TheSamba.com Forums
 
  View original topic: Official whine about Ovals and Oval parts thread Page: Previous  1, 2, 3, ... 145, 146, 147  Next
RareAir Sat Mar 17, 2007 1:35 pm

53 0val wrote: Covered in another Forum, but still an out-of-control price.

http://www.thesamba.com/vw/classifieds/detail.php?id=429474

I was able to obtain the Volmac folding shifter from that seller 8) for a fair price.

pink kitty Sat Mar 17, 2007 5:40 pm

take a look at this ad: http://www.thesamba.com/vw/classifieds/detail.php?id=430854

what the heck is original? not the paint or color. not the interior. not the wheels. not the engine or drivetrain. not the fender. not the hood. not the doors. not the decklid. not the headlights. not the rear apron. not the radio. maybe it's just the pan that is left original :? maybe :?:

Yustrn Sat Mar 17, 2007 5:52 pm

Welcome to Sacramento, Ca! (that's all that needs to be said)

53 0val Sat Mar 17, 2007 9:51 pm

RareAir wrote: 53 0val wrote: Covered in another Forum, but still an out-of-control price.

http://www.thesamba.com/vw/classifieds/detail.php?id=429474

I was able to obtain the Volmac folding shifter from that seller 8) for a fair price.

His other ads are spot on, but he's on drugs if he thinks he can sell that POS for anywhere near that price. :roll:

53 0val Sat Mar 17, 2007 9:53 pm

pink kitty wrote: take a look at this ad: http://www.thesamba.com/vw/classifieds/detail.php?id=430854

what the heck is original? not the paint or color. not the interior. not the wheels. not the engine or drivetrain. not the fender. not the hood. not the doors. not the decklid. not the headlights. not the rear apron. not the radio. maybe it's just the pan that is left original :? maybe :?:

Bet you can get the mirror cheap. :wink:

52HoffmanSplit Sun Mar 18, 2007 6:16 pm

Manzaa wrote: http://www.thesamba.com/vw/classifieds/detail.php?id=430582

Man these Guys never stop!!! :roll:

Branfreshfinds... he sells on Ebay also.. sometimes his prices make sense.. sometimes.. it appear he has been smoking rock for a week before he posts his ads. Not sure which it is.. or could be both. I could have picked up a set of these at the Copperstate that were in excellemt restored condition for 450.00 .... but I dont have the car to put em on.

johnshenry Tue Mar 20, 2007 6:19 pm

http://www.thesamba.com/vw/classifieds/detail.php?id=432327

They keep coming.......

52HoffmanSplit Tue Mar 20, 2007 8:08 pm

johnshenry wrote: http://www.thesamba.com/vw/classifieds/detail.php?id=432327

They keep coming.......

A $50.00 boden tube bracket.... DAMN..... that shit better be platinum dipped under that crusty paint..... what the hell are people thinking?

RareAir Tue Mar 20, 2007 9:24 pm

johnshenry wrote: http://www.thesamba.com/vw/classifieds/detail.php?id=432327

Click the sellers other ads. Seems $50 is the magic number for his parts

Robs '52s Fri Mar 30, 2007 9:47 am

The best deal i've seen all week.

http://www.thesamba.com/vw/classifieds/detail.php?id=436445

Manzaa Fri Mar 30, 2007 10:23 am

don't they make meth up there in Placerville? well the cool thing about the oval is it has a 3 in 1 gauge w/ the sender , but not 15,000 cool. :roll:

Riff Raff Fri Mar 30, 2007 10:51 am

That is a nice looking unit. Nicely preserved, original and complete.
Now, if the asking price was around 1/3 what it is, it would be much closer to reality.

53 0val Fri Mar 30, 2007 1:26 pm

Riff Raff wrote: That is a nice looking unit. Nicely preserved, original and complete.
Now, if the asking price was around 1/3 what it is, it would be much closer to reality.

'57s are a dime a dozen. :wink:

EverettB Fri Mar 30, 2007 5:57 pm

splitrob wrote: The best deal i've seen all week.

http://www.thesamba.com/vw/classifieds/detail.php?id=436445
There was a car like that in Phoenix recently. A bit worse condition but ran and drove. It was around $3000.

Riff Raff Fri Mar 30, 2007 7:22 pm

I tend to think in Canadian dollars and Canadian prices. Up here, an asking price of $5K would be a bit high, but not laughable (like $15K)
And yes, 56's and 57's have the dubious distinction of being the over supplied fat chicks of the oval world :oops:

steven wood Sat Mar 31, 2007 4:28 pm

Maybe the tractor and the land is included in the sale? :lol:

joe h. Fri Apr 06, 2007 9:37 pm

Crack smoker! :roll:

http://www.thesamba.com/vw/classifieds/detail.php?id=438435k

bugman1955 Fri Apr 20, 2007 11:08 pm

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/Rare-Judson-Electro...dZViewItem

Rare Judson Electronic Magneto Coil NOS 1932 Hot Rod - $325 :lol:

John Moxon Fri Apr 20, 2007 11:30 pm

bugman1955 wrote: http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/Rare-Judson-Electro...dZViewItem

Rare Judson Electronic Magneto Coil NOS 1932 Hot Rod - $325 :lol:

There's only one thing rare about that Magneto...the price :!: :roll:

Edit: The ironic thing about the description, "Impossible to find NOS" is that in the same week there have appeared 2 other NOS Magnetos in infinately better condition. They also have reasonable starting prices and have attracted a healthy number of bids.

So much for the 2 minute research job on deciding a start price. :?

Wiggy Wed Apr 25, 2007 5:28 pm

I know its not an oval but DAMN!

http://www.thesamba.com/vw/classifieds/detail.php?id=444995

For $35k I don't even get a nice muffler?



I guess it doesn't get cold down there?



Powered by phpBB © 2001, 2005 phpBB Group