TheSamba.com Forums

View original topic: Today in Ghia hunting history... Page: 1, 2, 3 ... 56, 57, 58  Next
70 140 Wed Oct 11, 2006 6:26 am

Yes I ripped off the idea from the split bus thread. Lets get a post going of ghia's you found and bought; found and parted; found and left; etcetera. Post pics!!

60's - Totaled!

Yeah, it looks like a sapling grew through the rotted out light bucket, then it grew and blew the metal out. Thankfully someone pulled the complete front bumper and put it inside the car!! I nabbed that. The drivers door was ok, but I wasn't up for hiking with it. The rest of the car is shot. Creepy place owned by a creepy lady.

70 140 Wed Oct 11, 2006 6:26 am

60's -Rust belt special

73 - Thrashed and rusted

so far all of mine are junk status. I picked a few goodies and left the rest to increase the mineral counts in the area.

dmercer Wed Oct 11, 2006 7:31 am

I got this crusty but mostly complete May, 1958 coupe for $300. Original 36HP/transaxle and interior (albeit spraypainted black). The nice fellow who I bought it from even delivered it to my garage.

sbpickup Wed Oct 11, 2006 9:30 am

We picked this one up in July for $500.00

We just picked this one up for our 14 year old son. It will be his first car.

We hope to pick this one up for my father before winter.

This one is too far gone. (for us anyway)

70 140 Wed Oct 11, 2006 10:08 am

sbpickup wrote:
We hope to pick this one up for my father before winter.

]

Jeez there is some treasures in that barn!

cinharding Wed Oct 11, 2006 10:13 am

They certainly are! :)

kingkarmann Wed Oct 11, 2006 10:45 am

60's Vert. Just needs a little work.....

71 fixer upper

My 67 parts complete less engine.used for my other 67. I got her for $200. She was in much worse shape than the photo would suggest

After the harvest. On her way to becoming an appliance , or (shudder) a Honda. May her soul rest in piece.

Gary Wed Oct 11, 2006 11:26 am

Just look in my Gallery. 'nuff said 8)

SkrapMetal Tue Dec 19, 2006 9:52 pm

This 'half a ghia' rests in northeast Texas, on the side of US-59

crukab Thu Jan 04, 2007 6:12 pm

Spotted this 'Vert on a farm here in VT. Pretty waisted, and NO the rack is'nt available......... :twisted:

JeffL Sun Jan 07, 2007 9:18 pm

Anyone seen this early Ghia Vert in Mass about to be crushed? There has to be a couple of parts to salvage.

[/list]

70 140 Mon Jan 08, 2007 7:03 am

crukab wrote: Spotted this 'Vert on a farm here in VT. Pretty waisted, and NO the rack is'nt available......... :twisted:

JeffL wrote: Anyone seen this early Ghia Vert in Mass about to be crushed? There has to be a couple of parts to salvage.

[/list]

Sad :(

LAYGO Tue Jan 09, 2007 10:05 am

Click the links for larger images, but all from my cell phone.

Solid nose! No major dents anywhere.

http://www.dethkorps.com/vw/67Ghia/070107-01-67Ghia-front.jpg

Some rust is starting to get in there & the doo-doo brown 2 tone paint job. Minor dent on the decklid.

http://www.dethkorps.com/vw/67Ghia/070107-02-67Ghia-rear.jpg

Cobwebs, but solid engine & clean looking gas filter (even though some ya'll hate em). Minor hole right under battery.

http://www.dethkorps.com/vw/67Ghia/070107-03-67Ghia-engine.jpg

aah57 Fri Jan 12, 2007 8:34 pm

JeffL wrote: Anyone seen this early Ghia Vert in Mass about to be crushed? There has to be a couple of parts to salvage.

[/list]

That's a low light vert!!!! Get that shit!! I wish I was closer.

58lolight Sat Jan 13, 2007 7:21 pm

I am going there tomorrow to see if I can buy the car!
I am hoping there will be someone there to talk to.
Wish me luck!!!!!!!

RICH

Wiggy Sat Jan 13, 2007 7:29 pm

Good luck. I was thinking of doing the same, but I'm just too damn busy to get up there. Let us know how you make out!

58lolight Sat Jan 13, 2007 7:36 pm

I am only a half hour south of the boneyard. Even if the car is a complete loss I see parts in the pics that I need for my 56 coupe. Should be a great treasure hunt!!!!!!!!

RICH

joe comfort Mon Jan 15, 2007 1:43 pm

58lowlight, did you pull that vert out? Post some pics!

58lolight Mon Jan 15, 2007 5:18 pm

The yard was closed on Sunday but I called them today. They are selling off or crushing all of the cars in inventory in the next two months. My friend who is a Mustang nut is going up Wednesday to look around and scout the car for me. If it looks good he will slap it on a trailer and bring it to me. If he dosent take his trailer I will arrange to get it all or parts on Saturday as its the soonest I can get there..........

Wish me luck.......

RICH

Wiggy Mon Jan 15, 2007 5:21 pm

58lolight wrote: The yard was closed on Sunday but I called them today. They are selling off or crushing all of the cars in inventory in the next two months. My friend who is a Mustang nut is going up Wednesday to look around and scout the car for me. If it looks good he will slap it on a trailer and bring it to me. If he dosent take his trailer I will arrange to get it all or parts on Saturday as its the soonest I can get there..........

Wish me luck.......

RICH

Did they give you a price?