TheSamba.com Forums

View original topic: Let's see pics of your dogs in your van Page: Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 41, 42, 43 ... 45, 46, 47  Next
tuanis Thu Jun 03, 2021 6:45 am

This is Diego looking concerned about whatever is happening down the street

jayinduluth Fri Jun 11, 2021 2:18 pm

She's in this thread when she was younger, but here's Murphy again after a day of running around at the Morro Bay dog beach.

9.5 years young, getting grayer by the day.

djkeev Wed Jun 16, 2021 3:43 am

Not IN ..... as he has aged he likes vehicles less and less, he won't voluntarily get in.
He is quite happy to lie next to however!

He went from if the car door is open, he is in!
To no way, no how...... only if you make me.

A deer happened by, hence the on alert stance....... I said NO..... and the energy required to get up and give chase is probably just too great!
He watched......

Dave

Vanlife Geek Wed Jun 16, 2021 8:00 am

Here's Willow chillin' in the tent during a two week camp in the forest outside Rocky Mountain National Park. We're heading back to a nearby area for another two weeks. Good thing this dog loves to camp!

Vanuber Thu Jun 17, 2021 1:50 pm

Obi Wan is still mastering his Jedi jumping skills but seems to enjoy the van:

oasis Thu Jun 17, 2021 6:29 pm

Obi Wan makes me want a small dog. Very cool! 8)

AceTaylor Thu Jun 17, 2021 8:09 pm

Vanlife Geek Wed Jul 14, 2021 2:21 pm

Willow enjoying another great camp. We had to stay in a motel recently while waiting for my new fridge to be delivered and I can tell she much prefers the Westy and forest over motels. In the short time I've had Willow, she's developing into the best dog I've ever had. The perfect full-time van dog! Two nights ago I woke up to her barking, looked outside and a moose was walking through camp. Not much gets by her. As I was writing this, she chased/herded a chipmunk out of the screen room.

bobbyblack Wed Jul 14, 2021 2:27 pm

Just for fun.. I dislike dogs going into the woods, then into my van or house... But some of my family doesn't seem to think I have a very good point. I've just had too many cases of Lymes.

Vanlife Geek Wed Jul 14, 2021 2:47 pm

bobbyblack wrote: Just for fun.. I dislike dogs going into the woods, then into my van or house... But some of my family doesn't seem to think I have a very good point. I've just had too many cases of Lymes.

In my case, I pretty much live in the forest, making it her back yard, so not much choice. Fortunately, I tend to hang out during the summer months at the higher elevations of the Rockies, and the tick season is very short in the spring. When I lived in the Midwest, tick season was all summer, along with all manner of nasty bugs that are mainly absent from higher altitudes. We just have to deal with common flies, which cover the planet and probably Hell. And mud... as I write this, it's pouring outside, so it's probably going to be messy.

Schnippzle Thu Jul 15, 2021 12:40 am

Some excellent-looking dogs on-show here.

Vanlife Geek Sun Aug 22, 2021 10:45 am

Willow is becoming the best vanlife dog ever! During our long camps, she fully explores the area and may visit other campsites, especially if they have a dog, but always comes when I call her and is never a real pest to neighboring campers. Everyone seems to love her. Good girl, Willow!

This picture is from our last camp at one of my favorite dispersed camping sites in Roosevelt National Forest. I've camped here many times over the last 25 years and am sure to return again. This site is at about 8,300' and is located just a few miles from the Wild Basin entrance to Rocky Mountain National Park.
Best yard ever! Here's a new portrait I really like of her basking in the sun against a patch of wildflowers just outside the van.One day I noticed she lined up all of her toys in a row just outside the screen room, including a gross new one she found. This is unfortunately a relatively common occurrence of her finding various feet, spines, jawbones, etc. and then brings them back to camp as some kind of trophy.
She likes laying on my new ARB fridge. I just got the transit bag to help protect it.

The fridge also makes a better vantage point for viewing squirrels and such, apparently.
I added a Willow Photo Gallery on my website if anyone is interested: https://www.vanlifegeek.com/gallery-willow.htm
Here's a gallery of my last dog Loki in and around the van. He's gone, but not forgotten. https://www.vanlifegeek.com/gallery-8.htm

Abscate Sun Aug 22, 2021 12:43 pm

Love the pups.

Just lost my 14 year old Lab Shep mix.

:cry:

Vanlife Geek Sun Aug 22, 2021 12:49 pm

Abscate wrote: Love the pups.

:cry: Sorry to hear about your loss. 14 years is a pretty good run, though.

khughes Sun Aug 22, 2021 1:42 pm

14 years is definitely a good run, but it's never long enough for a beloved family member. Sorry to hear :cry:

Schnippzle Sun Aug 22, 2021 11:29 pm

Sorry for your loss.

thomast Mon Aug 23, 2021 5:31 am

Abscate Mon Aug 23, 2021 7:15 am

Thanks for the love, people.

The 15 year old Queen Bee cat is feeling it most, she gets up with me at 0600 and goes around the house to touch all the remaining animals each morning.

jcannon Tue Aug 31, 2021 8:10 am

Our dog "Bear" in his favorite position. He was 6 when we got him from a dog rescue. When we bought the Westy he jumped over the back seat as if he knew where he was going. Bear owned the area behind the back seat. Sometimes he wouldn't leave the Westy so we'd open the hatch and he'd sleep or watch from his elevated bed.

He passed into the great dog beyond at 13.

andyhess Mon Jun 27, 2022 6:25 am