TheSamba.com Forums

View original topic: Little-known & rare campervan conversions around the Wor Page: Previous  1, 2
NASkeet Sat Jul 13, 2013 8:00 am

Red Fau Veh wrote: NASkeet wrote:
Sadly, not everyone on the west side of the Atlantic, have heard of Denmark, Finland, Iceland, Norway & Sweden (i.e. Scandinavia), I neber heard of those places bafore, I be from the udder side of de Atlantics Osean, we dumb. :lol:

It's more about North Americans being insular; a relatively small proportion having ever held a passport!

Wasn't it Sarah Palin (sometime governor of Alaska) and onetime vice-presedential candidate, who thought Africa was a country, rather than a continentent which incorporated several countries; many of which form part of the British Commonwealth.

TomWesty Sat Jul 13, 2013 8:29 am

NASkeet wrote: Red Fau Veh wrote: NASkeet wrote:
Sadly, not everyone on the west side of the Atlantic, have heard of Denmark, Finland, Iceland, Norway & Sweden (i.e. Scandinavia), I neber heard of those places bafore, I be from the udder side of de Atlantics Osean, we dumb. :lol:

It's more about North Americans being insular; a relatively small proportion having ever held a passport!

Wasn't it Sarah Palin (sometime governor of Alaska) and onetime vice-presedential candidate, who thought Africa was a country, rather than a continentent which incorporated several countries; many of which form part of the British Commonwealth.
Go insult one of the other former colonies......

Thrasher22 Sat Jul 13, 2013 10:24 am

NASkeet wrote: Red Fau Veh wrote: NASkeet wrote:

Very interesting thread, but for someone who goes out of their way to use such proper grammar and phrasing, you hold a very childish view. Perhaps its time you gave your passport some use?

NASkeet Mon Jul 15, 2013 7:55 am

Thrasher22 wrote: NASkeet wrote: Red Fau Veh wrote: NASkeet wrote:

Very interesting thread, but for someone who goes out of their way to use such proper grammar and phrasing, you hold a very childish view.
Perhaps its time you gave your passport some use?

My passport has seen plenty of use on four continents over the years, including both Canada and the USA.

Red Fau Veh Mon Jul 15, 2013 8:38 am

Wow Nigel, that's alot of traveling, makes me wonder if you are incontinent right now? :lol:

Gustav_t Mon Jul 15, 2013 2:41 pm

I think you misunderstood me. A lot of people do not know Denmark - and thats OK. You might know Maersk? B&O? A lot of americans come to Europe and think of it as a country with states like the US. Its not! But when countries have only 5.5 million inhabitants like Denmark I don´t blame you. A lot of people think Denmark and Sweden is part of a country called Scandinavia. The truth is we have been fighting some of the bloodiest wars with each other since the beginning of time. Today we are friends though (even though Sweden stole 2/3 of our country at the last battle ha ha).

Back to the topic.. I have just found a lot of information on POBA in a 10 page PDF. Brochures and an article from a small vintage car magazine. Can you upload a PDF or link to it here?

G.

busdaddy Mon Jul 15, 2013 3:33 pm

Gustav_t wrote: Back to the topic.. I have just found a lot of information on POBA in a 10 page PDF. Brochures and an article from a small vintage car magazine. Can you upload a PDF or link to it here?
So glad the geography lesson is finished, I paid attention in school and have had a number of friends from Denmark so it was starting to bore me :D

Send a PM to our illustrious and all powerful site administrator EverettB regarding the PDF.

1967250s Mon Jul 15, 2013 4:53 pm

"Was it over when the Germans bombed Pearl harbor?"
Hey, our President has visited 57 states.

NASkeet Sat Jul 27, 2013 8:18 am

Gustav_t wrote: I think you misunderstood me. A lot of people do not know Denmark - and thats OK. You might know Maersk? B&O? A lot of americans come to Europe and think of it as a country with states like the US. Its not! But when countries have only 5.5 million inhabitants like Denmark I don´t blame you. A lot of people think Denmark and Sweden is part of a country called Scandinavia. The truth is we have been fighting some of the bloodiest wars with each other since the beginning of time. Today we are friends though (even though Sweden stole 2/3 of our country at the last battle ha ha).

Back to the topic.. I have just found a lot of information on POBA in a 10 page PDF. Brochures and an article from a small vintage car magazine. Can you upload a PDF or link to it here?

G.

Let us not forget the dispute between Russia and Finland, over the region of Kerrala.

The 10-page PDF about POBA sounds interesting! :D

I don't suppose you've yet come across any similar information about Fixbo? I have e-mailed the Danish Camping Union several times in the past, about the May 1982 article in their "Camping" magazine, but have never received any reply! :cry:

1967250s wrote: "Was it over when the Germans bombed Pearl harbor?"

I think that Hawaii, is still technically British, having been invaded sometime ago, by those dastardly Americans; much as Argentina invaded the Falkland Islands in 1982! :wink:

The Hawaian state flag still retains the British Union flag as part of it; much as other British overseas territories do and some British Commonwealth countries, still loyal to the British Crown.

http://www.hawaiimagazine.com/blogs/hawaii_today/2008/10/21/is_that_the_flag

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Flag_of_Hawaii

EverettB Thu Aug 08, 2013 9:20 am

Gustav_t wrote: Back to the topic.. I have just found a lot of information on POBA in a 10 page PDF. Brochures and an article from a small vintage car magazine. Can you upload a PDF or link to it here?

Here it is:
http://www.thesamba.com/vw/archives/lit/poba.php

Tom Powell Thu Aug 08, 2013 1:51 pm

NASkeet wrote: ... I think that Hawaii, is still technically British, having been invaded sometime ago, by those dastardly Americans; much as Argentina invaded the Falkland Islands in 1982! :wink:

The Hawaian state flag still retains the British Union flag as part of it; much as other British overseas territories do and some British Commonwealth countries, still loyal to the British Crown. ..

Yes it was the British that brought firearms, syphilis and ghonorehhea, measeles and mosquitos, pigs and goats. it was the American business men that put Queen Liluokalani in prison and called in the navy for protection.

When asked an opinion of Captain Cook my reply is "delicious"

Aloha
tp

NASkeet Fri Aug 09, 2013 8:07 am

EverettB wrote: Gustav_t wrote: Back to the topic.. I have just found a lot of information on POBA in a 10 page PDF. Brochures and an article from a small vintage car magazine. Can you upload a PDF or link to it here?

Here it is:

http://www.thesamba.com/vw/archives/lit/poba.php

Well, it was certainly worth waiting for! :)

rickycox Wed Aug 21, 2013 1:13 pm

any chance someone can translate this into English please ?

Conquest Wed Aug 21, 2013 2:11 pm

Gustav_t wrote: ...A lot of americans come to Europe and think of it as a country with states like the US. Its not! ...

With all due respect, I'm calling bullsht. I'm sure there are plenty of Americans that don't understand that Europe is not a country, but I seriously doubt that Americans that actually travel to Europe have that notion. Certainly not "a lot".

(also, isn't that what you guys want, with your EU? lol)

Juancho Wed Aug 21, 2013 2:25 pm

1967250s wrote: "Was it over when the Germans bombed Pearl harbor?"

Mad props for the Animal House reference.

Ricky Bobby: "Are you French?"
Jean Girard: “Oui.”
Ricky Bobby: ”No, we are not French. We are Americans, because we live in America.”