TheSamba.com Forums

View original topic: Official good deal on Buses or parts topic Page: Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 448, 449, 450 ... 507, 508, 509  Next
campingbox Thu May 16, 2019 6:32 pm

cdennisg wrote: Braukuche wrote: deepseeman wrote: brokevwguy wrote: Seems like a good bus with potential at a seemingly good price. Looks like it will clean up to the original paint and logos. It will get cleaned up and be re-posted as an original paint and logo bus for 20k.

It is a good price. We see how well those 20k panels have been selling like hot cakes...NOT! The Egg bus, Mike Wolfes, among others, are just sitting waiting for a reality check on the price...lol

Everyone loves a logo panel, just not too many people actually want to own one.

Or drive one in traffic.

I personally found driving my no rear window panel fine in traffic. 2 side view mirrors are a must.

BulliBill Fri May 17, 2019 7:55 pm

campingbox wrote: cdennisg wrote: Braukuche wrote: deepseeman wrote: brokevwguy wrote: Seems like a good bus with potential at a seemingly good price. Looks like it will clean up to the original paint and logos. It will get cleaned up and be re-posted as an original paint and logo bus for 20k.

It is a good price. We see how well those 20k panels have been selling like hot cakes...NOT! The Egg bus, Mike Wolfes, among others, are just sitting waiting for a reality check on the price...lol

Or drive one in traffic.

I personally found driving my no rear window panel fine in traffic. 2 side view mirrors are a must.

Me too... I love owning and driving a Panel (and I have two other model Split Buses to compare it against). Folks who think they are difficult are missing out, they are great! A good pair of original round mirrors are all you need.

Bill Bowman

cdennisg Fri May 17, 2019 8:26 pm

BulliBill wrote: campingbox wrote: cdennisg wrote: Braukuche wrote: deepseeman wrote: brokevwguy wrote: Seems like a good bus with potential at a seemingly good price. Looks like it will clean up to the original paint and logos. It will get cleaned up and be re-posted as an original paint and logo bus for 20k.

Or drive one in traffic.

Me too... I love owning and driving a Panel (and I have two other model Split Buses to compare it against). Folks who think they are difficult are missing out, they are great! A good pair of original round mirrors are all you need.

Bill Bowman

I have only been a co-pilot in a panel bus, but even that was stressful. My camperized panel was bad enough without that third window on the starboard side, and I drove that thing for years.

No windows? No thanks. Give me a window bus any day.

j.pickens Fri May 17, 2019 10:05 pm

cdennisg wrote: BulliBill wrote: campingbox wrote: cdennisg wrote: Braukuche wrote: deepseeman wrote: brokevwguy wrote: Seems like a good bus with potential at a seemingly good price. Looks like it will clean up to the original paint and logos. It will get cleaned up and be re-posted as an original paint and logo bus for 20k.

Or drive one in traffic.

Bill Bowman

I have only been a co-pilot in a panel bus, but even that was stressful. My camperized panel was bad enough without that third window on the starboard side, and I drove that thing for years.

Being co-pilot is worse, the mirrors are directed to the driver. The passenger can only hope and wonder...

LAGrunthaner Sat May 18, 2019 5:49 am

I like the big commercial mirrors but it looks like it would be difficult in a tight parking spot or garage. Cool running logo bullet bus for under 10K, surprised it's not pending.

j.pickens wrote: cdennisg wrote: BulliBill wrote: campingbox wrote: cdennisg wrote: Braukuche wrote: deepseeman wrote: brokevwguy wrote: Seems like a good bus with potential at a seemingly good price. Looks like it will clean up to the original paint and logos. It will get cleaned up and be re-posted as an original paint and logo bus for 20k.

Or drive one in traffic.

