TheSamba.com Forums

View original topic: Russ Wolfe - you should jump on this
FASTBACKDON Sat Apr 08, 2006 11:19 am

http://cgi.ebay.com/1970-VW-Fastback-automatic_W0Q...otohosting
Russ I saw this on e-bay not sure how close the seller is to you but it is a good price

Zarana-X Sat Apr 08, 2006 11:21 am

It's an automatic, too. need to see pics of the engine, but my car looked worse than that when I bought it.

Russ Wolfe Sat Apr 08, 2006 12:30 pm

I am on it!!!!!
It would be a good road trip to see how the wife's KIA SUV tows cars.
It is about 120 miles from me.

FASTBACKDON Thu Apr 13, 2006 10:32 am

FASTBACKDON wrote: http://cgi.ebay.com/1970-VW-Fastback-automatic_W0Q...otohosting
Russ I saw this on e-bay not sure how close the seller is to you but it is a good price Hey Russ it is up to 99 bucks now you going for it?

Russ Wolfe Thu Apr 13, 2006 4:40 pm

I had a snipe set up, but the other bidder wanted it more than me. I lost the bidding by $2.50. I checked him out.
He is a trike builder from the Ozarks. Trike builders will give their first born for T-3's with automatics.
I don't play those games of bidding early. I am a sniper. One shot, one kill. Notice my bid was in the last 10 seconds.

FASTBACKDON Thu Apr 13, 2006 4:49 pm

damn dude 10 seconds wow well keep in contact with the buyer if he is a trike guy you might get spare parts for nothing

Russ Wolfe Thu Apr 13, 2006 4:58 pm

The winner is closer to Mr. Bubblehead or blankmange. 350 mile trip for me.

FASTBACKDON Thu Apr 13, 2006 5:03 pm

ahh oh I was not sure

Mr. Bubblehead Thu Apr 13, 2006 7:36 pm

Russ I am pretty sure that I know who he is. He's a real asshat and yes, the car will be hacked into a trike. :roll:

blankmange Fri Apr 14, 2006 3:16 am

Mr. Bubblehead wrote: Russ I am pretty sure that I know who he is. He's a real asshat and yes, the car will be hacked into a trike. :roll:

what will he do with the leftovers?

Russ Wolfe Fri Apr 14, 2006 7:19 am

Don't know. Should at least try to snag the FI and any good body parts. I don't know what condition the pans are in. As a Trike builder, he is after the engine, autotrans, and the rear suspension. The rest, he could care less about.
I think I will try and contact him and see what he is doing with it. Maybe he and I can make a trade for my autotrans rear suspension from my parts car.

Mr. Bubblehead Fri Apr 14, 2006 8:01 am

Yeah I was going to request the FI stuff from him.

Zarana-X Fri Apr 14, 2006 5:00 pm

I got a parts car from a trike builder once. The cars as good as dead.