TheSamba.com Forums

View original topic: Gallery Question
barefootwestie Wed Jan 18, 2006 12:25 pm

I'm curious if there is anyway that the gallery could be organized in a different way to make it easier to browse the photos. Could we have separate sub-categories under the present Type Categories such as User Galleries or maybe an engine, exterior, interior, and misc.

Could we have a seperate gallery for each User, say for myself that I could put all of my pictures and then have one photo and a quick description on an index page? Maybe we could have a members fee that could generate funding for the User Galleries.

I know I haven't been posting very long, but have been on the site for more than a year and made my recent purchase off of the site and have gained immeasurable knowledge from fellow posters. This is a great site, and I want to see it stick around as long as possible.

EverettB Wed Jan 18, 2006 6:45 pm

I realize it's not what you are saying but everybody essentially has their own Gallery in that you can pull up everything you have posting by clicking on a link in your profile.

Or the gallery button below

Wiggy Sat Feb 25, 2006 4:03 pm

Ev,

Any chance you can make the gallery have a "next" or "previous" button? Would be cool if you could just go to the next photo without having to hit back on the browser, finding the photo again, and clicking the link.

I'm not complaining, just thought it would be useful.

EverettB Mon Feb 27, 2006 10:36 am

They are there by default but I had to turn them off because they don't work right.

I find it more effective to open the photos I want to view in a new tab (in Firefox) by holding Control while I click on the link.

Herbie3Rivers Thu Mar 02, 2006 4:53 pm

I've got a question about the gallery too. How about a non-vw gallery section. Twice already I've had a picture of one of my cars for the forum deleted because it's not a VW, but it's still German.

EverettB Thu Mar 02, 2006 5:51 pm

You must host all non-VW pictures elsewhere.

HamburgerBrad Thu Mar 02, 2006 11:45 pm

http://www.photobucket.com/

http://imageshack.us/