TheSamba.com Forums

View original topic: Toy collectors Page: Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 55, 56, 57 ... 62, 63, 64  Next
KaeferModelle Sat Sep 26, 2020 2:05 pm

jack1448 wrote: KaeferModelle wrote: Hello Jack,

all MiniStyles have an original model in 1:1. However, only the black beetle in my photo is a MiniStyle. The purple beetle in the foreground is from Duvi.

Thank you for showing the newspaper clippings. Would you allow me to show the newspaper clippings in my beetle model community?

hi KaeferModelle, Yes - use freely.

By serendipity, I came across a copy of the newspaper while I was doing something completely unrelated! I've attached the full page below.

I didn't realize that one of Alfred's 'Coming and Going' Volkswagen was displayed at the 1974 New York Auto Show in the Coliseum. So maybe this was the inspiration for the MiniStyle toy.

Hi Jack,

it is quite possible that MiniStyle was inspired by Alfred's Beetle.

Thank you for the permission and the complete newspaper article. :)

Friendly regards

Nicki

Blue Baron Sat Sep 26, 2020 2:18 pm

I built this Jolly about 10 years before Schuco's. All I had to work with was one black-and-white photo.

Here it is with its sister Pyro Sunroof Sedan.

Fish Sat Sep 26, 2020 3:44 pm

KaeferModelle wrote: jack1448 wrote: KaeferModelle wrote: Hello Jack,

all MiniStyles have an original model in 1:1. However, only the black beetle in my photo is a MiniStyle. The purple beetle in the foreground is from Duvi.

Thank you for showing the newspaper clippings. Would you allow me to show the newspaper clippings in my beetle model community?

hi KaeferModelle, Yes - use freely.

By serendipity, I came across a copy of the newspaper while I was doing something completely unrelated! I've attached the full page below.

I didn't realize that one of Alfred's 'Coming and Going' Volkswagen was displayed at the 1974 New York Auto Show in the Coliseum. So maybe this was the inspiration for the MiniStyle toy.

Hi Jack,

it is quite possible that MiniStyle was inspired by Alfred's Beetle.

Thank you for the permission and the complete newspaper article. :)

Friendly regards

Nicki
This photo was supposed to be taken in Connecticut and was called push me pull you.
BSQUARE wrote:

KaeferModelle Sat Sep 26, 2020 3:52 pm

The Beetle was a funny idea. :lol: MiniStyle called the model "Bicephale".

KaeferModelle Sat Oct 31, 2020 11:40 pm

Does anyone know if there were other VW buses from Pepe / Jato that had such nice stickers :?:

Blue Baron Sun Nov 01, 2020 6:12 pm

I've never seen one like this.

As KATO models appear to be new releases, this could be something new.

KaeferModelle Mon Nov 02, 2020 2:04 am

The Pepe models are the new version of the Jato models, Blue Baron. I suspect that the bus was produced during the transition phase because the stickers read "Pepe Portugal", but Jato was embossed on the base plate. :D

KaeferModelle Sat Dec 19, 2020 4:32 pm

This is my last new addition.

I wish you all a Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year. :D

Blue Baron Mon Dec 28, 2020 2:57 pm

For Christmas this year I received an original Mego Riddler 8-inch action figure to go with the Mobile Bat Lab. The Caped
Crusader needed to use the Foe Catcher device to place him in custody.

Barny55 Thu Jan 07, 2021 12:40 pm

This is what father Christmas bought me! Ref 4066 ragtop bandai! Rare?

Blue Baron Thu Jan 07, 2021 6:30 pm

Yep, it sure is. That's one that has eluded me lo these many years.

Looks good!

Barny55 Fri Jan 08, 2021 1:25 am

Blue Baron wrote: Yep, it sure is. That's one that has eluded me lo these many years.

Looks good!

Thanks Bluebaron, I'm thinking to change the chromes and wheels for better ones at some point...

Barny55 Fri Jan 08, 2021 1:27 am

One of my favorite... Big size truck with visible engine, other picts / colors anyone? :shock:

Blue Baron Sat Jan 09, 2021 8:28 pm

Barny55 wrote: Blue Baron wrote: Yep, it sure is. That's one that has eluded me lo these many years.

Looks good!

Thanks Bluebaron, I'm thinking to change the chromes and wheels for better ones at some point...

Yes, you can use parts from the more common version of this toy.

Barny55 wrote: One of my favorite... Big size truck with visible engine, other picts / colors anyone? :shock:
The large Bandai is hard to find as a pickup. The bus version came in yellow over red, and red over yellow, so it's entirely possible the pickup was offered in these two combinations as well. Two really good additions to your collection, Barny.

Barny55 Mon Jan 11, 2021 10:52 am

Blue Baron wrote: Barny55 wrote: Blue Baron wrote: Yep, it sure is. That's one that has eluded me lo these many years.

Looks good!

Yes, you can use parts from the more common version of this toy.

Barny55 wrote: One of my favorite... Big size truck with visible engine, other picts / colors anyone? :shock:
The large Bandai is hard to find as a pickup. The bus version came in yellow over red, and red over yellow, so it's entirely possible the pickup was offered in these two combinations as well. Two really good additions to your collection, Barny.

+ pink over white and orange over cream, saw a blue over white as well

Blue Baron Tue Jan 12, 2021 10:02 am

Vintage Amloid car carrier with Amloid VWs, made in USA.

jack1448 Wed Jan 13, 2021 2:40 pm

Cool! Did you add the VW sticker?

Blue Baron Wed Jan 13, 2021 11:01 pm

Yes. The toy was never played with, but needed a little something extra.

Blauchen L331 Fri Jan 15, 2021 3:49 pm

Blue Baron wrote: Vintage Amloid car carrier with Amloid VWs, made in USA.

Really cool set, nice addition of the VW decal. :)

Tom

banana split Sun Jan 17, 2021 3:43 pm

I picked up one of these rare Bandai rag top Beetles about a year ago. Overall it was pretty nice - just covered in dust and grime. Unfortunately it was missing the rear window and antenna. I searched for some time until I could find an affordable donor car so I could combine the two and give this one a cosmetic restoration. Well mission finally accomplished.

I pulled my donor car apart and cleaned up the antenna, rear window and 2 hub caps. Next task was to dismantle the sunroof car. I've done many of these in the past and I always hate trying to get at all of the tabs that hold the chassis to the body. The 4 in the fenderwells are always tough to get at.

Cleaning parts in the sink :

Chassis got a good cleaning as well. They are always caked with dust, lint, hair - you name it. I used a paint brush and compressed air to start with and then it too got a soapy bath (avoiding the electrical motor) :

Now it's the body's turn :

3 hours later it has been waxed, a few small dents pressed out, chrome cleaned with fine steel wool and donor parts added :

Now to make room for it in the toy cabinet.