TheSamba.com Forums

View original topic: Rebuilt Transmissions from Quality German Auto Parts Page: Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next
pickupguy Thu Feb 09, 2006 9:14 am

Well great at least you all agree the trans is bad

YellowSplittie Thu Feb 09, 2006 9:16 am

pickupguy wrote: Well great at least you all agree the trans is bad

We never doubted you on that.

We just think you are unreasonable and out of touch with reality.

spkncarl Thu Feb 09, 2006 12:31 pm

Well I disagree here. :lol:

Pickupguy shouldn't have to foot the bill for future installs/reinstalls on a faulty product. The Vendor should do the right ethical/moral thing by covering the costs for shipping, installation, and jerking of tranny until it is a working tranny. Pickupguy all ready paid it once and that's not what he's asking to be covered. This is an example of poor customer service.

On behalf of the Vendor...Pickupguy should put in writing that if he does NOT return the tranny that a second charge will result on his credit card, so the Vendor can send a working tranny and rectify this problem asap.

I don't feel the Vendor is doing their best job in trying to fix this problem that started at their end of the deal.

We hold any VW Sambanist to high standards who sells on this board or in the VW circle, why should this vendor be an exception??? Pickupguy is getting the shaft and it's sad that people aren't showing any camaraderie here on his behalf. I see it on other threads where people get the shaft over buses not deliever (going on right now) or parts being sold out from under people and everyone jumps on their band wagon and helps.

Sorry as of right now this vendor will NOT get my business or referals....

Come on Vendor...step up and do the right thing and cover the extra costs for YOUR screw up...

Gary Thu Feb 09, 2006 12:36 pm

spkncarl wrote: Well I disagree here. :lol:

Pickupguy shouldn't have to foot the bill for future installs/reinstalls on a faulty product. The Vendor should do the right ethical/moral thing by covering the costs for shipping, installation, and jerking of tranny until it is a working tranny. Pickupguy all ready paid it once and that's not what he's asking to be covered. This is an example of poor customer service.

On behalf of the Vendor...Pickupguy should put in writing that if he does NOT return the tranny that a second charge will result on his credit card, so the Vendor can send a working tranny and rectify this problem asap.

I don't feel the Vendor is doing their best job in trying to fix this problem that started at their end of the deal.

We hold any VW Sambanist to high standards who sells on this board or in the VW circle, why should this vendor be an exception??? Pickupguy is getting the shaft and it's sad that people aren't showing any camaraderie here on his behalf. I see it on other threads where people get the shaft over buses not deliever (going on right now) or parts being sold out from under people and everyone jumps on their band wagon and helps.

Sorry as of right now this vendor will NOT get my business or referals....

Come on Vendor...step up and do the right thing and cover the extra costs for YOUR screw up...

Sounds like you are one of those who wants someone to wipe your butt as well.

How does the vendor know that pickupguy didn't screw up the transmission install? Pickupguy wants the vendor to ship out a transmission to replace the one that's not working right now. Pickupguy slung a bunch of BS about the Jaguar world and didn't even read the policies from the Jaguar sites.

If I were the vendor, I wouldn't want your business either, spoogycarl.

YellowSplittie Thu Feb 09, 2006 12:40 pm

Read this thread again.

He wants them to pay for installing the transmission twice, once to put his old one back in so he can drive it around while a repaired one is sent, and then have them pay to switch it out again.

Sure, it would be great if they paid to do all this, but it's not reasonable. The terms of the warranty aren't that. However, I agree it would be excellent customer service if they gave him something to swap it out ONCE.

spkncarl Thu Feb 09, 2006 1:00 pm

Quote: Sounds like you are one of those who wants someone to wipe your butt as well.

Buttwipes ready and waiting... :lol:

pickupguy Thu Feb 09, 2006 4:23 pm

ICE:

you must need your ass wiped! I know how I am treated in the Jag world so unless you can speak from experience better shut your trap. How do they know it wasn't screwed up during installation how do you screw up the insides of a trans by having it installed I didn't install it a VW Shop did. It was there idea (Thomas) to reinstall my old trans and use it while they fixed the old one not mine I wanted to have them send a trans so I could swap them out at the same time. Carl is right as are the many e-mails I have received. Why should I pay for there mistakes???????

YellowSplittie Thu Feb 09, 2006 4:35 pm

pickupguy wrote: ICE:

I know how I am treated in the Jag world so unless you can speak from experience better shut your trap.

