TheSamba.com Forums

View original topic: Rusty Tubs - [email protected]
63 Ripper Mon Jul 30, 2007 1:03 am

I recently bought some wheels from Ric at Rusty Tubs through an advert in the porsche parts section. after many patient e-mails to me with photos of every angle,i called Ric up and agreed a price,including shipping. Ric gave me a couple of days to sort out overseas payment details even though he had another local buyer very interested in the wheels who had offered more money,just after we had made a deal. Ric stuck to his word and arranged the boxing and shipping via USPS and parcelforce. USPS upped the charges when they were at the post office,so rather than leaving them there over the weekend,Ric took them back and let me know. He also paid the extra shipping and did not pass on this expense to me.
After a few worrying days when USPS/Parcelforce could not track the wheels they arrived. They were exactly as described,to my pleasure,and very well packed.
I would like to thank Ric for his service and patience (especially when all seemed lost-literally) and for being a man of ethics.Thanks Rusty Tubs
:D

Letterman7 Wed Jun 16, 2010 12:23 pm

Can't say the same. Called and talked to both Mike and Ric about transporting a car from Florida to PA, they both assured me that it was no issue, gave me a good price and set a time. Days went by with no confirmation; finally called to be told that the truck was in the shop being fixed and they would call when it was on it's way. More time went by, nearing my deadline for having it out of the seller's driveway that I called again requesting an update. Now I find out that they are simply a broker and couldn't find a driver to pick the car up for the price they quoted. Never said anything about their trucks that they supposedly own. Cancelled the order and a half hour later and a few dollars more found and secured the car with another broker. If they had been up front from the get-go, it would have saved me almost two weeks of waiting.

p2602 Mon Oct 04, 2010 6:39 pm

I Talked to Troy at Rusty Tubs and got a quote for transporting a 61' bug from Utah to Indianapolis. We agreed on the price and the car was picked up within two days. It arrived in Indy two days later in good order.. Good communication and great service.....Thanks Troy

pombenz Sun Nov 13, 2011 7:53 pm

wow, these guys know their stuff and don't mess around, I've bought hard to find 356 parts form them as well as gotten several cars from all over the country transported with their help I would highly reccomend them without a doubt.

Gray Oval Tue Nov 13, 2012 8:59 pm

Thank you for the Bosch voltage regulator and prompt mailing. regards - Gary

withman71 Wed Aug 14, 2013 2:32 am

Highly recommended seller!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

xdo Sun Sep 14, 2014 5:01 am

After sending the money asking by this guy's for a kardex on the 53 he sales, and for another car i receive only the copy for the 53, and never receive the other kardex i ask, and never i see my money back...

i think a short visit at this guy's on my next travel is an obligation....

please don't buy or any action with this swindler