TheSamba.com Forums

View original topic: Who's got a wood floor? Page: Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 11, 12, 13
joetiger Wed Feb 28, 2018 10:55 am

MichaelCampingInVA wrote: Did mine...

Now that is cool. I dig the log cabin/sauna vibe. I wish Westfalia would have continued longer with the wood veneer finish, or at least made it an option for later vans.

WestfaliaMike Wed Feb 28, 2018 2:50 pm

joetiger wrote: MichaelCampingInVA wrote: Did mine...

Now that is cool. I dig the log cabin/sauna vibe. I wish Westfalia would have continued longer with the wood veneer finish, or at least made it an option for later vans.

Thanks joe, I'm pretty happy with it..

SurfaceRust Sat Jul 28, 2018 7:36 pm

Installed this today
Cost $35 for the wood and calk from HD

tjet Fri Apr 24, 2020 4:42 am

Van-go108 wrote:

I really should take some new shots.

I want to do something like this above and below, but I have a couple of questions...

I plan on doing a wood sidewall on the left hand side, along with a panel just aft of the seats like the bay above.

1. Do I do the floor first, then the left side wall? Or should I do the sidewall first?

2. I'd like to use a nice plywood for it. What type and thickness would you recommend?

Thx

ezmass Fri Apr 24, 2020 9:35 am

Installed my wood floor last weekend. I needed 2 x 24sqft boxes (well, 1 box + about 1 plank) for weekender/multivan passenger area. Product is TrafficMaster Teak Luxury Vinyl Plank from HD. Replaced my rear heater core & valve and installed sound dampening while I had the bench out. Turned out nice, kid loves the new "dance floor"

valvecovergasket Fri Apr 24, 2020 12:28 pm

ooh i really like the darker tint of that!

ill throw ours in for posterity

i wanted to float it, but it needed a little bit of screw assistance to really fit perfect, and ended up mounting the fridge slide in through it anyway.
it was a single box of cheap pergo.

tjet Sat Apr 25, 2020 4:17 am

valvecovergasket - that's really nice. It looks bright in there. Is it from the camera flash, or do you have led lights on the ceiling?

I want to do something similar, but put a heater where you have your cooler.

Thanks

tjet Wed Apr 29, 2020 3:32 am

dobryan wrote: I was asked by a sambanite to post how I did the pergo on top of the seat tracks. These pics explain what I did. Basically I made it so I could remove the center section and expose the seat tracks for when I install the single or double seat. The pergo is laid directly on the stock grey floor. The outer two sections are held in place by one flush screw each.

I like how you did the hidden removable panel to expose the seat tracks.

Great idea