Bill Bowman

Being co-pilot is worse, the mirrors are directed to the driver. The passenger can only hope and wonder...

mandraks Sat May 18, 2019 12:05 pm

BulliBill wrote: campingbox wrote: cdennisg wrote: Braukuche wrote: deepseeman wrote: brokevwguy wrote: Seems like a good bus with potential at a seemingly good price. Looks like it will clean up to the original paint and logos. It will get cleaned up and be re-posted as an original paint and logo bus for 20k.

Or drive one in traffic.

Bill Bowman

i agree, i would NEVER own a bus with those hideous "truck mirrors". i have removed them in the past and put originals back on.

rpattee Sat May 18, 2019 3:27 pm

Are those hideous "truck mirrors" still available new? I'm looking for a set. Nice used would work too.

chris henry Sat May 18, 2019 4:02 pm

rpattee wrote: Are those hideous "truck mirrors" still available new? I'm looking for a set. Nice used would work too.
Greg at the vintage warehouse has them new as well as a couple of advertisers on this site

chris henry Sat May 18, 2019 4:07 pm

mandraks wrote: BulliBill wrote: campingbox wrote: cdennisg wrote: Braukuche wrote: deepseeman wrote: brokevwguy wrote: Seems like a good bus with potential at a seemingly good price. Looks like it will clean up to the original paint and logos. It will get cleaned up and be re-posted as an original paint and logo bus for 20k.

Or drive one in traffic.

Bill Bowman

i agree, i would NEVER own a bus with those hideous "truck mirrors". i have removed them in the past and put originals back on.
I used to pull them off too, but I have a velvet green so42 that has a set that look to have been on there for 35 years and I already decided to leave them. As far as the panel debate goes I have a 59 that I drive all the time. It has stock round mirrors and it is just fine. the vision is pretty comparable to my so23

ezcamper Sun May 19, 2019 3:05 pm

I know it's a limited market but this is a cool truck for $15,000
https://www.thesamba.com/vw/classifieds/detail.php?id=2280166

Fish Sun May 19, 2019 3:51 pm

What is that thing on the right front bumper? An electric motor? Heater?

type2rescuemaine Sun May 19, 2019 5:01 pm

I saw that truck in person at Flanders, it is freaking sweet. Even if it isn't how it left the factory, that thing attracts a CROWD.

Braukuche Sun May 19, 2019 5:12 pm

type2rescuemaine wrote: I saw that truck in person at Flanders, it is freaking sweet. Even if it isn't how it left the factory, that thing attracts a CROWD.

Anyone know who did the conversion?

BarryL Sun May 19, 2019 6:39 pm

I thought those were the real McCoy for hauling pipe and timber.

hitest Sun May 19, 2019 8:02 pm

BarryL wrote: I thought those were the real McCoy for hauling pipe and timber.

I bet a guy really whacks his hand shifting from 2nd to 3rd the first few times. :)

BarryL Mon May 20, 2019 10:46 am

Fish wrote: What is that thing on the right front bumper? An electric motor? Heater?
Siren. I dig the turn signal location.

cdennisg Mon May 20, 2019 11:39 am

BarryL Mon May 20, 2019 11:53 am

hitest wrote: I bet a guy really whacks his hand shifting from 2nd to 3rd the first few times. :)
Your date's mom would sure be pissed if you picked them up in that.

mr. warehouse Mon May 20, 2019 11:59 am

hitest wrote: BarryL wrote: I thought those were the real McCoy for hauling pipe and timber.

I bet a guy really whacks his hand shifting from 2nd to 3rd the first few times. :)

I drove one for years. Never had a problem.

When I sold it the new owner dolled it up a bit and even added a right side bullet.

Who.Me? Mon May 20, 2019 12:24 pm

This makes sense to me...

mr. warehouse wrote:

This does not...

ezcamper wrote:

Where's the point in cutting half the cab away but leaving the gated part of the load bed full-width?

The "plumber's" single cab made sense for carrying long loads without an SO14 trailer etc.

The custom cab on the red thing adds what? An extra 5 x 4ft platform with nothing to contain or protect any cargo you put on it? Short of carrying a pedal car up front, I can't see it serves any useful purpose.