TheSamba.com Forums

View original topic: The dawn of a new beggining!!
60DoubleTurd Wed Mar 22, 2006 5:16 pm

I finally got the game room all done and was able to rearrange the garage for the 100th time and fit the square in. Now its out of the weather and I can beggin to dismantle everything. Here are some pics from today. I think I am going to use this thread as a progress thread. We'll see how much time I get in the summer o work on her. At least with all the shows I can get motivated to work on her.

60DoubleTurd Wed Mar 22, 2006 6:07 pm

These just came in the mail right after I posted this.

notchboy Wed Mar 22, 2006 6:56 pm

What are the T34 parts extra or does the square have something instore for it like a round peg in a square hole?

Bout time you got to it :roll: :lol: Well all be cheering on from the sidelines :!:

60DoubleTurd Wed Mar 22, 2006 7:27 pm

I bought a guys entire 34 for parts for the square as well as extra stuff for Jacin that he wanted/needed. I will be gettin it off the pan hopefully next weekend. And so it begins......

notchboy Wed Mar 22, 2006 7:55 pm

\:D/ =D>

squareonair Wed Mar 22, 2006 8:10 pm

thats great...another type3 being brought back to life.....cant wait to see this go on...should be a nice build...keep the pictures comming

raru Thu Mar 23, 2006 10:12 am

she been sitting in any canadian snow drifts?? :D nah, looks good! looking forward to the progress.

60DoubleTurd Thu Mar 23, 2006 12:46 pm

This one originated in the Netherlands and was found in Southern California. Rockers are good as the day they rolled out of the factory. Only very minimal rust on pan from sitting in the rain the last year. The pan, beam and tranny are first.

gtraverso Thu Mar 23, 2006 2:34 pm

I have the identical project going on, though mine is a slightly different shade of blue and I haven't yet taken all the chrome and lights and such off. As soon as the weather warms up and the average temp in my garage is at least in the 50's I'll be able to make some progress!

Keep posting pics!

60DoubleTurd Thu Mar 23, 2006 4:06 pm

What year is it. Mine is supposed to be Gulf Blue but it has a respray of a lighter blue.

60DoubleTurd Sat Apr 01, 2006 2:22 pm

Today I got it ready for pulling the body off the pan. Now I am waiting for all the people who went out last night and sleep til 2 to get over here and take it off. Does anyone else ever forget to pull those bolts off the beam mount???

So here is the list for everyone who wants it. I know the question has come up before so I wrote it down this time while doing it.

2 - 15mm bolts for the top of the rear shock towers
2 - 15mm bolts under the rear seat
6 - 13mm bolts under the rear seat
9 - 13mm bolts on each side of the pan rail underneath
2 - 15mm bolts on each front corner pan rail
2 - 15mm bolts holding the beam mount to the body(one on each side)

For being mounted to the pan for 44 years the bolts all came of with ease except for 2 on the drivers rocker. They busted. :evil: So after I get the body off I have to drill em out.

Notched Sat Apr 01, 2006 11:26 pm

The best thing I've found for getting a broken bolt out is not an Easy Out, but a reverse drill bit. As big as you can use. Really soak what's left with some good penatrant. I've got one on my '63 Notch I have to get out one day...

COFBack Sun Apr 02, 2006 1:18 pm

Good Luck
Rooting from the slidelines.

RMS

60DoubleTurd Sun Apr 02, 2006 2:10 pm

I've gpt some good penetrant. PB Blaster I think its called. It helped me remove the steering column at the box.

notchboy Tue Apr 04, 2006 2:02 pm

BUMP!

What is the latest? Out of the paint booth?

Russ Wolfe Tue Apr 04, 2006 5:15 pm

notchboy wrote: BUMP!

Where were you Sunday?? I didn't see you at Ennis.... Mr. TexasBoy... :twisted:

60DoubleTurd Tue Apr 04, 2006 5:17 pm

I wish. As soon as I get some help getting it off the body and can find a shop I trust that will take it on a rack and not the pan its out of here. Jason, I got a decision to make......Would you get it painted even if you didnt have the sheet metal for the engine area yet and them get that done at a later date when you found it or would you wait? I cant find any. I want it to look factory though so maybe I wait and see if someone has a totaled early car from the front eh???

notchboy Tue Apr 04, 2006 7:30 pm

Russ Wolfe wrote: notchboy wrote: BUMP!

Where were you Sunday?? I didn't see you at Ennis.... Mr. TexasBoy... :twisted:

I was picking up a new notch mess. Didnt you see my new forum topic on my crazy plans yet? I didnt even think that other from the forum would be there! I guess Im not into show mode yet.