TheSamba.com Forums

View original topic: Roofrack Thread Page: 1, 2, 3 ... 14, 15, 16  Next
DMNCLNR Sun Sep 16, 2007 8:42 pm

Can we possibly do a sticky on roofrack's? I am looking for one for my square and when I started looking for specific info, the search button yielded three pages with a lot of hte same questions.

http://www.thesamba.com/vw/forum/search.php?mode=results
Would just like to see some nice original and home made jobbies, and some tips on how to tell if a rack is specific to a notch, fasty, square, and wether or not they are O.G?

DMNCLNR Sun Sep 16, 2007 8:46 pm

This is the sort of rack I am looking for. Nice wood slats, and it doesn't sit too high off the top of the car!

blankmange Mon Sep 17, 2007 3:14 am

here you go, Dustin...

http://geocities.com/weedzie1/rack/

DONGKG Mon Sep 17, 2007 7:41 am

This is the roofrack of my '66 Fasty.

notchboy Mon Sep 17, 2007 8:43 am

Two types of roof rack that look very close indeed :-s

Pedro rack on mine and Connor on Jimmys.

DONGKG Mon Sep 17, 2007 8:57 am

Both roofracks are looking good. :D

Is the roofrack made by Pedro hallow, especially the main side frames?

notchboy Mon Sep 17, 2007 9:02 am

DONGKG wrote: Both roofracks are looking good. :D

Is the roofrack made by Pedro hallow, especially the main side frames?

Yes.

type3dude Mon Sep 17, 2007 9:55 am

Looks like I stole a sweet one from you then. A little work but it's all mine. And what a travesty, it's going on a fat chick!

Chory Mon Sep 17, 2007 10:16 am

Were those Pedro racks a limited run, or were they a custom order, or where there just a lucky few recipients of a limited edition hobby project?

Those things are SHARP—another 30 years and we'll all be talking about how rare they are, how hard to get, etc...like popout-seals, or a '71 steering column (both of which, I am sure, within 30 years will be readily available).

DMNCLNR Mon Sep 17, 2007 11:21 am

type3dude wrote: Looks like I stole a sweet one from you then. A little work but it's all mine. And what a travesty, it's going on a fat chick!

I had my eye on that for a while, talked to the gu about it before there was even an ad up for it!

Lets see some original racks. The Pedro racks are sweet!

BSQUARE Mon Sep 17, 2007 11:34 am

Here's another short rack on Wilson's levitating Square.
Not sure of the manufacturer, or age.

67stang302 Mon Sep 17, 2007 11:46 am

Nevada's rack on my sqaure going to Woodburn

DMNCLNR Mon Sep 17, 2007 11:52 am

67stang302 wrote:

Nice rack! That is pretty much what I am looking for.. Is it metal slats?

notchboy Mon Sep 17, 2007 1:40 pm

This is Russ's old 65 square with what I think is the best square rack out there. Its a modified Volvo rack. This is of it prior to paint and putting the wooden slats back in.

And this bueaty is a garage sale find. Dosnt it look awsome on my old notch!

67stang302 Mon Sep 17, 2007 3:28 pm

DMNCLNR wrote: 67stang302 wrote:

Nice rack! That is pretty much what I am looking for.. Is it metal slats?

Yea it is metal slats or tubes I should say. I will have Nevada post up the details on the rack

67stang302 Mon Sep 17, 2007 3:30 pm

Here is a rack that was mounted to a Notchback and then I bought it and put it on the sqaureback

Typ311Dave Mon Sep 17, 2007 4:25 pm

Chory wrote: Were those Pedro racks a limited run, or were they a custom order, or where there just a lucky few recipients of a limited edition hobby project?

Those things are SHARP—another 30 years and we'll all be talking about how rare they are, how hard to get, etc...like popout-seals, or a '71 steering column (both of which, I am sure, within 30 years will be readily available).
They were a limited item, but he did post up saying he had some for sale while he was building them....but I'm sure he can make one for you. He also makes the rear deck lid rack for Notch, T34 Ghia, and Fastback.

I still think he needs to have a "Roof Rack by Pedro" or "Pedro Roof Rack" retro style sticker, with his own serial # on it, preferably orange with black lettering in a long oval shape with a border of some sort to place on the rear, port side, looking outward, wood slat.....just a thought!

Mike Fisher Mon Sep 17, 2007 5:35 pm

Hourglass Rack

pedro sainz Mon Sep 17, 2007 8:00 pm

Pedro's Roof Racks Collection STYLE (full) #1

pedro sainz Mon Sep 17, 2007 8:10 pm

Pedro's Collection STYLE (full) #2