TheSamba.com Forums

View original topic: Today in Bus hunting history... Page: Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 886, 887, 888 ... 988, 989, 990  Next
Skim Wed Nov 08, 2017 9:40 am

EmpiGT wrote: Those radars sure would look good on it Skim.. :wink:

Ha! Man, UZI bought them right away. He's putting them on the Jurassic 53!

EmpiGT Wed Nov 08, 2017 9:47 am

Gibbs is always Johnny Bench... I mean Johnny on the spot.. Think he's not? :twisted:
This is my second round buying a gutted so23. Last time I spent forever looking for missing stuff. Should have kept this one

Skim Wed Nov 08, 2017 10:26 am

EmpiGT wrote: Gibbs is always Johnny Bench... I mean Johnny on the spot.. Think he's not? :twisted:
This is my second round buying a gutted so23. Last time I spent forever looking for missing stuff. Should have kept this one

sick! Czech out those meats!

EmpiGT Wed Nov 08, 2017 10:35 am

Those were 205/70's. Pure bitch to get in there. I wouldnt do that on a bus with a nice paint job without deflating the tires first or unbolting the axle.

booyah Wed Nov 08, 2017 1:22 pm

buseric wrote: booyah wrote: This late 58 SC had been sitting in a barn since the late 70's.

I looked at pics of this bus a couple months ago. It wasn't cheap or alone.
It was more than I’ve spent in the past but it is super solid. Here are a couple of cheaper units still on the property.

bally Wed Nov 08, 2017 3:22 pm

Great collection of single cabs! I hope they get rescued soon.

crukab Wed Nov 08, 2017 4:24 pm

bally wrote: Great collection if single cabs! I hope they get rescued soon.

Yepper !! :lol: Love seeing a fleet of Split Singles !!

When I see a Bus w/ hitch like ^^^^ that, I wonder , was it a one time bolt/weld it on to move from A to B, or was it a tow behind the RV deal... ??

earlywesty Wed Nov 08, 2017 5:11 pm

crukab wrote: bally wrote: Great collection if single cabs! I hope they get rescued soon.

When I see a Bus w/ hitch like ^^^^ that, I wonder , was it a one time bolt/weld it on to move from A to B, or was it a tow behind the RV deal... ??

In Canada usually a 'tow behind the tractor or combine deal'. A way to get home at the end of the day.

SamboSamba22 Wed Nov 08, 2017 5:37 pm

buseric wrote: crukab wrote: bally wrote: Great collection if single cabs! I hope they get rescued soon.

In Canada usually a 'tow behind the tractor or combine deal'. A way to get home at the end of the day.
Originally picked up in NE Arkansas, my Single has a very similar setup. Farm country.

booyah Wed Nov 08, 2017 7:09 pm

crukab wrote: bally wrote: Great collection if single cabs! I hope they get rescued soon.

They used it as a platform to build their outbuildings on the farm. Probably towed it behind a tractor.

ryans65 Thu Nov 09, 2017 6:46 am

Any idea what the price is on the "cheaper units" ?

booyah wrote: buseric wrote: booyah wrote: This late 58 SC had been sitting in a barn since the late 70's.

It was more than I’ve spent in the past but it is super solid. Here are a couple of cheaper units still on the property.

booyah Thu Nov 09, 2017 7:57 am

The owner was looking at $6-7k Cdn for each of them. They are apparently 59's although fried egg turn signals wouldn't be correct (may have been later add on). They were both dove blue at one time. They are in SK, Canada. Maybe someone on the forum has actually been to the site to see them?

ryans65 wrote: Any idea what the price is on the "cheaper units" ?

booyah wrote: buseric wrote: booyah wrote: This late 58 SC had been sitting in a barn since the late 70's.

EmpiGT Fri Nov 17, 2017 2:23 pm

Just drug this out of it's 35 plus year spot.

nlorntson Fri Nov 17, 2017 3:07 pm

EmpiGT wrote: Just drug this out of it's 35 plus year spot.

SO4?

EmpiGT Fri Nov 17, 2017 4:51 pm

It's not mcoded as an so42 or anything else. Has a homemade camper interior. So I'm guessing the poptop was added. Has Los Angeles port code.

d-rick Fri Nov 17, 2017 8:38 pm

Love when this thread gets a bump....nice find

von_hansel Fri Nov 17, 2017 8:55 pm

EmpiGT wrote: It's not mcoded as an so42 or anything else. Has a homemade camper interior. So I'm guessing the poptop was added. Has Los Angeles port code.

FYI- Sundial did offer a pop-top and they were from So Cal.

Not saying it is a Sundial, but that could be what it was at one time

EmpiGT Fri Nov 17, 2017 9:00 pm

Sundile poptops look a little slimmer and sharper lines in profile. This looks like a westy top. A little taller and rounded edges. I thought that at first too.

BarryL Sat Nov 18, 2017 9:44 am

Are the front wheels wide-5 or some car hubcaps? Is it as unrusty and original painty-ness as it looks in the distance?

AS350driver Sat Nov 18, 2017 11:12 am

Looks like 70's Ford pickup hubcaps