TheSamba.com Forums

View original topic: EIS Parts - eisparts - [email protected] Page: Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5
bugpartslou Wed Jul 09, 2014 7:30 pm

Ordered a trans mount and paper heater hoses on July 4, got them today, no complaints here.

808OvalGreasemonkey Fri Jul 11, 2014 12:37 am

The 71' Bus steering wheel I bought has cracked and plastic pieces are falling off of it,nice wheel when new,but do NOT expect it to last more than a couple years.

bugpartslou Sat Jul 12, 2014 4:02 pm

I guess I spoke too soon. The reproduction trans mount body holes were not aligned when drilled and the studs that bolt to the nose cone were not placed properly when bonded to the rubber. This makes it crooked in relationship to the trans when you bolt it on. Awaiting resolution. But the paper heater hoses look good.

bugpartslou Tue Jul 15, 2014 6:17 pm

No response from EIS. Paypal dispute filed.

bugpartslou Mon Jul 21, 2014 2:46 pm

Lesson learned. They wanted me to pay $10 in shipping to get $8 back. See response from EIS:

you ordered this online and this is after market part if you want to buy OE quality part you can buy that as well we have it but if this does not work for you then you can return it and get your refund back, we sell them all the time same part people don't have complain, if you want OE quality then the price goes with it. Return it and we will be happy to give your credit on the part.

I'm out!

70turtle Mon Oct 20, 2014 7:29 pm

I ordered a pair of adjustable tie rods for my Bay Bus.

I received a pair of different brand and size parts. The bags
were torn open. One of the tie rod ends did not even fit the tie rod. I had to find one to finish the install. When I called to complain about it. I was told it was all they had in stock, they
could do nothing about it. No apology, partial discount just
a finger letting me know I was number one.

I really cannot recommend using them as a supplier.

johnR Tue Oct 21, 2014 4:47 pm

Do they send tracking info?

I bought some items online a few days ago and have heard nothing after the initial confirmation email. I'll follow up when I see the parts.

johnR Sat Oct 25, 2014 12:24 pm

I received the tracking info later in the day of my previous post, and received the parts today. They were very well packaged--plenty of foam peanuts and bubble wrap. I looked everything over carefully and it's all good. I'm happy with this order from EIS.

Earthcreatur Tue Dec 30, 2014 12:41 am

I bought fuel pump for a type 4 73 bus. Insufficient fuel delivery - carbs would empty every block or so. Let it idle a few seconds and it would run for another block or so. Used an electric pump, ran fine. EIS pump literally fell apart. Remnant was an effective fuel block-off plate though.

LetsGoCamping Mon Jun 22, 2015 5:34 pm

'68-73 bus steering wheel is terrible quality. Part has cracked in multiple places after only 2 years of being installed. The metal is so cheap that it's now difficult to remove off the column. It looked good arriving but has quickly become one of the worst investments for my bus. Stay away.

ROCKOROD71 Tue Jun 23, 2015 5:55 am

LetsGoCamping wrote: '68-73 bus steering wheel is terrible quality. Part has cracked in multiple places after only 2 years of being installed. The metal is so cheap that it's now difficult to remove off the column. It looked good arriving but has quickly become one of the worst investments for my bus. Stay away.

I think it has been well known for a while now that the re-pop steering wheels available at most big-box parts places (EIS, MAM, Airhead Parts, etc) are garbage. Bug wheels too, they crack in no time compared to the originals. Best to get an original and restore it, or send it off to be restored.

The stuff I've ordered from EIS has all been good so far. Got 2 Mexi- Bosch distributors, one running well in my bug, the other as a spare. Lots of other odds and ends parts with no problems.

Buyers do your due dilligence!

DeluxeBus64 Mon Oct 26, 2020 10:21 pm

Chinese crap. Three weeks in and starts failing, cracking wheels ,hub caps rust super Fast and one thing most of All TOO FREAKING EXPENSIVE. The owner super Rude.