TheSamba.com Forums

View original topic: "What wheels fit?" The ultimate wheel post. Page: Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 157, 158, 159  Next
Christopher Schimke Sun Dec 10, 2006 11:01 am

mattography wrote: i was thinking of takeing the phone dials off my rabbit and putting those on my van. has anyone put dials on there vanagon?

No information, just a picture.

r39o Sun Dec 10, 2006 12:03 pm

loogy wrote: mattography wrote: i was thinking of takeing the phone dials off my rabbit and putting those on my van. has anyone put dials on there vanagon?
You gonna need adaptors any way you slice it for those.

mattography Sun Dec 10, 2006 6:44 pm

loogy wrote: mattography wrote: i was thinking of takeing the phone dials off my rabbit and putting those on my van. has anyone put dials on there vanagon?

No information, just a picture.

thanks for that pick. the dials look much sharper on my rabbit i think

Crankey Thu Dec 14, 2006 10:29 pm

bump :lol:
hey...haven't been here is a while...was thinking of selling but it's not happening. now I'm thinking I need tires so it's a good time to think about rims too 8)

one issue I don't see mentioned that the guy I bought my rig from is weight rating. vanagons I guess are pritty heavy...I think my Doka is somewhat over a ton. this guy bought Dokas and parts from Germany and had them imported. I'd hunt on German ebay for rims and send him a link...first thing he's say was 'what's the weight rating' of course I had no idea.

anyway...I'm looking at these on ebay
http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/16-x7-4-New-Rage-Co...0067803332

16 x7 *4-New! Rage Coda Wheels 5x112 5x120 ET 40 (seller also has the same rim w/ an ET of 20)

I really want something with a deep lip (within daily driving practicality)

the same seller has some replica AMG rims w/ bolts around the edge that look cool too...I'm on the fence. I'm also thinking damn they're so cheap, are they made well ? are they strong enough ?

what do you guys think ? this seller was pointed out earlier in this thread.

also, what's a good all weather 'sporty' tire in a 205 or 215/55/16 ?

I just orderd the SA grill package (with full width lower grill) from Tiico and I have H&R springs to install sometime too. I don't want to ruin the truckin' abilities of my rig, but I do want a little more cool factor. those of you with shorter sidewall tyres, how's your ride ? I was thinking of running Bilstiens when I get the springs installed.

thanks for bringing up the topic again :)

0to60in6min Fri Dec 15, 2006 9:32 am

I use this "Old Style" Mercedes rims. Theyfit right in, no modification, no special lugs.

rim size: 14x6.5

tire size: 205/70/14 (load index 99)

http://www.thesamba.com/vw/forum/album_page.php?pic_id=321254[/img]

joetiger Fri Dec 15, 2006 10:13 am

Crankey wrote: bump :lol:
hey...haven't been here is a while...was thinking of selling but it's not happening. now I'm thinking I need tires so it's a good time to think about rims too 8)

one issue I don't see mentioned that the guy I bought my rig from is weight rating. vanagons I guess are pritty heavy...I think my Doka is somewhat over a ton. this guy bought Dokas and parts from Germany and had them imported. I'd hunt on German ebay for rims and send him a link...first thing he's say was 'what's the weight rating' of course I had no idea.

anyway...I'm looking at these on ebay
http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/16-x7-4-New-Rage-Co...0067803332

16 x7 *4-New! Rage Coda Wheels 5x112 5x120 ET 40 (seller also has the same rim w/ an ET of 20)

I really want something with a deep lip (within daily driving practicality)

the same seller has some replica AMG rims w/ bolts around the edge that look cool too...I'm on the fence. I'm also thinking damn they're so cheap, are they made well ? are they strong enough ?

what do you guys think ? this seller was pointed out earlier in this thread.

also, what's a good all weather 'sporty' tire in a 205 or 215/55/16 ?

I just orderd the SA grill package (with full width lower grill) from Tiico and I have H&R springs to install sometime too. I don't want to ruin the truckin' abilities of my rig, but I do want a little more cool factor. those of you with shorter sidewall tyres, how's your ride ? I was thinking of running Bilstiens when I get the springs installed.

thanks for bringing up the topic again :)

I saw some similar to those on Ebay by the same seller a few weeks ago. I emailed him and called to find out what the center bore was, and got no response. When folks don't respond, I assume they don't want my business!

Joe T.

Crankey Sun Dec 17, 2006 10:50 am

yep I agree, I wrote about the weight rating and no re either. :?

discount tyre handels rage wheels so you could call them. as far as the center bore goes you can have them machined to fit. the bolt holes will probably need bored out too.

I assume whatever mercedes or audi rims I look at need machining.

Bubs Sun Dec 17, 2006 11:41 am

No information here, just some pictures. 16'' Mercedes AMG rims.

Crankey Sun Dec 17, 2006 11:55 am

those look great :)

noganav Sun Dec 17, 2006 3:54 pm

those do look good, what size/kind of tires on those AMGs?

Bubs Sun Dec 17, 2006 4:02 pm

The tires on the AMG's are Falken 225/60/16's. I love the rims, the only problem is that I am missing a center cap on one of them, and I cannot find a new one.

Some more pictures:

Shameless plug: Ha! I re-created my van using a Vanagon model an online friend of mine produced for the game Carmageddon 2.

Too much fun posting pictures...I'll stop now. :P

type3_in_ga Sun Dec 17, 2006 6:06 pm

AMG's? Did someone ask about those? Well let's see...

Bubs Mon Dec 18, 2006 12:51 pm

type3_in_ga wrote: AMG's? Did someone ask about those? Well let's see...

Very, very sharp Vanagon, in my favorite Vanagon color as well. Pretty much your Van is a newer version of mine along with newer AMGs. :D

Bus on the Rock Mon Dec 18, 2006 2:05 pm

My 91 Double-Cab on Iltis wheels and tires.....

Had to grind a little off of the lip on the rear control arm. Other than that, it was a tight fit, but it fit!!! (and it actually rides better!!)

mordeaux Wed Dec 27, 2006 2:48 pm

Hey now. Does anyone have these wheels on their Vanagon? I'd love for some clever dickey to create a small java app that would let us see various wheels "installed" on our vans. That would be cool.

b42l0ng Wed Dec 27, 2006 6:24 pm

South African "Rhein" wheels -Highly recommended :lol:
[/img]

mordeaux Wed Dec 27, 2006 8:10 pm

Oh. I meant to ask if anyone has these wheels installed could they post some pix?

whip618 Thu Dec 28, 2006 12:32 am

Lotsa nice wheels available out there but I think the Rhein Alloy is still the best looking on a Vanagon.

Phil

erhoads Sat Dec 30, 2006 10:46 pm

[img]http://webmail.centurytel.net/webmail/email/mailusers/000ADAB3-3DF6-124C-BD49010E0A0AD036/bgrace000_attachments/100-0056_IMG.JPG
Here is my 87 Westy fresh from the body shop after a nasty wreck caused by a front wheel blowout at 55. this side took on a guard rail.It got new wolfram grey paint all around and I used the 8 hole alloys from a 98 benz sedan, 15 by 7 with a offset of 37. I used 15 mm spacers up front with lug bolts from the "tunerlugs" store on ebay. 14mm with a 1 and 1/2 inch threaded length. no spacer in back, I used 35mm studs 14mm with a knurl of 14.94mm and a 10.5mm shoulder from "empi" I need to get tires next as the wheels came with car tires and they feel a bit mushy. Thanks to all for the tech support in my process.[/img]

erhoads Sat Dec 30, 2006 10:50 pm

ok so why didnt my picture show up after following the posting instructions? any help for a newbie?