TheSamba.com Forums

View original topic: Engine Builder gone AWOL!!!! Page: Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next
spoon Tue Jan 17, 2006 4:00 pm

Any business that wants to stay in business has to do a number of things. Two of which are:

1. Take their customers money.

2. Make their customers happy.

Justin

Turin39789 Tue Jan 17, 2006 4:02 pm

spoon wrote: DSF wrote: If you liked whiskey, you wouldn't be chasing :wink:

You're right :x

And Makers is bourbon, and only a decent bourbon at that

spoon Tue Jan 17, 2006 4:07 pm

Turin39789 wrote: spoon wrote: DSF wrote: If you liked whiskey, you wouldn't be chasing :wink:

It's whiskey, bourbon is one of the particular processes of which whiskey is made, and taste is subjective. :?

Turin39789 Tue Jan 17, 2006 4:17 pm

spoon wrote: Turin39789 wrote: spoon wrote: DSF wrote: If you liked whiskey, you wouldn't be chasing :wink:

It's whisky, bourbon is a type of whisky, and taste is subjective. :?

And scotch is a type of whiskey too, but its fucking called scotch. And I really don't care if you like drinking overpriced liqour, what do they charge for Maker's out in cali anyway?

spoon Tue Jan 17, 2006 4:23 pm

$28 for a handle at Costco. Don't be so disrespectful please. I know you are from Kentucky and all but from around these parts I reckon we call it "whiskey". So shut your fucking mouth.

JBOW (originator of this thread): Did you ever get an ETA on your shit?

Justin :twisted:

jbow1076 Tue Jan 17, 2006 5:24 pm

I received my engine today and I must say it looks freaking awesome. When I get a chance I will take some pictures of the engine and exhaust and post it. I am hoping to get the engine installed this weekend, can't wait to fire this beast up. Martin through in an alternator upgrade for the delay on my engine, which was more than generous. I understanding that building engines and doing other types of work with cars that are 20 to 30+ years old is going to take time and there is always going to be delays and problems. I even told Martin in the very beginning to take his time on the engine because I just want it done right. From the looks of the engine Martin did it RIGHT! I didn't mean to be such a big pussy, but when I waited a long time for the engine and when it was finally done and I paid for it, I panic like a little sissy because I never received it nor did I get a chance to talk with Martin about what happen. I am truly sorry to give Martin such bad press, really had no intention of all of this and really didn’t think I would get so many replies to my post. I just freaked I guess....I hope no one alienates Martin and the DDB for this; I don't think that should happen. I think Martin is a good guy and I will probably do business with him again in the future and I hope the others that have followed this thread will do the same. Sounded like Martin was a little overwhelmed at his shop and being the only one there I can understand it. I am sure he didn't want to give me any more excuse as to why the engine wasn't done yet or why it wasn't shipped. I wish he had because I understand shit happens, but he didn't and I panicked. I am sorry Martin. Thank you though for the Kick-Ass engine and I can't wait to tell you how it runs once I get it fired up and on the road.

fifty-five Tue Jan 17, 2006 5:31 pm

Great ending. I'm glad it worked out for you. =D>

mharney Tue Jan 17, 2006 5:42 pm

Yeah, JBow, just remember that you would probably still be waiting had you NOT done this. Folks need a kick-start sometimes.

Erik G Tue Jan 17, 2006 5:45 pm

Erik G wrote: Erik G wrote: still want me to get hit by a greyhound?

how about now?

what about now?

localboy Tue Jan 17, 2006 6:35 pm

bugman55 wrote: I'm glad it worked out for you. =D>

Ditto...don't forget to break it in. :wink:

Gary Tue Jan 17, 2006 6:53 pm

Erik G wrote: Erik G wrote: Erik G wrote: still want me to get hit by a greyhound?

how about now?

what about now?

Erik,

If it will make you feel better, I can ask my brother to sick his Rottweiller (aka the Big Freak) on you.

iowegian Tue Jan 17, 2006 7:12 pm

Icy wrote: Erik G wrote: Erik G wrote: Erik G wrote: still want me to get hit by a greyhound?

how about now?

what about now?

Erik,

If it will make you feel better, I can ask my brother to sick his Rottweiller (aka the Big Freak) on you.
Dammit, Icy. He wants to get hit on by a Greyhound.(they're fast). Not some Freakin' Rottenweiller. (Geeez).

Erik G Tue Jan 17, 2006 7:54 pm

iowegian wrote: Icy wrote: Erik G wrote: Erik G wrote: Erik G wrote: still want me to get hit by a greyhound?

how about now?

what about now?

Erik,

Dammit, Icy. He wants to get hit on by a Greyhound.(they're fast). Not some Freakin' Rottenweiller. (Geeez).

I'd settle for an apology.

spoon Tue Jan 17, 2006 9:08 pm

jbow: How many horses is your engine gonna be puttin out? I never hear anyone talk horsepower numbers in here. Do you have an idea?

Justin :P

jbow1076 Wed Jan 18, 2006 1:12 pm

I am hoping aroung 115 to 120.

Notched Wed Jan 18, 2006 5:02 pm

Post up some pics of the new motor!!

Tram Wed Jan 18, 2006 6:57 pm

jbow1076 wrote: I received my engine today and I must say it looks freaking awesome. When I get a chance I will take some pictures of the engine and exhaust and post it. I am hoping to get the engine installed this weekend, can't wait to fire this beast up. Martin through in an alternator upgrade for the delay on my engine, which was more than generous. I understanding that building engines and doing other types of work with cars that are 20 to 30+ years old is going to take time and there is always going to be delays and problems. I even told Martin in the very beginning to take his time on the engine because I just want it done right. From the looks of the engine Martin did it RIGHT! I didn't mean to be such a big pussy, but when I waited a long time for the engine and when it was finally done and I paid for it, I panic like a little sissy because I never received it nor did I get a chance to talk with Martin about what happen. I am truly sorry to give Martin such bad press, really had no intention of all of this and really didn’t think I would get so many replies to my post. I just freaked I guess....I hope no one alienates Martin and the DDB for this; I don't think that should happen. I think Martin is a good guy and I will probably do business with him again in the future and I hope the others that have followed this thread will do the same. Sounded like Martin was a little overwhelmed at his shop and being the only one there I can understand it. I am sure he didn't want to give me any more excuse as to why the engine wasn't done yet or why it wasn't shipped. I wish he had because I understand shit happens, but he didn't and I panicked. I am sorry Martin. Thank you though for the Kick-Ass engine and I can't wait to tell you how it runs once I get it fired up and on the road.

:D Glad it worked out!

jbow1076 Wed Jan 18, 2006 7:13 pm

jbow1076 Wed Jan 18, 2006 7:14 pm

jbow1076 Wed Jan 18, 2006 7:15 pm