TheSamba.com Forums
 
  View original topic: Official whine about Beetles and parts for sale topic Page: 1, 2, 3 ... 399, 400, 401  Next
Glenn Sun Oct 29, 2006 4:15 pm

OK... there's simply too many posts complaining about over price cars/parts here. There's a long running topic in the Split Bus forum and we're going to do it here.

Lind wrote: it seems like every other bus that gets listed for sale has someone whining about it, so lets just post all that crap in one topic rather that making a new topic for every one.

Post your stuff here and if you start another topic, I'll delete it.

Whine or comments need to be about the vehicles and not personal attacks on other members or sellers or people pictured in any ads.

It's that simple.

OK... whine away.

dog_jr911 Thu Nov 02, 2006 5:55 pm

my bug costs too much!!!!!!
it cost me 1500 to buy!!!!!
300 to rebuild engine
1000 to paint
600 for clutch and disc brakes

as you can obviously see, it is waay to much for my meager teen salary.

whine complete
returning to normal state
:lol:

Herby Fri Nov 03, 2006 12:12 am

dog_jr911 wrote: my bug costs too much!!!!!!
it cost me 1500 to buy!!!!!
300 to rebuild engine
1000 to paint
600 for clutch and disc brakes

as you can obviously see, it is waay to much for my meager teen salary.

whine complete
returning to normal state
:lol:

Pssh, thats nothing

3,000 for the bug
4000 + engine
god knows how much for the little stuff so far and I'm still a long ways away. But I do love my car

I'd rather not keep receipts and brag like other people do about how much they've spent. Inside, you know they're crying at how much they've spent...like a hot knife through butter :shock: :P

Gary Fri Nov 03, 2006 7:09 am

The ad states "restored" in the first sentence.


Then continues with, "...car has been upgraded to 12V. Features a 1600DP engine with extra deep sump and alternator conversion. Pioneer/JVC/Kenwood CD audio system with 6x9 speakers. Select-a-drop front beam ------"

Herby Fri Nov 03, 2006 9:37 am

Icy wrote: The ad states "restored" in the first sentence.


Then continues with, "...car has been upgraded to 12V. Features a 1600DP engine with extra deep sump and alternator conversion. Pioneer/JVC/Kenwood CD audio system with 6x9 speakers. Select-a-drop front beam ------"

Maybe they left the "custom" part out before restored? :shock: :lol:

boogerbandit04 Fri Nov 03, 2006 6:24 pm

Where the hell did you get it painted for $1000? Im prepin mines now and im trying to get it painted before the years end.

Erik G Tue Nov 14, 2006 6:54 pm

exhibit a:

http://www.thesamba.com/vw/classifieds/detail.php?id=366741

for that price I want a nice steering wheel and a large cash rebate

Erik G Tue Nov 14, 2006 7:00 pm

exhibit B

http://www.thesamba.com/vw/classifieds/detail.php?id=383287

nice car. but good lord that's a lot of money. especially with orange peel around the radio

Alan Willis Thu Nov 16, 2006 8:33 pm

$300 for a "W" decklid??? Its just a piece of stamped sheetmetal!

ScrapJunkie Fri Nov 17, 2006 2:48 pm

Alan Willis wrote: $300 for a "W" decklid??? Its just a piece of stamped sheetmetal!

Well so is a split bug body..

Alan Willis Fri Nov 17, 2006 3:04 pm

How much do those cost?

ScrapJunkie Fri Nov 17, 2006 7:45 pm

Too much for my broke ass.

dog_jr911 Sat Nov 18, 2006 9:50 pm

boogerbandit04 wrote: Where the hell did you get it painted for $1000? Im prepin mines now and im trying to get it painted before the years end.
Where you ask?
well, i painted it myself, did all the body work myself, started from kyrlon green, dropped it to bare metal, and wotked my way up. 3 months later, complete car!!

Glenn Sun Nov 26, 2006 1:32 pm

OK... this is just wrong.

http://www.thesamba.com/vw/classifieds/detail.php?id=278266

MargaritaVillain Wed Nov 29, 2006 12:50 pm

I am sick of the WTB ads. Flame me but why can't they search the ads like the rest of us or atleast have their own category. I saw one in the Oval area where a guy in NC was looking for an oval...
http://www.thesamba.com/vw/classifieds/detail.php?id=345389
http://www.thesamba.com/vw/classifieds/detail.php?id=327311

but there is also this...
http://www.thesamba.com/vw/classifieds/detail.php?id=372129

Good Grief, Charlie Brown!

Harry meet Sally. Sally this is Harry.

Ban the WTB or give them a seperate category and delete the idiots who do not comply. Nothing worse than getting excited about new ads posted when they are all searching and not selling.

P.S. Give the missing persons their own category, too.

Who wants the soapbox next?

renderit Mon Dec 04, 2006 4:44 pm

Glenn wrote: OK... this is just wrong.

http://www.thesamba.com/vw/classifieds/detail.php?id=278266


It's....it's.....it's...beautiful! Must have! I need that parking area....

clarkster75 Fri Dec 08, 2006 9:13 pm

I don't own a bug, so price of anything is not a problem.
Well, I lied a little bit. I am going to see the seller tomorrow about a 63 sunroof, so the crying will begin shortly.
But really, is the cost of parts worse than listening to the old lady..."what are you going to do with that thing in our garage, and when are you going to work on the house..."
A "pan off" is a real good test for a marriage, don't you think? :agrue:

brody Sun Dec 10, 2006 1:28 am

and here it is
http://www.thesamba.com/vw/classifieds/detail.php?id=394960

WTF. for 45000, i really think he could replace the decklid springs, and lose the prop stick.
whats a decklid spring, like 5-10 bucks?

MargaritaVillain Mon Dec 11, 2006 12:47 pm

brody wrote: WTF. for 45000, i really think he could replace the decklid springs, and lose the prop stick.
whats a decklid spring, like 5-10 bucks?

I think if you re-read his ad you will find the answer...
BLEWBYU wrote: "No expense has been spared in itís creation- if I wanted it I bought it"
Obviously that prop stick cost more than the springs. I sure hope he sells it with the car.
I couldn't imagine what a good OG prop stick goes for these days. :lol:

brody Tue Dec 12, 2006 3:47 pm

either that, or he just doesnt like decklid spring. :roll:



Powered by phpBB © 2001, 2005 phpBB Group