TheSamba.com Forums

View original topic: Newb to bays
Firecrusader Sun Sep 17, 2006 9:21 pm

Hello, been doing a fair amount of reading on the bays. I am thinking of purchasing one.... Dont tell my friends... :lol: . After serious thought on the prices of the splits, what else can I do.

Anyways, heres my question. I tried a search and couldnt find the answer.
Do certain bays have the side chrome trim molding, or is that a custom thing. I have seen a few pics of some lowered bays with trim, but not a whole heck of a lot of stock ones. Just wondering if certain years, or models had them. And if so, do the standard bay bus places sell them, or is there a certain shop that exclusively does it.

One last thing, what is the concenses of the group on the trim. Good or bad, or "who cares"

Thanks ahead of time for the help. I am sure I will be back in this forum again.

djdh68dlux Sun Sep 17, 2006 9:29 pm

The Deluxe's have the beltline trim. I guess the deluxe bays aren't as popular as the campers so you don't tend to see them as often. Personally, I like the trim. Oh and the only place I've seen make repro's of it is ISP West.

GeorgeL Sun Sep 17, 2006 10:21 pm

Campers were usually built on standard buses, while most of the non-camper buses exported to the US were Deluxes. The trim was a Deluxe thing. Just enough deluxes were made into campers and standard station wagons were imported to confuse the issue! :)