TheSamba.com Forums
 
  View original topic: LOWLIGHT FLOOR MATS... THE SOLUTION! Page: Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 42, 43, 44 ... 48, 49, 50  Next
Inchpincher61 Tue May 28, 2019 11:58 am

Luis,

thank you for your honest and detailed feedback. I totally understand your situation and I am not trying to push you to confirm any date but I think its important to have continous updates from the production...especially for all customer here on thesamba who still payed their mats.

I hope you can find a way to keep your head above the water because we all want to go with your fantastic mats in our Ghias and I think we are all impressed by the enthusiasm you have have put into that project

For me its worth the waiting. Keep going Luis!! :!:

sputnick60 Tue May 28, 2019 4:16 pm

Hi Luis,
Thanks for the update. I appreciate how much effort you’ve taken to make these mats. I was further amazed at the detailed development and process involved. And I was concerned with how sustainable all of it could be for you. The tent was a novel and surprising move I thought.
Anyhow, I hope it all works out for you. Cash flow is a kicker and putting food on the table is a priority. We all understand now you’ve explained

Nicholas

PeteSC Wed May 29, 2019 6:27 am

Thanks for the update, Luis.

I sincerely hope your fortunes turn around. If there's a silver lining in all of this for you perhaps it's this - it sounds like the "founding member" orders helped finance (along with your savings) your production setup. So you now own the molds, equipment, etc. to make mats. It sounds like you've got a bit of an uphill battle to fufill those outstanding orders, but perhaps once you do you can then do the mats on a made-to-order basis, and from that point on hopefully most of the sales price (outside of your rubber material costs and perishables) can go in your pocket. Hang in there.

Good luck, Luis!

John Moxon Fri Jun 07, 2019 1:46 am

Yes I agree...just hang in there Luis.

Even in these days of instant communication getting the news out there is still a bit of a headache. You have to catch the right audience with a banner headline that in effect says "THIS IS WHAT YOU'VE WANTED ALL THESE YEARS AND HERE IT IS" Even with the right headline you have to battle "Internet Cynicism" that counters the headline with "Yeah yeah we've heard that before, I'll wait and see what develops"

Some will wait until the major suppliers have it in stock...well for some items that will never happen...this just happens to be one such item. People like Luis are the lifeblood of the hobby...they put in their time, expertise and money to fill the void, not to make large profits...ask anyone who has taken on short-run projects.

It's vitally important they get our support. Without it, nothing gets done.

TRS63 Fri Jun 07, 2019 4:01 am

Hi Luis,

First of all 2 Thank you. First for your honesty and second for your dedication to this hobby with everything it involved.
Concerning the delay, I have to admit that even in my best dreams I won't be able to finish my car before at least 2021 so if someone is more in a hurry, you can push me further on the list, maybe it helps.
Cheers from Germany

Antoine

Burman Fri Jun 07, 2019 6:19 am

John Moxon wrote: Yes I agree...just hang in there Luis.

Even in these days of instant communication getting the news out there is still a bit of a headache. You have to catch the right audience with a banner headline that in effect says "THIS IS WHAT YOU'VE WANTED ALL THESE YEARS AND HERE IT IS" Even with the right headline you have to battle "Internet Cynicism" that counters the headline with "Yeah yeah we've heard that before, I'll wait and see what develops"

Some will wait until the major suppliers have it in stock...well for some items that will never happen...this just happens to be one such item. People like Luis are the lifeblood of the hobby...they put in their time, expertise and money to fill the void, not to make large profits...ask anyone who has taken on short-run project

It's vitally important they get our support. Without it, nothing gets done.

Very well spoken John! And THANK YOU Luis for making this happen!

Og50on16's Sat Jun 15, 2019 11:48 am

Hi All,

Been thinking positive vibes for this HUGE project. Hope all is well and Happy Fathers Day to all the Dads out in Ghia land!

sancho58 Sun Jul 14, 2019 9:00 pm

Any updates on the Mats I have not heard much on the subject

Silverclock Thu Jul 25, 2019 12:04 pm

Hi All

Was thinking about placing an order. Curious if anyone's taken delivery yet?

Thanks

John Moxon Thu Jul 25, 2019 12:09 pm

Silverclock wrote: Hi All

Was thinking about placing an order. Curious if anyone's taken delivery yet?

Thanks

Yes...still ongoing.



Braukuche Thu Jul 25, 2019 1:15 pm

Silverclock wrote: Hi All

Was thinking about placing an order. Curious if anyone's taken delivery yet?

Thanks

I was the first to order and pay, got my full set months ago.

grailoc Thu Jul 25, 2019 4:37 pm

I placed my order and paid back in January, did not get my set yet.
But trusting into Luis.

Silverclock Thu Jul 25, 2019 5:48 pm

thanks guys, appreciate the update.

John, the mats look awesome. Nice work!

Regards

boinkffd Fri Aug 02, 2019 8:48 am

Yes, I have mine and they are fantastic. Worth the investment.

Loren Fri Aug 02, 2019 6:32 pm

I placed my order early on and still don't have my mats. Fingers crossed that Luis delivers.

kgj Sat Aug 03, 2019 1:33 am

Well, if Luis is reading this I could really do with my mats now.
I ordered and paid for them right at the start of production and now actually have a roadgoing car I could use them in!
Here's hoping it's soon.

lajs57 Sat Aug 03, 2019 3:08 am

Hello guys,

I am in the process to resume production, I apologize for the delay, but be sure that I will deliver every set. I have been waiting to post, as I want to actually be in production, to give the good news, it should be shortly. I appreciate your patience, I understand your position and know that everyone loves their Ghia and wants to have their mats ASAP. Thank you for your understanding, I warranty that you will get and love your mats.

Luis

Og50on16's Wed Aug 07, 2019 10:45 am

Ese es mi Gallo!!!

grailoc Fri Aug 09, 2019 6:18 pm

lajs57 wrote: Hello guys,

I am in the process to resume production, I apologize for the delay, but be sure that I will deliver every set. I have been waiting to post, as I want to actually be in production, to give the good news, it should be shortly. I appreciate your patience, I understand your position and know that everyone loves their Ghia and wants to have their mats ASAP. Thank you for your understanding, I warranty that you will get and love your mats.

Luis

You re the MAN Luis !!

Srecko Sun Aug 11, 2019 4:28 am

Hi Luis,
Are there any developments with the RHD mats?



Powered by phpBB © 2001, 2005 phpBB Group