And now you know how YOU are treated in the VW world.

pickupguy Thu Feb 09, 2006 4:57 pm

Yellowsplitty

you right makes me want to sell it. you 3 treat people like they do everything wrong and the vendors are gods just can't do anything wrong. I suspose you never have any problems with anything you ever buy.

DSF Thu Feb 09, 2006 4:57 pm

YellowSplittie wrote: pickupguy wrote: ICE:

I know how I am treated in the Jag world so unless you can speak from experience better shut your trap.

And now you know how YOU are treated in the VW world.

No shit :roll:

Gary Thu Feb 09, 2006 5:49 pm

pickupguy wrote: Yellowsplitty

you right makes me want to sell it. you 3 treat people like they do everything wrong and the vendors are gods just can't do anything wrong. I suspose you never have any problems with anything you ever buy.

We've been beating you with your own words and the vendors' policies. You've never clued in on anything we've told you in over 5 pages of drivel -- er, snivel.

pickupguy Thu Feb 09, 2006 6:37 pm

Question:

If I took the pickup to a VW mechanic and said build me a transmission ...

the transmission is bad first time you drive it......

who pays to fix transmission ........

me or mechanic that built transmission??

pickupguy Thu Feb 09, 2006 6:43 pm

Not beating me up I am fine the vendor is getting all the free publicity, it is OK I figgure you 3 are really Quality German Auto Parts in disguise or at least friends.

YellowSplittie Thu Feb 09, 2006 7:18 pm

pickupguy wrote: Question:

If I took the pickup to a VW mechanic and said build me a transmission ...

the transmission is bad first time you drive it......

who pays to fix transmission ........

me or mechanic that built transmission??

The mechanic.

In your case it is different. You have to assume some risk when you buy the part yourself and install it (or have someone install it for you). That's outlined in the terms of your warranty which you should have understood before purchase. Is it any different if you had bought an alternator from your local NAPA and it was bad. Do you think they would give you money for the labor? Do you think they'd pay for having the old one put back in so you could drive on down to them to exchange out the defective one?

Again, it would be great customer service and speak volumes if QG stepped up and gave you something for the trouble, but not for the multiple tranny swaps you want to do. Yes, you got a raw deal, but you just can't come to grips with the reality of the situation.

YellowSplittie Thu Feb 09, 2006 7:24 pm

I could care less about QG, I'd never buy from them.

What was being offered to you by some of us were viable solutions to your problem, but you chose to focus on one thing... over and over. That's why personally I turned on you, you just can't be reasoned with and continued to whine about your problems.

pickupguy Thu Feb 09, 2006 7:25 pm

Again, it would be great customer service and speak volumes if QG stepped up and gave you something for the trouble, but not for the multiple tranny swaps you want to do. Yes, you got a raw deal, but you just can't come to grips with the reality of the situation.

Why does everyone say multiple swaps that I wanted to do .... That was Thomas idea remember I wanted another trans sent so I didn't have to do the multiple swaps. Thomas said to remove his trans reinstall my old one send his back when his trans returned pull mine out and reinstall his fixed trans when it arrived. I wanted one sent so I could pull his out install new one send his back.

also an alternator is alot different than a transmission the alternator could be switched out at your local NAPA store in the parking lot

YellowSplittie Thu Feb 09, 2006 7:31 pm

OK, so what ARE you going to do?

pickupguy Thu Feb 09, 2006 8:11 pm

At this point Thomas has extended tha warranty period my old trans has been sent back to them and no chargeback has been issued. It is now up to them. If the avitar works this is why I need the truck now. Yes that is a 1500 lbs of hay. We will just have to see what happens perhaps when the 911 engine is installed the trans can/will be swapped

Bruce Thu Feb 09, 2006 10:55 pm

pickupguy wrote: .......... how do you screw up the insides of a trans by having it installed I didn't install it a VW Shop did........

Did you put oil in it?

Gary Fri Feb 10, 2006 6:58 am

Bruce wrote: pickupguy wrote: .......... how do you screw up the insides of a trans by having it installed I didn't install it a VW Shop did........

Did you put oil in it?

Oh man, that's ripe! Bruce, the vendor should have flown out there and put oil in it for him. :roll: Based on the support pickupguy has been receiving, those dunderheads would agree.