TheSamba.com Forums

View original topic: reverse light switch?
69squared Thu Oct 17, 2002 5:25 pm

hey maybe you all could help me out...ive got some reverse lights i want to wire up to my 69 square, they were missing them when i got the car, and like most other things that were removed from the car, there isnt a trace of them left,all the reverse light wiring was torn out...i cant seem to find that pesky reverse light switch..can someone help me out? thanks.

- Jason

[email protected] Thu Oct 17, 2002 7:07 pm

If you have an automatic, the switch is located under the shifter cover, there are two pieces to the switch One is mounted on the pan and the other is mounted to the shifter There are two sets of contacts one set is for the reverse lights and the other is for the neutral saftey switch. Fish

69squared Thu Oct 17, 2002 8:21 pm

i have a manual transmission, thanks anyway Fish

Erik G Thu Oct 17, 2002 8:46 pm

there is a switch on the tranny, I think It is on the front side near the gear selector. should have two little spade connections, for your two wires (+) to each light.

Where did you get the square? care to describe it? -SAC ERIK

69squared Thu Oct 17, 2002 9:23 pm

i found it out in a field..it sat for 6 months after the PO decided to park it and drive something else...it was in decent condition when i found it slammed on porsche cromies, but the inteior was in shambles, some spots of rust, minor body damage, faded paint job, etc..pretty much what you would expect from a neglected car, but it was complete for the most part. ive been slowly bringing it back to life after getting it running good again, right now its just about all primered up with some empi 8 spoke wanna be's, awaiting a paint job. its got the stock 1600 with dual webbers, but im looking to drop a 1914cc in it next spring. you from sac erik? what do you drive?

Erik G Fri Oct 18, 2002 12:52 am

yah, I'm from SAC, check out http://vintage_wurks.tripod.com/
I'm trying to get all the sac v-dubs on a site in the future. the black one is what I got right now.

the reason I asked is my 69 square was jacked about a year ago. sound like mine? Slammed on porsche rivi's, dark brown rear seat, drivers side tan lowback, origanally beige, volvo roofrack, bad trans. no motor. no dash pad. purple reverse lights not hooked up? If it is the same car, I don't really want it back or anything, that car has a horrible history, just wondering who had it, what dmv said, It wasn't ever registered in my name (long story) oh well, I diddn't pay much for it, and like I said, BAD HISTORY of a car. Peace -SAC ERIK

69squared Fri Oct 18, 2002 11:26 pm

ouch..that sucks, sounds kinda similar to my car, but i dont think my car was the one you lost...i knew the dude i bought it off of, he drove it his last year of high school in like 97, and ive had the car for over a year, never any registration problems or anything, and the seats are different, ive got grey honda prelude's in mine, and no roof rack, tranny seems pretty sound, as does the motor. have any pics of it that you can post? id like to see it

- jason