TheSamba.com Forums

View original topic: Velvet Green thread Page: Previous  1, 2, 3, ... 12, 13, 14  Next
DubStyle Fri Jan 18, 2008 5:30 am

mike n kimmie wrote: It O.G paint,66 standard.I just keep it clean and waxd,not bad for O.G

Thanks for posting Mike! :shock: That shit looks sick! 8) You need to post that picture over at the house. :wink:

mike n kimmie Fri Jan 18, 2008 7:25 am

Thanks for the nice compliments,Its Mike n Kimmie weve had it 15 yrs always garaged and yes its O.G velvet on our 66 standard.

Vintagespeed Fri Jan 18, 2008 10:20 am

ohh that's such a sweet vg standard. I love it!! :shock:

DubStyle Sat Jan 19, 2008 5:14 am

mike n kimmie wrote: Thanks for the nice compliments,Its Mike n Kimmie weve had it 15 yrs always garaged and yes its O.G velvet on our 66 standard.

I had a serious Brain Fart! Thanks Mike!

Clara Sat Jan 19, 2008 10:04 am

The same bus can look a different shade in different light, or a differnt angle from the light.
I honestly think pictures come out better on overcase days

this shows the color better, but the bus is kinda dirty/dusty, not freshly washed and waxed like the hanging the tent pics above.:

draginwagen Sat Jan 19, 2008 7:30 pm

mike n kimmie wrote:
Thanks for the nice compliments,Its Mike n Kimmie weve had it 15 yrs always garaged and yes its O.G velvet on our 66 standard.

Nice bus. What kind of polisher are you using?

Kevin T Sun Jan 20, 2008 9:16 am

Very true about the light and reflections. I have seen mine look like all of these at different times. You can see big variations in the pic below. The drivers side panel is reflecting asphault and grass differently , at least I can see it on my screen! The front above the headlights is reflecting the morning sky and looks very different than the rest also.

mike n kimmie Sun Jan 20, 2008 12:38 pm

Nice bus. What kind of polisher are you using?

All the polishing has been done by hand,used a light rubbing compound first on the whole bus then just wax it 3 or 4 times a year.

Vintagespeed Sun Jan 20, 2008 2:23 pm

damn what a nice difference with the lowered stance and the sprintstars. Great looking bus

Okie Adam Mon Jan 21, 2008 6:00 pm

RickC Tue Jan 22, 2008 8:30 pm

I think we need to see a few more commercial vehicles in the L512 thread...

BarryL Wed Jan 23, 2008 9:11 am

The color may be off as this picture was taken with a Brownie Starmite camera. This was my frat-house in the fall of '71 or '72. Mine is the velvet/bluewhite. There's a light yellow (barf) '64 missing in the photo. 4 guys 4 busses.

abuspilot Wed Jan 23, 2008 8:11 pm

BarryL wrote: The color may be off as this picture was taken with a Brownie Starmite camera. This was my frat-house in the fall of '71 or '72. Mine is the velvet/bluewhite. There's a light yellow (barf) '64 missing in the photo. 4 guys 4 busses.

Was that a sunroof bus??? Looks cool.

j.pickens Wed Jan 23, 2008 9:37 pm

Looks like a sunroof standard to me.
I can almost smell the weed from here.

campingbox Wed Jan 23, 2008 9:44 pm

j.pickens wrote: Looks like a sunroof standard to me.
I can almost smell the weed from here.

Sounds like your daughter should be grounded John.

BarryL Thu Jan 24, 2008 8:15 am

abuspilot Quote: Was that a sunroof bus??? Looks cool.

Yeah, standard sunroof. The og one blew off one day and stuck on a school-bus' windshield. It was awful. It's the bus in my avatar. Nowadays it sports a thick dull white epoxy coating till I can get back to it. The velvet is still under there.

Clara Quote: this shows the color better

Is that og paint? If so, did VW paint right over the hinge pin covers?

juroknow Fri Jan 25, 2008 4:37 pm

My old Velvet 67 that the previous owner had painted.

iveedubbin Mon Jan 28, 2008 7:06 pm

I'm loving this thread, keep'em coming. :D

big bus mike Mon Jan 28, 2008 8:09 pm

From the Gallery - my friend Pat McCaffery's '65 standard in Rocky Mountain National Park

zozo Tue Jan 29, 2008 1:12 pm