TheSamba.com Forums

View original topic: Rebuilt Transmissions from Quality German Auto Parts Page: Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next
pickupguy Fri Feb 10, 2006 7:04 am

Did you put oil in it?

YES

DSF Fri Feb 10, 2006 1:44 pm

He got a bad tranny.

Customer service has been less than excellent.

From the start, a new one should have been sent secured with a credit card deposit if need be. It's the shops c.s. responsibility to offer such. How would they be put out? If the first tranny came back "installation damaged", they would have been covered on the second.

End of story.

That's how most vendors would work it, regardless of stated internet page policy. Everyone knows those are just there to cover their ass, and not written in stone.

Bottom line= vendor didn't offer basic customer service (see above), and I won't be buying any Herbie engines from them :roll:

Sorry for all your troubles...

pickupguy Fri Feb 10, 2006 1:48 pm

DSF wrote: He got a bad tranny.

Customer service has been less than excellent.

From the start, a new one should have been sent secured with a credit card deposit if need be. It's the shops c.s. responsibility to offer such. How would they be put out? If the first tranny came back "installation damaged", they would have been covered on the second.

End of story.

That's how most vendors would work it, regardless of stated internet page policy. Everyone knows those are just there to cover their ass, and not written in stone.

Bottom line= vendor didn't offer basic customer service (see above), and I won't be buying any Herbie engines from them :roll:

Sorry for all your troubles...

That is all I asked for nothing more nothing less

YellowSplittie Fri Feb 10, 2006 2:06 pm

The point is a number of us suggested you secure the second one with a card, you wouldn't do that. That's what went over your head. You demanded they send you a replacement, then send the defective back.

Geesh.

pickupguy Fri Feb 10, 2006 2:12 pm

They have my credit card number and have had it since the begining that was suggested that if I didn't return it they could charge me for it. That was 4 weeks ago sorry you guys are so slow. I also said I would send them my old 002 trans 4 weeks ago so If you don't know what has been done prior to this thread ask before you make an ass of yourself don't

ASS U ME anything hasn't been tried

YellowSplittie Fri Feb 10, 2006 2:15 pm

pickupguy wrote: They have my credit card number and have had it since the begining that was suggested that if I didn't return it they could charge me for it. That was 4 weeks ago sorry you guys are so slow. I also said I would send them my old 002 trans 4 weeks ago so If you don't know what has been done prior to this thread ask before you make an ass of yourself don't

ASS U ME anything hasn't been tried

ummm... right.

Then why did you not tell us that when it was suggested NUMEROUS times?

pickupguy Fri Feb 10, 2006 2:22 pm

many things were suggested and many other ideas that wern't suggested had been tried. I think when it was asked if it was paid by CC you would know that they had my CC number. Also they had no desire to send a second trans

YellowSplittie Fri Feb 10, 2006 2:25 pm

Having your number and authorizing its use are two different things.

YellowSplittie Fri Feb 10, 2006 2:26 pm

Is everything proceeding to your satisfaction now?

pickupguy Fri Feb 10, 2006 2:28 pm

YellowSplittie wrote: Having your number and authorizing its use are two different things.

as I said they had no desire to send a second trans until they examined the first which they said had to be sent back to Rancho Transmissions to be examined

YellowSplittie Fri Feb 10, 2006 2:46 pm

And you specifically asked them to send you a second, SECURED with your credit card, and they declined?

pickupguy Fri Feb 10, 2006 2:52 pm

YellowSplittie wrote: And you specifically asked them to send you a second, SECURED with your credit card, and they declined?

Yes they wanted the trans to go to Rancho before anything else was to be done I said send me another one and if I don't return it charge me for it.

YellowSplittie Fri Feb 10, 2006 2:55 pm

What does Rancho have to do with it?

It seems there are a lot a facts you've omitted, or just plain made up along the way.

YellowSplittie Fri Feb 10, 2006 2:58 pm

I swear, talking to you is like trying to get the real story out of 10-year-old. Things keep changing, denials are made, details are held back.

pickupguy Fri Feb 10, 2006 3:01 pm

YellowSplittie wrote: What does Rancho have to do with it?

It seems there are a lot a facts you've omitted, or just plain made up along the way.

I guess they build the trans for them that was in an e-mail from Valerie after I contacted them about the problem with the trans

YellowSplittie Fri Feb 10, 2006 3:03 pm

Perhaps you should try talking to Rancho then. In my mind, THEY ARE a reputable company. They may show more concern.

pickupguy Fri Feb 10, 2006 3:05 pm

YellowSplittie wrote: Perhaps you should try talking to Rancho then. In my mind, THEY ARE a reputable company. They may show more concern.

I will do that

pickupguy Fri Feb 10, 2006 3:47 pm

here is one of the e-mails

----- Original Message -----
To: [email protected]
Sent: Saturday, February 04, 2006 4:54 PM
Subject: Re: (no subject)

In a message dated 2/4/2006 2:46:02 P.M. Pacific Standard Time, [email protected] writes:

I want it fixed ?

that is not how it works. we want that 091 back.we just take it to rancho and they fix it under warranty. you ship our trans back at our expense and get a full refund. you want to keep the trans you dont get a refund. your choice.

here is another mentioning Rancho

Sir,

No problem sir, we just need a little more info. If you can fax a copy of the invoice that will be sufficient to issue call tag on the transmission and be logged in my books. You have the warranty info on it with the purchase date that is what I need. After I get your copy we will proceed accordingly you let me know when it is boxed and ready and the call tag will be issued. Upon receipt of the trans please allow 1-2 days after its arrival to be sent to Rancho Performance for the inspection. You will then be contacted and informed of the issue at hand and approx date of ship out. We will do our best to handle as quickly as possible. Thank you sir. Please if you would like to call me you can do so 800-817-5540.

Valerie

YellowSplittie Fri Feb 10, 2006 4:02 pm

pickupguy wrote: here is one of the e-mails

----- Original Message -----
To: [email protected]
Sent: Saturday, February 04, 2006 4:54 PM
Subject: Re: (no subject)

In a message dated 2/4/2006 2:46:02 P.M. Pacific Standard Time, [email protected] writes:

I want it fixed ?

that is not how it works. we want that 091 back.we just take it to rancho and they fix it under warranty. you ship our trans back at our expense and get a full refund. you want to keep the trans you dont get a refund. your choice.

here is another mentioning Rancho

Sir,

No problem sir, we just need a little more info. If you can fax a copy of the invoice that will be sufficient to issue call tag on the transmission and be logged in my books. You have the warranty info on it with the purchase date that is what I need. After I get your copy we will proceed accordingly you let me know when it is boxed and ready and the call tag will be issued. Upon receipt of the trans please allow 1-2 days after its arrival to be sent to Rancho Performance for the inspection. You will then be contacted and informed of the issue at hand and approx date of ship out. We will do our best to handle as quickly as possible. Thank you sir. Please if you would like to call me you can do so 800-817-5540.

Valerie

Did you write the upper response? The capitalization, grammar, and sentence structure are much different than the response from Valerie. It's just like how you write.

I still can't believe they wouldn't send you a second transmission that was secured by a credit card.

pickupguy Fri Feb 10, 2006 4:10 pm

I want it fixed .....I wrote that. The response was from Thomas the second was from Valerie The first one was Feb 04 the second was Jan 20 so they are from different people and no I didn't write the response.