TheSamba.com Forums

View original topic: Who's got a wood floor? Page: Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 11, 12, 13  Next
msinabottle Wed Jan 16, 2008 1:02 pm

Thought I'd show you this view of Winston's cab and Pergo floor as taken through his sliding door. The floral seat covers are living dead on borrowed time.

Best!

hiram6 Wed Jan 16, 2008 1:33 pm

I've got Bamboo!!!

Usually keep it covered with the carpet, cause the dogs need traction to jump up on the rear seat. The bamboo can be quite a skating rink for my fuzzy family!!

bucko Wed Jan 16, 2008 1:36 pm

"Add a nice throw-rug and some anti-slip stuff and you're golden! "
Make sure that throw rug has a rubber backing. Hate to see anyone slide on their butt getting out of bed in the morning!

zpoole Fri Jan 18, 2008 5:35 pm

Hiram6 that bamboo is super nice... How much $ does that cost?

Heres the floor i put in... not perfect but nothing is on wendell, plus it was free leftovers from the in-laws.

Score

hiram6 Fri Jan 18, 2008 5:46 pm

zpoole wrote: Hiram6 that bamboo is super nice... How much $ does that cost?

One box from the Home Depot did it. Cost about $30. Not as cheap as free, but still not too bad!! :D

bazzamon Sat Jan 19, 2008 5:30 am

Iam 19 years old & Ihve 'wood' most of the time!!! Baz

ekv Fri Jan 25, 2008 1:59 pm

found just enough bamboo [roughly 19 sq ft] at the local home "re-store" for a couple bucks, picked up some 3/8" ACX ply for an underlayment, used polyurethane construction glue and set it up. works nicely... just need to do the sound deadening material underneath. jump seats to be mounted shortly...

scobax Sat Jan 26, 2008 12:44 pm

danfromsyr,

Any pics of that foam rubber stuff installed?..I like the sound of it.

westylife Mon Mar 03, 2008 12:41 am

westylife Mon Mar 03, 2008 12:44 am

scobax wrote: danfromsyr,

Any pics of that foam rubber stuff installed?..I like the sound of it.

Here is some of that rubber stuff

Tiiconaut Mon Mar 03, 2008 6:52 am

Andrew A. Libby wrote:

Those are wood. :wink:

Pardon the poor photography/JPEG condensation. :oops:

Andrew

:shock: Wow....those look awesome, using nailer or glue? i just finished helping install some genuine wood floors in a new McMansion...........so easy to install its sinfull (using glue) My dad has an old leftover stack of oak flooring (from the 1980's) just begging me to install in my westy but i think its got to be nailed in........i dont want to nail anything on my van, think i could glue it?

TopBud Mon Mar 03, 2008 12:07 pm

anyone have pics with the wood and the rails for the middle seat. My vanagon is a syncro with the rails for the middle set and I was wondering how that would work. I have hardwood floors in my bus. I will post some pics.

zxylon Mon Mar 03, 2008 4:43 pm

Mad-Max wrote: ive got wood took me 2 days because i think someone here said it took one box...well it took 2 for a non westy, so i had to go back to homedepot.

Those jump seats are sweet! Were the mounts previously there? Same with the seats? I'd like to find something like that to mount up the same way. Maybe even make a bench there and have it fold out to but up with the back seat to make one super bed in the back. I comoe up with silly ideas sometimes :b

Matt_Flagstaff Mon Mar 03, 2008 8:42 pm

Some words of advice from someone who just went through the process. I don't have pics (don't know how to post on the site yet), but I have a new teak floor in my 84 westy. Before laying the floor, put down a layer of dampening material (thin foam or rubber mats). This will cut down road noise and give the floor a softer feel. Also, take out the cabinets and run the floor to the wall...give it a better look. Worked well for me. I'll post pics as soon as I learn the ropes. Safe Travels.

slloth Sat Mar 29, 2008 10:57 pm

I finally got wood but I suck at embedding the picture

?Waldo? Sat Mar 29, 2008 11:37 pm

Tiiconaut wrote: Wow....those look awesome, using nailer or glue? i just finished helping install some genuine wood floors in a new McMansion...........so easy to install its sinfull (using glue) My dad has an old leftover stack of oak flooring (from the 1980's) just begging me to install in my westy but i think its got to be nailed in........i dont want to nail anything on my van, think i could glue it?

The herringbone and multi-colored floor were both glued and nailed. The ash w/ cherry border was just nailed.

You could glue real solid wood to a sheet of 3/8" plywood using moisture-cure urethane glue and it would probably hold up ok.

Andrew

Matt_Flagstaff Wed Apr 02, 2008 6:13 pm

Here are some pics of my wood floor and wood paneling

Teak Flooring

This is hand sanded, then coated Birch. It is above the driver seats, rear seats, rear bed, on the slider door, and on the upper trim.

Slider Door Panel

Above the rear seats

Upper paneling above sliding door

Paneling above sink and table[/img][img][/img]

Mad-Max Thu Apr 03, 2008 11:03 am

Quote: Those jump seats are sweet! Were the mounts previously there? Same with the seats?

Carats and weekenders i think came standard with these mounts idk if yours has or not...

TheBlueTurtle Tue May 13, 2008 12:41 pm

danfromsyr wrote: yeah it's fall firewood time.. moves from the pile in the back to the covered part of the deck..

heres my baja last fall doing trailer queen duty.. she's a working girl. :wink:

http://www.thesamba.com/vw/forum/album_page.php?pic_id=269984

I also move a 4x8 (approx 1fc) trailer of wood with my 1980 Turbo Diesel vanagon camper (will try to get photo of that.. )

FUCK YEA that bug is sic

nice wheels/tires

TheBlueTurtle Tue May 13, 2008 12:43 pm

Matt_Flagstaff wrote: Here are some pics of my wood floor and wood paneling

Teak Flooring

This is hand sanded, then coated Birch. It is above the driver seats, rear seats, rear bed, on the slider door, and on the upper trim.

Slider Door Panel

Above the rear seats

Upper paneling above sliding door

Paneling above sink and table[/img][img][/img]

beautiful floor.. reminds me of a boat..

and i like the roof panels.. u dont see that much..