TheSamba.com Forums

View original topic: 1971 original kg coupe interior and exterior colors
hellooonurse Fri May 09, 2003 9:14 am

hi. i'm planning to do a good restoration on my 71. can anyone tell me where i can find some info about what kind of interior color combos a 71 coupe originally came in? right now my 71 has it's original black vinyl seats and panels with salt and pepper "fuzzy" carpet. in 1971 did any of the ghia interiors come in a different color? i plan to paint the exterior an original color as well, possibly silver poly/metallic. any interior color combo for this exterior color? your advice is greatly appreciated. thanks!

[email protected] Fri May 09, 2003 9:35 pm

My 71 came with a stock brown seat cover set. I personally like the stuff at Revolks. ( www.revolks.com ) They have a great site with good graphics and lots of restoration projects that show the whole process with lots of different color combos. The guys happen also to be as cool as any you'll encounter.They will help with any question or problem gladly... which sadly is rare these days.

jason_hamilton Sat May 10, 2003 10:29 am

There were three cloth and three leatherette upholstery colors avaiable in 1971 and thay could be ordered with any exterior color, including L96D silver metallic.
cord black cloth
cord leatherbeige cloth
palisander cord (brown) cloth
black leatherette
palisander (brown) leatherette
leather beige leatherette
The carpets were available in black, salt & pepper or beige.