TheSamba.com Forums
 
  View original topic: Official whine about Ovals and Oval parts thread Page: Previous  1, 2, 3 ... , 146, 147, 148  Next
don1357 Thu Apr 29, 2021 5:23 pm

mark flinchbaugh wrote: Rust buckets for $7k - $17k ?!? scary... Iím still pissed at myself for passing up on a beautiful Ď57 for $11,500 10 years ago ...
I think it was 2005 that I passed on a fully restored 21-window because it was something like $15k, crazy money.

This is what $15k would buy me now:

https://www.thesamba.com/vw/classifieds/detail.php?id=2432945

EverettB Thu Apr 29, 2021 10:33 pm

don1357 wrote: mark flinchbaugh wrote: Rust buckets for $7k - $17k ?!? scary... Iím still pissed at myself for passing up on a beautiful Ď57 for $11,500 10 years ago ...
I think it was 2005 that I passed on a fully restored 21-window because it was something like $15k, crazy money.

This is what $15k would buy me now:

https://www.thesamba.com/vw/classifieds/detail.php?id=2432945

In 2005 that doesn't seem crazy to me for a restored 21.
I sold a 23-Window for $15K in early 2007. Solid AZ Bus but needed a full restoration (and got one from the new owner)

don1357 Fri Apr 30, 2021 10:48 am

EverettB wrote: don1357 wrote: mark flinchbaugh wrote: Rust buckets for $7k - $17k ?!? scary... Iím still pissed at myself for passing up on a beautiful Ď57 for $11,500 10 years ago ...
I think it was 2005 that I passed on a fully restored 21-window because it was something like $15k, crazy money.

This is what $15k would buy me now:

https://www.thesamba.com/vw/classifieds/detail.php?id=2432945

In 2005 that doesn't seem crazy to me for a restored 21.
I sold a 23-Window for $15K in early 2007. Solid AZ Bus but needed a full restoration (and got one from the new owner)

It could have been a year or two before 2005 but it was just as they got a bump in valuation. At the time I felt the market was getting too hot, hindsight being 20/20 well, it wasn't :\

gimmesomeshelter Wed May 05, 2021 7:49 pm

16 blade fan. Only $195 (plus shipping).

https://www.thesamba.com/vw/classifieds/detail.php?id=2408656

Cheers,

Paul

OvalinAz Fri May 07, 2021 9:05 am

https://www.thesamba.com/vw/classifieds/detail.php?id=2470376

That rag graft is Savage

CorvallisKevin Wed May 12, 2021 10:17 am

Not sure if this one was posted yet. Also not sure in which forum these Super Ovals should go.

https://eugene.craigslist.org/cto/d/eugene-vw-beetle-bug-price-reduced/7308616332.html

consvws Wed May 12, 2021 10:48 am

CorvallisKevin wrote: Not sure if this one was posted yet. Also not sure in which forum these Super Ovals should go.

https://eugene.craigslist.org/cto/d/eugene-vw-beetle-bug-price-reduced/7308616332.html

I saw this car in person. The owner at the time wanted to fix it up & I told him it wasn't worth it. I'd cut the roof off & scrap the rest, lol

EverettB Wed May 12, 2021 11:29 am

CorvallisKevin wrote: Not sure if this one was posted yet. Also not sure in which forum these Super Ovals should go.

https://eugene.craigslist.org/cto/d/eugene-vw-beetle-bug-price-reduced/7308616332.html

The Abortions thread? :D

56Cabrio Wed May 12, 2021 11:41 am

EverettB wrote: CorvallisKevin wrote: Not sure if this one was posted yet. Also not sure in which forum these Super Ovals should go.

https://eugene.craigslist.org/cto/d/eugene-vw-beetle-bug-price-reduced/7308616332.html

The Abortions thread? :D
maybe the entire top is 1957. It was grafted in for the cool oval look. :lol: :lol: :lol:

CorvallisKevin Wed May 12, 2021 12:58 pm

consvws wrote: CorvallisKevin wrote: Not sure if this one was posted yet. Also not sure in which forum these Super Ovals should go.

https://eugene.craigslist.org/cto/d/eugene-vw-beetle-bug-price-reduced/7308616332.html

I saw this car in person. The owner at the time wanted to fix it up & I told him it wasn't worth it. I'd cut the roof off & scrap the rest, lol

Were you the guy that told him the roof is worth $1900? :lol: (j/k)

EverettB wrote: CorvallisKevin wrote: Not sure if this one was posted yet. Also not sure in which forum these Super Ovals should go.

https://eugene.craigslist.org/cto/d/eugene-vw-beetle-bug-price-reduced/7308616332.html

The Abortions thread? :D

Is this official now? And will the file storage be large enough to include every Baja Bug ever made? :lol:

Just remember folks: gas flaps and extended hoods were an improvement over the original design.

hazetguy Thu May 20, 2021 7:04 am

https://www.thesamba.com/vw/classifieds/detail.php?id=2472930

Workshop Manual. 1952-1957 Price: 625.00

Hard to find Workshop Manual for Volkswagon Types 11, 15 and 15
Brand new, out of package but NEVER USED
Price includes shipping to US locations only


a smith Thu May 20, 2021 9:12 am

hazetguy wrote: https://www.thesamba.com/vw/classifieds/detail.php?id=2472930

Workshop Manual. 1952-1957 Price: 625.00

Hard to find Workshop Manual for Volkswagon Types 11, 15 and 15
Brand new, out of package but NEVER USED
Price includes shipping to US locations only





Is there $500 in cash distributed among the pages?

EverettB Thu May 20, 2021 12:51 pm

I saw that ad and I was like wait, isn't that a reproduction manual?

I was seriously confused because of the price

Volksvr6gti Thu May 20, 2021 7:33 pm

lol I messaged that guy and asked if that manual was super rare and I could offer him $550. his response "Yes that is acceptable." lol I then sent a second message to stop ripping people off and advised thats a 125$ manual.

latinporsche911 Mon May 24, 2021 3:24 pm

https://www.thesamba.com/vw/classifieds/detail.php?id=2474156

"Everything on the body but the fenders are original for 1953."

Forgot to include the hood as non original

mandraks Tue May 25, 2021 1:06 pm

latinporsche911 wrote: https://www.thesamba.com/vw/classifieds/detail.php?id=2474156

"Everything on the body but the fenders are original for 1953."

Forgot to include the hood as non original

that sounds like a fair bit of money for a 53 on a 56 pan with other later parts. it is not even a sunroof car.

CorvallisKevin Wed May 26, 2021 11:06 am

No pan, no title, needs complete resto for only $6000??! What a deal!! :lol:

https://portland.craigslist.org/nco/pts/d/klamath-falls-1956-vw-beetle-volkswagen/7327391181.html

oakman Thu May 27, 2021 11:09 am

Saturn Yellow? Who comes up with this shit!? :lol:

https://www.thesamba.com/vw/classifieds/detail.php?id=2474493

Jacks Thu May 27, 2021 9:08 pm

Perfect for cruising Uranus =; =; =;

a smith Fri May 28, 2021 7:40 am

oakman wrote: Saturn Yellow? Who comes up with this shit!? :lol:

https://www.thesamba.com/vw/classifieds/detail.php?id=2474493


Going by the finish quality I'm guessing Earl Scheib called it Saturn yellow.......



Powered by phpBB © 2001, 2005 phpBB Group