TheSamba.com Forums

View original topic: Lazarus: On the road
POS Tue Jul 03, 2007 11:27 am

Hello all;

We head to the Atlantic tomorrow.
Family reunion on the beach. Lazarus has a new motor (van)again.
He is a stock 82 diesel westfalia, proud of his 48 h.p.
Look for us by the side of the backroads of Tennesee.

Peace n'grease
Dave

(alt+p)[/img]

bucko Tue Jul 03, 2007 6:16 pm

Good luck and God speed.

POS Thu Jul 12, 2007 4:52 pm

Hello All:
We safely arrived at Ocean Isle NC, via Charleston. We are settled in at the beach having a ball. Rented a kayak today and enjoying that.
Had a small break down in Clarksville TN, required an overnight in motel.
Treated with great kindness, thanks guys at the Pilot truck repair!!
Working on the 4th of July, welded our broken linkage for gratus.
Ain't America great!!
Saw only one westy vanagon so far, but spoke with the owner at a healthy grocery.
Topped the mountains at 5300 feet, quite a feat for a naturally aspirated diesel 1600cc. Getting 29 mpg.

Peace n'grease
David

DAVEURO Fri Jul 13, 2007 11:35 am

I know Lazarus. We wave everytime you drive by. Have fun on your vacation and get the old man home and get ready for BNWNTA. I am contemplating a swing down table and rooftop camping for the Mystery Machine and we will await your arrival back in CoCoMo. David D. Morgan Street. :vw:

POS Tue Jul 17, 2007 8:18 pm

Well....
We are back home, a few glitches, home safely after about 2500 miles.
Not bad for a 50+male and a 25 year old bus.

It has been fun, crossing the Eastern U.S. at 55 mph. Sorry America for slowing you down.

Oh No, work tomorrow.....

Peace n'grease
Dave

kevinbassplayer Wed Jul 18, 2007 7:26 am

What happened to your gas cap? - Looks like you're set up for a vanagon malatov cocktail!

POS Wed Jul 18, 2007 5:36 pm

Gas cap left somewhere in Indiana!
Missing part installed today.

Saw two bay and two vanagon campers traveling thru the smokies last Sunday. Vanagon pulling trailer with motorbikes, fun.

Dave
[img][/img]

DAVEURO Wed Jul 18, 2007 7:34 pm

I have seen that girl (doing the rain dance onboard the ferry) before and she only drives 55 also. Not the VW. I bet she enjoyed the trip as well as you at that "see it all" pace. BNWNTA OR BUST. DAVE

captainpartytime Wed Jul 18, 2007 8:39 pm

The missing gas cap picture reminded me of my first (1988 GL) vanagon I had in college. I couldn't afford a gas cap so I used an old tube sock for about two and a half years. The knee-highs with the two yellow stripes work the best!