TheSamba.com Forums

View original topic: Official whine/discussion about Split cars/parts for sale Page: Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 155, 156, 157  Next
Ninamashr Fri Jan 11, 2008 3:07 pm

I don't know splits too well but :shock:

http://www.thesamba.com/vw/classifieds/detail.php?id=553912

I think you can buy a complete and correct cloth interior for that price!!

Wiggy Tue Jan 15, 2008 7:39 pm

Don't believe the pipe!

http://www.thesamba.com/vw/classifieds/detail.php?id=554755

HeSa Sun Jan 27, 2008 5:32 pm

Wiggy wrote: Don't believe the pipe!

http://www.thesamba.com/vw/classifieds/detail.php?id=554755

Que? :?

Wiggy Sun Jan 27, 2008 7:24 pm

$1,000 for a piece of chrome trim?

Put it down.

HeSa Mon Jan 28, 2008 10:53 am

Wiggy wrote: $1,000 for a piece of chrome trim?

Put it down.

Seems you do not recognize the part. It is aluminium not chrome and Split Deluxe only trim. The only one I have seen for sale during the past 6 years.

However thank you for your attempts on behalf of all potential buyers. Unfortunately you were late as the molding is sold and on itīs way to the States to a future show winner restoration project. IMHO much better investment than some top USD accessory. But it is true that it requires expertise and devotion to originality to put money in parts that can be recognized by only a handfull of professionals.

Wiggy Mon Jan 28, 2008 12:00 pm

HeSa wrote: Wiggy wrote: $1,000 for a piece of chrome trim?

Put it down.

Seems you do not recognize the part. It is aluminium not chrome and Split Deluxe only trim. The only one I have seen for sale during the past 6 years.

However thank you for your attempts on behalf of all potential buyers. Unfortunately you were late as the molding is sold and on itīs way to the States to a future show winner restoration project. IMHO much better investment than some top USD accessory. But it is true that it requires expertise and devotion to originality to put money in parts that can be recognized by only a handfull of professionals.

Whatever, Chief. Sorry for using the word CHROME instead of ALUMINUM.

I'm glad you found a sucker to pay you $1,000 for it.

HeSa Mon Jan 28, 2008 1:00 pm

Wiggy wrote: HeSa wrote: Wiggy wrote: $1,000 for a piece of chrome trim?

Put it down.

Yes I got close to 1,000 USD for it. And it was not even slammed and on earlies. The gentleman who bought it is by no way a sucker. Quite the contrary. He needed the part and has the money. And the ones who make enough for buying what they want are not called suckers in a market economy. Neither those who want and can restore their cars with rare original parts. Or has this changed?

malachai Fri Feb 08, 2008 8:56 am

HeSa wrote: Wiggy wrote: HeSa wrote: Wiggy wrote: $1,000 for a piece of chrome trim?

Put it down.

Yes I got close to 1,000 USD for it. And it was not even slammed and on earlies. The gentleman who bought it is by no way a sucker. Quite the contrary. He needed the part and has the money. And the ones who make enough for buying what they want are not called suckers in a market economy. Neither those who want and can restore their cars with rare original parts. Or has this changed?

touché!

johnshenry Fri Mar 07, 2008 11:46 am

Wiggy wrote: $1,000 for a piece of chrome trim?

Put it down.

http://www.thesamba.com/vw/classifieds/detail.php?id=579944

Looks like the housing market, and the split chrome windshield trim market is down....

Ninamashr Fri Mar 07, 2008 11:52 am

Holy crap! I suppose that payment will be done with unmarked bills. :lol:

HeSa Thu Mar 20, 2008 1:11 pm

I thought Iīd contribute to the misery by posting some pics of Deutsche Demokratische Republic items some times seen for sale in Samba. These are available practically for free in Europe. Some maybe usable (like the metal binders for the rear axle rubber boots) but should not be bought as genuine VW old stock stuff for a high price.

johnshenry Thu Apr 03, 2008 5:07 pm

The $500 gas cap, as only found here on thesamba........

Rich's 50 Thu Apr 03, 2008 8:14 pm

HeSa wrote: Wiggy wrote: HeSa wrote: Wiggy wrote: $1,000 for a piece of chrome trim?

Put it down.

Yes I got close to 1,000 USD for it. And it was not even slammed and on earlies.?

Hey whats that suppose to mean old man :evil: . Wiggy doesnt like slammed or earlies so whats your point :?: Im glad you got top dollar for your parts but dont act like you were not going to hear people whine about it, infact look at what topic's it is in :shock:

Wiggy Fri Apr 04, 2008 4:47 pm

Rich's 50 wrote: HeSa wrote: Wiggy wrote: HeSa wrote: Wiggy wrote: $1,000 for a piece of chrome trim?

Put it down.

Yes I got close to 1,000 USD for it. And it was not even slammed and on earlies.?

Hey whats that suppose to mean old man :evil: . Wiggy doesnt like slammed or earlies so whats your point :?: Im glad you got top dollar for your parts but dont act like you were not going to hear people whine about it, infact look at what topic's it is in :shock:

I actually like slammed on earlies, I just don't roll that way. Yet.

HeSa Fri Apr 11, 2008 1:50 pm

Wrong side of iron curtain warning again. Skoda Octavia horn ring in eboi.de item nr: 320235759739 sold as "Horn ring for Petri Steering wheel VW split beetle Bad : ) wing".

ConcreteBalloon Sun Apr 13, 2008 5:07 pm

http://www.thesamba.com/vw/classifieds/detail.php?id=413605

Whaaaaat?

last time I checked, a reproduction of a horn ring wasn't worth anywhere NEAR $1200...

even an OG one isn't worth that much....

Wiggy Sun Apr 13, 2008 5:16 pm

ConcreteBalloon wrote: even an OG one isn't worth that much....

Please sell me your original one for $1,200. I will take everyone I can get my hands on for that price.......

Wiggy Sun Apr 13, 2008 5:16 pm

ConcreteBalloon wrote: last time I checked, a reproduction of a horn ring wasn't worth anywhere NEAR $1200...

You must have never checked.

ConcreteBalloon Sun Apr 13, 2008 6:45 pm

nope, I haven't, haha.

I just don't think that a reproduction ring should cost $1200!

What do OG rings go for, then?

ConcreteBalloon Sun Apr 13, 2008 6:48 pm

http://www.thesamba.com/vw/classifieds/detail.php?id=578737

that one is nowhere near $1200, and it's original...

OH, I see, it's the batwings that are crazy expensive.

but why? they don't even look all that difficult to make....