast.

mynameismud Sun Dec 25, 2005 10:32 am

vwjosh67 wrote: maybe ill win the lottery or something?

Jesus- that's what Christmas is about huh... :roll:Just wait until you have kids (God forbid), hopefully that's when you'll see what ITs about...then again, maybe you'll see that your kids will come first regardless of the time of year..

abuspilot Tue Dec 27, 2005 1:40 pm

mynameismud wrote: Jesus- that's what Christmas is about huh... :roll:Just wait until you have kids (God forbid), hopefully that's when you'll see what ITs about...then again, maybe you'll see that your kids will come first regardless of the time of year..

Amen to that, my 3 year old was in heaven. 1st x-mas he really knew what it was about 1st presents then Jesus' birthday.

As for the original poster of this thread. Nothing for the bus. I did get a couple of Johnny Lighting buses but the best gift was a semi restored vintage 1950's Gulf gas pump to display in my home office. This thing kicks ass. My wife really suprised the hell out of me.

VWBobby Tue Dec 27, 2005 2:04 pm

I was desperately trying to find a Double cab model for my dad, but couldn't find one :( I did manage to find some good Steve McQueen DVD's..

I got a new set of body hammers and dollies to use On my bus, does that count?? :D I also got a VW beetle calander....

derv Tue Dec 27, 2005 2:13 pm

I came home on X-mas night after being out of town touring the relatives parties and had waiting for me my Stiftung birth certificate for my DC - which I thought was a pretty cool gift.

Mikee Tue Dec 27, 2005 2:45 pm

I got my bus, but i cant get it away from my daughter

crukab Tue Dec 27, 2005 3:07 pm

No tools or toys this year, but my daughter took a old VW t-shirt of mine that was too small, & sewed the print part of the shirt to a large hoodie sweatshirt for me- its the blue print drawings of 6 split Buses, single & Doublecabs,coooooolll gift......

justcruzin Tue Dec 27, 2005 3:11 pm

I got a set of windshield wipers for my bus, for christmas!!!! I was excited!!! :D

Kim

P-Dub Tue Dec 27, 2005 3:56 pm

I got a rotary tool set (Dremel type) for getting out tiny bits of rust.

2005 must be the year of the pirate. My three year old received FIVE pirate ships.

amishman Tue Dec 27, 2005 4:50 pm

I got three nice Craftsman Thin Profile ratchets. 1/4", 3/8", and the 1/2". They are sweet. Also a $100 Craftman Gift Card. Will get some matching Laser-Etched sockets now with it.

tj

spkncarl Tue Dec 27, 2005 5:10 pm

Heck ya Santa stopped by.... :lol:

Hamburg tent, busdepot~bus
lock for roof rack~bug
floor jack w/ stands
seat on wheels for the garage
speakers~other bug
headlights~other bug
footpedels~other bug

Haven't set the tent up yet so I can't say one way or another but it looks big.

Matt K. Tue Dec 27, 2005 5:41 pm

I usually tell santa what i want, then i just buy it myself, because my santa never quite gets me those vw related gifts i keep asking for. Maybe for next year i will show santa some pictures of the items i need....hopefully then santa will get the hint :wink:

vwhooligan Tue Dec 27, 2005 8:08 pm

Got a book on the Transporter from the Schiffer Auto Series (as seen in shiftys post) and a DVD with the show from the History Channel on the bug. Not much stuff for the bus itself, that is unless you count the wife allowing me to spend the last 5-6 days getting wires and rewiring it. :)

Chance

ps- forgot about the bus calendar

volksaddict Tue Dec 27, 2005 8:21 pm

I got a 58 ghia :D
Maybe for the next few xmases and birthdays I'l get
Rust repair panels
36hp motor
paint
seats
interior
pans
bumpers
tires

a-train Tue Dec 27, 2005 8:41 pm

permission from Mrs. Claus to buy a flat-4 banjo wheel for my bus.

stymie Tue Dec 27, 2005 9:17 pm

Two Samba shirts and my usual bus calendar :)