TheSamba.com Forums

View original topic: You gotta name for yours? Naming your Bus. Page: Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 25, 26, 27, 28, 29  Next
Banjoben Mon Jan 20, 2014 3:41 pm

I just brought this bus home after Christmas. I don't even have it registered to me yet, but my wife and daughter got to work immediately giving it a name. It had to be something referencing "orange" so it eventually came around to food.
Meet "Clementine"

74 westy side by banjoben42, on Flickr

jhicken Mon Jan 20, 2014 10:27 pm

Our bus was named "Kimberly" by the former/original owner. We decided to keep it for good luck.

-jeffrey

my 74 tangerine westy Mon Jan 20, 2014 11:21 pm

My bus is named The Tangerine Turtle Bus funny part is abbreviated it is TTB but anyways the previous owner named it and it has stuck ever since

jburkhart Tue Jan 21, 2014 6:23 am

Wow, there are a lot of orange busses out there. Mine is the Love Pumpkin.

jtauxe Tue Jan 21, 2014 11:22 am

Meet Snickers, because it looks like a big candy bar. My link on the previous page changed, so here is a fresh one:

And that's original 1979 paint, by the way!

vwcanuck Sat Jan 25, 2014 8:49 am

ChaseEverett wrote: Now the question is, who needs Custom stickers with their Bus' name? :D

Sounds like a good reason for a new thread with pics of what you can do :D

Wasted youth Sat Jan 25, 2014 9:14 am

I don't name cars... but we were thinking German Chocolate, (like the German Chocolate pie with merengue) would be a good name for this bus:

1977 manual transmission CE-1 with sliding roof.

Euronut Sat Jan 25, 2014 10:31 am

My wife calls her Hippa, but I always refer to her as Jellybean. She is currently parked for the winter in a couple feet of snow, and really miss driving around in her.[/img]

ChaseEverett Fri Feb 07, 2014 7:37 am

vwcanuck wrote: ChaseEverett wrote: Now the question is, who needs Custom stickers with their Bus' name? :D

Sounds like a good reason for a new thread with pics of what you can do :D

Sorry for the late response
http://www.thesamba.com/vw/classifieds/manage.php

nwester Fri Feb 07, 2014 5:01 pm

I had mine named before I owned him. When I first saw his pics for sale, the name 'Ollie' just popped in my head. No rhyme or reason. That was just his name I guess.

Agentwright Sat Feb 08, 2014 11:05 pm

So i have not actually picked it up yet. but it brings me great pleasure to introduce my new bus "EL GUAPO"

ssk Sun Feb 09, 2014 7:15 am

here is my "Road Warrior" :D

ZornigBus Sun Jun 01, 2014 8:19 am

Her name is Matilda.

ratfinkwesty Sun Jun 01, 2014 2:26 pm

Mine is 1975 and its Bailly, after my previous owners husband died from cancer.

finkelstein Sun Jun 01, 2014 3:57 pm

Brobee, sage green '79 Campmobile. Got real lucky on this one.

Evilrift Sun Jun 01, 2014 4:48 pm

Limey and Stormy

Both named by my daughter...

karlonwheels Sun Jun 01, 2014 10:23 pm

This is Stella. She's going through some stuff right now.

korfmach Sun Jun 01, 2014 10:25 pm

I've called my '74 Dorper the "Lounge on Wheels" since it doubles as a bar on climbing and skiing roadtrips. But that name is just a place holder until I think of a better one. Since the Bus seems to prefer warmer weather, I'm currently considering "La Soledad". I've only had it for a couple months so I'm sure something will happen that will inspire an appropriate name.

My nephew, who is bonkers for every type of fishing, suggested "The Bleeding Trout"...which is pretty freakin' original. I'm not sure everyone would understand, though.

My '98 Jetta TDI is "Trixie" after Speed Racer's girlfriend.

Heathintexas Fri Jun 06, 2014 10:40 pm

I named mine Kanye.

Because when I got him, I had to get used to the looks I would get from everyone. Then, after I became acclimated to the attention, I would be offended if someone made eye contact and didn't smile. I felt that was the kanye attitude.

djway3474 Fri Jun 06, 2014 10:42 pm

Named mine just this week :D