TheSamba.com Forums

View original topic: 'Unknown' Barndoor Deluxes Page: Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 41, 42, 43
sled Wed Jan 17, 2018 8:45 am

DUH!!

Mr. OGPaint Sat Mar 10, 2018 5:47 pm

Kasten68 wrote: Before the pile of wood... but already a pile of $hit :)

Any updates on this bus yet? Im guessing its in the U.K. by now

ryans65 Tue Jun 05, 2018 4:26 am

any update on the woodpile bus?!

Mr. OGPaint Mon Apr 08, 2019 5:48 pm

Does anyone know where the woodpile bus landed, I heard it was headed to the UK? Did it survive the journey?

streetwagens Mon Apr 08, 2019 9:17 pm

Mr. OGPaint wrote: Does anyone know where the woodpile bus landed, I heard it was headed to the UK? Did it survive the journey?

Yes, its landed fine, but its had to take a bit of a back seat due to an expanding family, which has needed some house modifications this year 😂

Rich's 50 Tue Apr 09, 2019 1:54 pm

Looking forward to this one

JonL Fri Aug 09, 2019 9:44 am

House wrote: This one look familiar?
i remember this one the first time i visited that shop, this one was there too.

i didn't know enough back then to know that these were barndoors.

Does anyone know anything about this bus?

type2rescuemaine Wed Aug 14, 2019 11:07 am

JonL wrote: House wrote: This one look familiar?
i remember this one the first time i visited that shop, this one was there too.

i didn't know enough back then to know that these were barndoors.

Does anyone know anything about this bus?

Looks to be similar if not the same bus.

JonL Sat Aug 17, 2019 8:25 am

wow, interesting. I saw the white one in this thread, and I thought it might be a bus that some of my parts came from. ( So I was told), and the bus looked purpose built, so curious about it. Thanks!

gatorwyatt Sat Aug 17, 2019 11:55 am

The white one (and probably green one) is a Swiss observation bus. It was outfitted with special alternator or generator (cant recall) to power all the additional sirens and speakers. That pic was most likely snapped in 95ish at Daryl Adams in Ft Lauderdale. He was assembling a large collection of rare and odd VWs and sold it all off a few years later. A few of us were invited to come spend a day looking through the collection.

Brezelmeister Sat Aug 17, 2019 4:27 pm

gatorwyatt wrote: The white one (and probably green one) is a Swiss observation bus. It was outfitted with special alternator or generator (cant recall) to power all the additional sirens and speakers. That pic was most likely snapped in 95ish at Daryl Adams in Ft Lauderdale. He was assembling a large collection of rare and odd VWs and sold it all off a few years later. A few of us were invited to come spend a day looking through the collection.

Not really.

They are ex Swedish Air force and were used as observation / reconnaissance vehicles.
The green is mostly original and still in Sweden from what I have read.

The white one used to belong to Darryl Adams back when he had tons of VWs.

mandraks Tue Aug 20, 2019 6:06 pm

Brezelmeister wrote: gatorwyatt wrote: The white one (and probably green one) is a Swiss observation bus. It was outfitted with special alternator or generator (cant recall) to power all the additional sirens and speakers. That pic was most likely snapped in 95ish at Daryl Adams in Ft Lauderdale. He was assembling a large collection of rare and odd VWs and sold it all off a few years later. A few of us were invited to come spend a day looking through the collection.

Not really.

They are ex Swedish Air force and were used as observation / reconnaissance vehicles.

easy mistake to make. Here in the US Switzerland and Sweden are often confused with each other. Not the countries, but the names

gatorwyatt Wed Aug 21, 2019 6:32 pm

mandraks wrote: Brezelmeister wrote: gatorwyatt wrote: The white one (and probably green one) is a Swiss observation bus. It was outfitted with special alternator or generator (cant recall) to power all the additional sirens and speakers. That pic was most likely snapped in 95ish at Daryl Adams in Ft Lauderdale. He was assembling a large collection of rare and odd VWs and sold it all off a few years later. A few of us were invited to come spend a day looking through the collection.

Not really.

easy mistake to make. Here in the US Switzerland and Sweden are often confused with each other. Not the countries, but the names

Thanks Uli...

Coming in a little hot brezelmeister. The country is what I forgot the exact detail on and you condemn my entire comment? Like I wasnt there and didnt hear correct😂 I have almost the exact picture from the same day, my guess is that pic belongs to Mike Brown...user SHSC. Carry on 🙄

campingbox Thu Aug 22, 2019 7:34 am

you slippin Todd

gatorwyatt Thu Aug 22, 2019 10:04 am

campingbox wrote: you slippin Todd

Probably didnt even know what bus was in 1995...