TheSamba.com Forums

View original topic: Ghia Location Survey Page: Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 11, 12, 13
KarmannMarco Fri Oct 07, 2011 12:39 pm

1969 Coupe

Livingston TX ( hour north of Houston )

wishing I lived somewere with mountains and with a normal winter and not 110 degree summers....

mechanus Fri Oct 07, 2011 3:36 pm

'70 Coupe
Northwest Houston

DrakeB Fri Oct 07, 2011 5:27 pm

1974 coupé basket case - Currently undergoing reconstructive surgery.
Chuckey, TN,37641 ( Good luck finding it on a map!)

h2odrx Sat Oct 08, 2011 7:21 am

Here is two in eastern NC

LoboMike Sat Oct 08, 2011 12:26 pm

1970 AS Convertible.
Summerfield, NC Just north of Greensboro

djkeev Sun Oct 09, 2011 5:02 am

Stored in a garage in Northern NJ awaiting rebirth. Meanwhile, it is sadly functioning as a shelf! (and a poorly designed shelf at that!! IT IS ALL ANGLES AND SLOPING SURFACES!!!!)

69, all numbers matching, I'm 3rd owner but 2nd owner only covered it with a tarp for 10 years and let it rust!! Originally sold in NJ, original owners still alive and living in the same house they were in when they purchased it in 1969.

Me thinks I need to clean my garage.....NO???? (actually the other half is clean and a fully functioning repair area that has my 74 Super Vert in it. The Ghia side is sloppy storage.

Dave

61 BUS Sun Oct 09, 2011 5:14 pm

Daily (more or less) driver 74 Saturn Yellow coupe in Tucson, Arizona

h2odrx Sun Oct 09, 2011 5:59 pm

I say have a yard sell.......

djkeev wrote: Stored in a garage in Northern NJ awaiting rebirth. Meanwhile, it is sadly functioning as a shelf! (and a poorly designed shelf at that!! IT IS ALL ANGLES AND SLOPING SURFACES!!!!)

69, all numbers matching, I'm 3rd owner but 2nd owner only covered it with a tarp for 10 years and let it rust!! Originally sold in NJ, original owners still alive and living in the same house they were in when they purchased it in 1969.

Me thinks I need to clean my garage.....NO???? (actually the other half is clean and a fully functioning repair area that has my 74 Super Vert in it. The Ghia side is sloppy storage.

Dave

beicholz Sun Oct 09, 2011 6:46 pm

LA and Green Valley Lake, CA 93241

65tuxedo Sun Oct 09, 2011 9:28 pm

65 coupe

Grand Lake, Oklahoma

Started out green, now red, soon to be silver.

Runs and drives well, interior redone and nice, chromes added, may go with the red "patina" look for a while.

Suicidesplit51 Mon Oct 10, 2011 2:45 am

1959 Coupe

Alingsas, Sweden

BulliBill Tue Oct 11, 2011 7:22 am

'70 Coupe, St. Charles, MO

Bill

maurellis Wed Oct 12, 2011 4:57 am

1958 Cabriolet
Adelaide S.A. AUSTRALIA

squonk Wed Oct 12, 2011 11:13 am

I wanted to see all of these cars plotted on a map, but the Frappr link mentioned near the top of the thread wouldn't work for me. So here is a link to a multiplotter map.

I tried my best to weed out duplicates, and had to leave off a couple of cars where the poster just didn't leave enough location information. The map is supposed to be publicly editable, but if anyone has trouble with that, just PM me and I'll be happy to make additions/corrections, etc.

EDIT: For those with Google Earth installed, here's the .kml file.
This works better for showing multiple cars in the same city when you click on one of the map pins. This doesn't seem to work in the multiplotter map.

Altema Wed Oct 12, 2011 1:25 pm

Hmm, thought I posted here, but guess not!

'70 Coupe, Livonia Michigan

Note: Edited post to replace vid cap with a more current picture instead...

sactojesse Wed Oct 12, 2011 2:25 pm

1966 Ghia Convertible, Sacramento, CA 95835

Altema Thu Oct 13, 2011 8:53 am

squonk wrote: I wanted to see all of these cars plotted on a map, but the Frappr link mentioned near the top of the thread wouldn't work for me. So here is a link to a multiplotter map:
http://www.multiplotter.com/index.php?map_id=33248&showmap&dashboard=true#gotomap

It's up to date as of the post directly above this one. I tried my best to weed out duplicates, and had to leave off a couple of cars where the poster just didn't leave enough location information. The map is supposed to be publicly editable, but if anyone has trouble with that, just PM me and I'll be happy to make additions/corrections, etc.

EDIT: For those with Google Earth installed, here's the .kml file:
http://www.fredettefamily.com/GhiaMap.kml
This works better for showing multiple cars in the same city when you click on one of the map pins. This doesn't seem to work in the multiplotter map.
Thanks for all the work you put into this. I'll try and add mine to the map as soon as I get the coordinates. It would be cool to add the thumbnails of each car to Google Earth, but that would be a big job!

Paul

Rapha Thu Oct 20, 2011 9:09 am

1969 KG. Las Matas, Madrid, Spain