TheSamba.com Forums

View original topic: VW Parts...
VW Addict Tue Jun 17, 2003 7:38 pm

Ok..can I get everyone's input here? I need to order a few hundred dollars in misc engine parts and chrome goodies..I have ordered beofre thru Rocky, Real Source, JC Whitney, and Bugzone.net. I am looking for good products, and another key is the price. I need to know who carries alot, esp if they have a site on the web I could order off of. I am looking for the best bargains at the greatest prices I guess...whats the advice?
Thanks!!!

[email protected] Tue Jun 17, 2003 8:07 pm

CIP1.com

Denise Kern Tue Jun 17, 2003 8:12 pm

aircooled.net

bljones Tue Jun 17, 2003 8:29 pm

either one are good choices... but make sure you know what brand parts you are getting. basically, my experience has been that if you are looking for "good and cheap" parts, you have to make a choice- "good" or "cheap." you ain't gonna get both. aircooled.net generally stocks better quality parts, and also explains why. CIP1 has a great selection, but parts quality is all over the map, in some cases. post a quick list of whatparts you need, and i'll fire back some opinions on suppliers.

chabanais Tue Jun 17, 2003 8:31 pm

"Chrome don't bring it home."

j.pickens Tue Jun 17, 2003 9:36 pm

If you're buying a bunch of stuff all at the same time, CIP1 has "flat rate" $9.95 shipping. This can easily save you 15 or 20 dollars on a large order.

UZI Tue Jun 17, 2003 9:44 pm

my advice is skip the chrome. you'll end up taking it all off eventually.

lenwood Tue Jun 17, 2003 10:29 pm

chrome dont get ya home! chrome is for trailer queens.