TheSamba.com Forums

View original topic: Literature and Paper Items Page: Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 13, 14, 15 ... 25, 26, 27  Next
zozo Sat Apr 17, 2010 7:28 am

This little bag came in the glove box of my '62 ragtop beetle. It's got several pieces of blaupunkt literature in it that per the OG owner, came with the car.

Were these bags the normal method for packaging the literature?

EverettB Mon Apr 19, 2010 10:08 am

I would say yes as I have seen that several times before and have at least 1 packet like that.

zozo Mon Apr 19, 2010 4:05 pm

EverettB wrote: I would say yes as I have seen that several times before and have at least 1 packet like that.

Cool. Thanks.

Peter_Plade Sun Apr 25, 2010 8:49 am

Booklet from the mid 50ies, about how to build a vw dealership, it´s on 97 pages.
Alot of nice pictures of splits, ovals and barndoors.

EverettB Sun Apr 25, 2010 10:05 am

Awesome!

Wiggy Mon Apr 26, 2010 9:00 am

Peter_Plade wrote: Booklet from the mid 50ies, about how to build a vw dealership, it´s on 97 pages.
Alot of nice pictures of splits, ovals and barndoors.

Love it!

ALLWAGONS Mon Apr 26, 2010 8:18 pm

I have a different version than yours. Mine shows how to paint the signs on the wall etc etc.

panel67 Tue Apr 27, 2010 11:20 am

Just bought a brochure in a German automotive literature shop.

It's a 1951 "Ein Hamburger Volkswagen Grossbetrieb" brochure.

But when it arrived I'm not sure if it's OG or repro. The staples look new (not even a little bit of rust), but it smells old. The paper is in an excellent condition.

Does anyone know markings that can tell me if it's og or not?

grtz
Patrick
http://www.thesamba.com/vw/archives/lit/51vw.php (not mine, but as example)

IN2VWS Tue Apr 27, 2010 1:15 pm

Have you held it under an UV (ultra violet) light?
If it is a repro, it will light up like a Christmas tree.

zozo Sat May 22, 2010 6:31 pm

Maintenance Card

dropped65 Sun Jun 20, 2010 12:11 pm

how do i tell if this dien kdf-wagen is original or a good repro and info would be great

Herbie3Rivers Mon Jun 21, 2010 8:43 am

Picked two of these up off eBay last night. New old stock "Getting to know your VW" sun visor sleeve cards. One of these is going on my 72 Super at shows.

ovals4ever Thu Jul 15, 2010 2:08 pm

Here are some new brochures / magazines that have been added to my collection for the past few months...

jennyt Fri Jul 16, 2010 10:12 pm

An interesting document that came in the mail from the woman who sold me her '62 bus a year ago...came with no supplemental information:

Hey! You with the pipe smokin' back there! Snuff that smelly thing immediately! Rauchen Verboten! Défense De Fumer!

EverettB Fri Jul 16, 2010 11:32 pm

Very cool - I'm not sure I have seen that one in French before.

jennyt Sat Jul 17, 2010 8:59 am

I'm told the owner of the document was a globetrotting aunt who was always buying new vehicles. Note the apparent price quote of $1,750 written on the front page. Interesting the missing back bumper on the one bus. Looking at other similar brochures of the era in the archives, it seems those early drawings never showed turn signals...even semaphores tucked away.

And of course the artist's renditions of those early buses showed them supersleek and streamlined...when in actuality, obviously they were a bit more box-y. I wondered if this led to customer disappointment at times when they test-drove the real deal. Of course in those days, streamline design was quite the trend.

EverettB Sat Jul 17, 2010 11:32 am

Since it's a '52 brochure (I think) it's not really missing a back bumper, it's before they came with a back bumper. :)

I guess they never thought it was important to show the semaphore up in the air. Never really thought about that but they were the common turn signal at the time so maybe it wasn't important.

pbaptist Wed Jul 28, 2010 1:45 pm

This week I bought a series of around 300 Technical Bulletins from NOV 1955 till march 1961. The early ones in German, but most in Dutch.

These are not the well known A4 technical bulletins as shown in:
http://www.thesamba.com/vw/archives/manuals/techbulletin_index.php

But these are smaller (A5) size. Who can tell me more about these smaller sized technical bulletins.

The nummering is all in the 531 xxx xx series while the bigger A4 is the 533 xxx xx series. Since mine are all dutch the country digit at the end is 30. The middle three digits have the same style of numbering as the 533 series.

000 series: I (information), N (Change data), S (oil), T (technical), Z (Miscellaneous)
100 series: M (Engine & Clutch)
200 series: K (Fuel System)
400 series: V (Front Axle & Steering)
500 series: H (Rear Axle & Transmission)
600 series: B (Brakes, Wheels & Tires)
700 series: R (Frame)
800 series: A (Body)
900 series: E Elektric

Example: My dutch A18 is: 531 818 30

Were these only available in Germany and Netherlands?
Were these for special dealers?

Rusted Relics Wed Jul 28, 2010 2:49 pm

These Bulletins were given to all the dealerships service areas. They are much like warranty recalls. They were in a multitude of languages.

Great score!

type2vw Fri Jul 30, 2010 7:43 am

Here are a few more Dealer's vinyl pouches that I have. Sorry some of the scans aren't very clear.

The stamp for the previous pouch

Stamp for the previous pouch