TheSamba.com Forums

View original topic: Looking for a painter in San Diego
[email protected] Fri May 16, 2003 5:04 pm

I own a 78 conv bug and looking to have it painted it's original color. Can anyone recommend a good painter?

Thanks,

Bobbie

RareAir Fri May 16, 2003 7:22 pm

Hey Bobbie,
We can paint your car. Email me for details or for a time to check out your car. I'm located next to Qualcomm Stadium. Check the gallery section of this web site if you'd like to see some current projects we've been working on

[email protected] Sun May 18, 2003 11:05 am

Hi,

Thanks for the reply. I viewed your pics, WOW! You guys maybe way out of my league!! Is there a number that I can reach you at to set up a day/time for you to look at my car? Well, before you answer that this is the scoop. I got an estimate on Friday afternoon "Sacios" off of MiraMar Rd. $4,000/4 weeks of work. I have "slight rusting spots" on the exterior and interior, but my floor pans are in excellent condition. I would need new rubber seals around the front window and new running boards. I would want new chrome trim (just because it will look better with a new paint job.) I know that the costs of these items are insignificant, compared to the actual job.

She's very mechanically sound (I'm the third owner and have all the records) and very well taken care of in that respect.

Two years ago she got a BAD paint job and I don't want the guy that was responsible to touch my car again... he made quite a mess of things. It took him 2 paint jobs to match the original color and he still dosen't have it right.

Are you still interested? If so, please leave me your number at [email protected]

Thanks,

Bobbie

c.davis419 Sun May 18, 2003 3:27 pm

Hey Glenn,
This is Chris with your old 60 ragtop. Do you still have that trailer that I brought it home on? I'm very interested in you possibly painting it for me. I've got the car stripped completely to the bare shell and am ready to seperate the body from the pan. I'd like to talk to you about this. Please email me back. Thanks, Chris

RareAir Sun May 18, 2003 7:03 pm

Hey Chris,
Sorry I sold off that trailer last year to a couple of guys that needed to use it to get their motorcycle to & from the race tracks. As for painting your car, just give me a call or email me & I'll be more than happy to talk to you about it.