TheSamba.com Forums

View original topic: Teenagers see gasoline cars going obsolete by 2015 Page: Previous  1, 2, 3, ... 12, 13, 14  Next
bluvw69 Fri Feb 03, 2006 8:29 pm

mintonman wrote: the teenagers love to drive fast

I guess I'm an exception...

tkelley Fri Feb 03, 2006 8:32 pm

As long as it's not Oprah!

Tom

ubercrap Fri Feb 03, 2006 10:36 pm

2015 is only 9 years away, well within the expected lifespan of a huge percentage of vehicles now on the road.

vujade Sat Feb 04, 2006 12:02 am

mintonman wrote: But the world is gonna end in 2012 sorry to say :twisted:

Does this have anything to do with the IChing or Terrance McKenna?

Nid Sat Feb 04, 2006 12:34 am

I think he means the m.ayan calender ends in 2012.

flyingCoyote Wed Feb 08, 2006 2:33 pm

Great...save the petrol for the old car lovers like us!

...Sweden has a head start over most countries. In 2003, 26% of all the energy consumed came from renewable sources - the EU average is 6%. Only 32% of the energy came from oil - down from 77% in 1970.

http://www.guardian.co.uk/oil/story/0,,1704954,00.html

wookie Wed Feb 08, 2006 2:47 pm

yeah well internal combustion doesn't mean gasoline..... it also doesn't mean fossil fuels or any other fuel that produces greenhouse gases

has anyone been to greasecar.com at all?

mintonman Wed Feb 08, 2006 9:23 pm

Nid wrote: I think he means the m.ayan calender ends in 2012.

Correct, & the hopi(I think)indian tribe say we are living in the end now. They knew when they saw the 2 tailed comet hail bop. Nostrodamas? predicted a 3 world war around 2012, it was a nuclear war caused by basically Iran................................... :? Didn't they just get nuclear power or somthing????? I can't forget to mention Sylvia Brown, she mentioned 2012 aswell. Every prediction talks of fire from the skys................... Think about it ,Do alittle reading, it's quite interesting

flyingCoyote Wed Feb 08, 2006 11:51 pm

mintonman wrote: Nid wrote: I think he means the m.ayan calender ends in 2012.

Correct, & the hopi(I think)indian tribe say we are living in the end now. They knew when they saw the 2 tailed comet hail bop. Nostrodamas? predicted a 3 world war around 2012, it was a nuclear war caused by basically Iran................................... :? Didn't they just get nuclear power or somthing????? I can't forget to mention Sylvia Brown, she mentioned 2012 aswell. Every prediction talks of fire from the skys................... Think about it ,Do alittle reading, it's quite interesting
Cranks have been saying "the world's about to end" for thousands of years, generally as a prelude to selling you some product or creed.

If this Sylvia woman offers you Kool-aid, you might want to decline.

Enkiel Fri Feb 10, 2006 7:35 am

just found this... might be closer than we though...

http://mrl.nyu.edu/~jhan/ftirtouch/

Gary Fri Feb 10, 2006 7:36 am

mintonman wrote: Nid wrote: I think he means the m.ayan calender ends in 2012.

Sylvia Brown is a fraud and people read into Nostradamus. To further throw a wrench into the works, if our calendar was properly adjusted we would be dating our checks '2009' rather than '2006' as we do today. The calendar has been adjusted and monkied with many times in the past few centuries.

Ceckert64 Fri Aug 07, 2020 4:31 pm

Lol, I just found this thread on accident, the world didn’t end in 2012 like they said 14 years ago :lol: And it’s still mostly gas cars. Since this thread began, electric car have become common though.

mintonman Fri Aug 07, 2020 5:42 pm

Wow! that was 14 years ago! The world I knew ended back around 2012 :lol:

Place is crazy now! Stop the ride and let me off :shock:

Pez Fri Aug 07, 2020 8:53 pm

Dude what a trip! CD's won't be obsolete in 2015, pfft no way! Man those have been out since 2012.. Or the minority report computer being so far fetched. Got that now. Love the OP bragging about his CD burner that etches custom labels on too!

Makes me feel old though, I remember having stacks of CD's and buying my last one. And remember thinking it was the coolest shit to burn a mix tape with Kid Rock, Limp Bizkit and Lincoln Park.. Probably would of bragged about making my own custom labels too I guess..

Abscate Sat Aug 08, 2020 4:00 am

Ceckert64 wrote: Lol, I just found this thread on accident, the world didn’t end in 2012 like they said 14 years ago :lol: And it’s still mostly gas cars. Since this thread began, electric car have become common though.

How do you know the world didn’t end in 2012 ?

typ914 Sat Aug 08, 2020 4:17 am

CDs are now being replace by cassettes and vinyl records as bands are going back to the Old format. LOL

oprn Sun Aug 09, 2020 6:28 pm

Interesting read! Lots of guys still think electric cars are going to take over the world in the next 4 years or so. Ha! Going to have to be a mad scramble on infastructure to make that happen! Even then there are a lot of places in this country that it may never be practical. I forsee a mix of fuels for a long time yet.

Don't sell the old Hudson Taraplane just yet Aunt Martha!

mark tucker Sun Aug 09, 2020 6:44 pm

are you smerter than a 4th greader... :shock: so..just how did they see this??? in their crystal ball? or crystal meth? of coarse my car is electrick, it has electrick radio, electrick computer, electrick lights. electricl fool injectors..and so on...even the electrick controls the anti lock breaks!!! but I still have to push that dam clutch pedal and shift the shifty thingy.

Cusser Sun Aug 09, 2020 6:46 pm

mark tucker wrote: are you smerter than a 4th greader...
I doubt that YOU are !!!

Abscate Sun Aug 09, 2020 6:48 pm

The shrill drum beat of the electric car whiners is swamped out by my ICE exhaust cutout