TheSamba.com Forums
 
  View original topic: Good deals on Nice Vans Page: Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 305, 306, 307, 308, 309  Next
YosemiteBound Wed Jul 22, 2020 8:48 pm

Is it me or does it look like this could be a steal? No affiliation:

https://www.thesamba.com/vw/classifieds/detail.php?id=2399798

Ellioup Wed Jul 22, 2020 9:42 pm

Trying to buy this one!

Reached out a little bit ago, can't wait to hear back

joetiger Thu Jul 23, 2020 7:33 am

Ellioup wrote: Trying to buy this one!

Reached out a little bit ago, can't wait to hear back

Best of luck! Love that year and model.

Ellioup Thu Jul 23, 2020 7:47 am

Is there a guide on what to expect for road noise per year?

I assume they get better with each year, but was curious how the 85 is "rated" for road noise.

Thanks :idea:

CanStan Thu Jul 23, 2020 12:35 pm

Ellioup wrote: Is there a guide on what to expect for road noise per year?

I assume they get better with each year, but was curious how the 85 is "rated" for road noise.

Thanks :idea:

Iíve never seen a guide. Maybe something exists, but I would think itís mostly subjective and varies from Van to Van, more so than year to year. I recall the last few years of Vanagons had extra seals at the leading edge of the front doors, but I canít say whether that makes any real world difference in sound. Tire selection can make a big difference. So can the condition of window seals. Added / removed insulation? That will change things too.
A Vanagon isnít silent like a new Benz. Itís a high revving toaster on the highway, so for sure thereís some noise. But Iíve never found it to be irritating. But I also prefer to listen to the pulse of my engine while I drive, rather than the radio anything else. Plus, a little road noise drowns out the kids fighting in the back.

Ellioup Thu Jul 23, 2020 12:47 pm

Sweet thanks for the tips

levi Thu Jul 23, 2020 1:48 pm

If the van you end end up buying isn't as quiet as you'd like, there are threads on here detailing how and where to add sound deadening.

Added benefit includes a nice solid thunk when closing the driver door now instead of the original tinnier sound.

Minor, I know, but I kinda like the little things like that. :wink:

Ellioup Thu Jul 23, 2020 1:49 pm

Lol same! That's why I'm getting so detailed on it (without even owning one yet!). Can't wait..

YosemiteBound Thu Jul 23, 2020 3:57 pm

Ellioup wrote: Lol same! That's why I'm getting so detailed on it (without even owning one yet!). Can't wait..

Did you buy this 85?

Ellioup Thu Jul 23, 2020 3:59 pm

YosemiteBound wrote: Ellioup wrote: Lol same! That's why I'm getting so detailed on it (without even owning one yet!). Can't wait..

Did you buy this 85?

Trying too/thatís the plan.

Havenít driven much manual before but canít be too bad to pick it up. Is yours manual or automatic?

YosemiteBound Thu Jul 23, 2020 7:50 pm

Ellioup wrote: YosemiteBound wrote: Ellioup wrote: Lol same! That's why I'm getting so detailed on it (without even owning one yet!). Can't wait..

Did you buy this 85?

Trying too/thatís the plan.

Havenít driven much manual before but canít be too bad to pick it up. Is yours manual or automatic?

Manual for sure. I can't imagine having one of these in auto... Also I hate to bust your bubble but these aren't the right rigs to learn on.

Ellioup Thu Jul 23, 2020 7:59 pm

Oof yea i figured. May have it shipped..

Do yíall have any recommendations for shipping?

dobryan Fri Jul 24, 2020 6:06 am

Ellioup wrote: Oof yea i figured. May have it shipped..

Do yíall have any recommendations for shipping?

This will get you started.

https://www.thesamba.com/vw/forum/search.php?searc...=titleonly

Post on one of the existing topics with any new questions rather than in this topic. Or start a new topic of your own if you do not find what you need. :D

Ellioup Thu Jul 30, 2020 8:27 pm

https://www.thesamba.com/vw/classifieds/detail.php?id=2401905

Thoughts?

Georgia Cracker Fri Jul 31, 2020 3:23 am

This might be a decent deal - https://atlanta.craigslist.org/atl/cto/d/atlanta-1985-volkswagen-vanagon/7168704575.html

YosemiteBound Sat Aug 01, 2020 8:04 pm

Another 85 that looks like it could be gotten for a good deal. Recent Go Westy engine rebuild and a bunch of other work. Would want to check it for any rust in person though. No affiliation.

https://losangeles.craigslist.org/wst/cto/d/1985-volkswagen-vanagon-westfalia/7162347193.html

acal.photo Mon Aug 03, 2020 11:01 am

Georgia Cracker wrote: This might be a decent deal - https://atlanta.craigslist.org/atl/cto/d/atlanta-1985-volkswagen-vanagon/7168704575.html

Curious about this one too since I'm in the southeast. Looks like rust below the kitchen and above right wheel well, sagging suspension. I'm a novice that's still on the hunt for my first van, so feel free to correct me, but with this one what it seems like is a bad body with an engine rebuild and new wheels?

Georgia Cracker Mon Aug 03, 2020 4:10 pm

What looks like sag looks pretty normal to me, our '85 is the same. I think an inspection is warranted. The rust may not be bad, certainly treatable. At that price I would look if I was in the market.

vanonimous Sat Aug 08, 2020 10:44 am

Any info on this van? Advertiser didn't respond, assuming it sold but left ad active. This would be a fun project.
https://www.thesamba.com/vw/classifieds/detail.php?id=2400054

campism Mon Aug 10, 2020 9:02 pm

"Bone stock" must not include those T&C buckets. Nice enough van other than that goof.

https://www.facebook.com/marketplace/item/375684943397855



Powered by phpBB © 2001, 2005 phpBB Group