TheSamba.com Forums

View original topic: Velvet Green thread Page: Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 11, 12, 13, 14  Next
velvetgreen Wed Oct 05, 2016 6:33 am

my work in progress- original logo's were covered in primer when i got it- removed the primer to reveal this

BulliBill Wed Oct 05, 2016 6:53 am

BarryL wrote: velvetgreen wrote: - the plumbing of that fuel line looks a bit odd?
It feeds the burner on the heater up front.

If you ever get a chance could you post pics of how the pre-heat air tube is plumbed through the firewall, what the coupler is for, and if the right heaterbox pre-heat outlet is smaller than the paper tube?

That is if you ever get done slobbering over everything else. That rivals, who was it...Mark Merrill's, two velvet Westys.

Hi BarryL,

I don't think it was Mark Merrill. I believe you are thinking of Ross Harmon down in SoCal with the two matching VG SO-42's. Mark M. does have an awesome Pearl White SO-42 which in fact I just borrowed for the Solvang weekend less than two weekends ago. Haven't seen Ross in quite a while, hope he's doing fine! Nice guy!

Bill Bowman

AS350driver Wed Oct 05, 2016 10:25 am

velvetgreen wrote: my work in progress- original logo's were covered in primer when i got it- removed the primer to reveal this

More pics please ! Thank you. You can't just post one and leave us hanging!

zozo Wed Oct 05, 2016 11:04 am

velvetgreen Wed Oct 05, 2016 12:31 pm

ok you asked for it

i have since had the rust cut out and had new metal /paint blended in

zozo Wed Oct 05, 2016 12:53 pm

Gorgeous.

BulliBill Wed Oct 05, 2016 12:59 pm

velvetgreen wrote: ok you asked for it

i have since had the rust cut out and had new metal /paint blended in

Beautiful, love the logos!!! Are those the original painted logos, or repainted and distressed? Very nice!

Bill Bowman

velvetgreen Wed Oct 05, 2016 4:36 pm

them be original logos- no faking the funk for me

the logo's were painted over many moons ago (presumably once it was no longer a laundry truck) - so i had to *carefully* remove that paint without damaging the original logo's underneath. I am happy with the results

mandraks Wed Oct 05, 2016 6:19 pm

velvetgreen wrote: them be original logos- no faking the funk for me

the logo's were painted over many moons ago (presumably once it was no longer a laundry truck) - so i had to *carefully* remove that paint without damaging the original logo's underneath. I am happy with the results

i would be happy too, they look good, and the laundry is really original

Combinations Wed Oct 05, 2016 6:22 pm

What a joyful logo, love it, bravo!

zuggbug Wed Oct 05, 2016 7:05 pm

Wow Michael, that is an awesome bus. Good job on preserving the logos

velvetgreen Wed Oct 05, 2016 8:09 pm

Thanks Paul- the hanging laundry was a deal clincher for me and being a canadian bus (and kombi to boot) made it a no brainer for me

Don66bus Thu Oct 06, 2016 4:59 am

Michael, are you running out of storage space yet? What a classic. How did you find that one?

RHD Notch Thu Oct 06, 2016 6:37 am

Great looking bus...nice save on those awesome logos! They reminded me of the laundry on the line at my grandma's house as kid.

velvetgreen Thu Oct 06, 2016 10:11 am

Thanks for the likes. The laundry line was the clincher for me. The velvet green kombi was just an added bonus. :) Storage is always a challenge just have to be very resourceful and have friends with parking lots/garages that don't drive.

64 ragtop volks Sun Mar 12, 2017 4:00 pm

got my so33 camper kit installed. did a cheap floating floor to add some contrast to the birch. i dont think red/black plaid is right for a 64 so33 but it looks good with velvet green.

AS350driver Sun Mar 12, 2017 4:44 pm

VG 65 Westy.

oakman Sun Mar 12, 2017 10:55 pm

Blue-White/Velvet Green 65':

64 ragtop volks Wed Mar 15, 2017 4:32 pm

thats a cool bus! i really like the 2 tone westys

oakman Wed Mar 15, 2017 5:13 pm

64 ragtop volks wrote: thats a cool bus! i really like the 2 tone westys

Thanks, your new interior looks great! I figured I had to post mine so that the "Velvet Green Subhatch Westfalia Mafia" could represent. :D