TheSamba.com Forums

View original topic: NHL Fans? Page: Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 97, 98, 99 ... 103, 104, 105  Next
60ragtop Tue Jun 12, 2018 8:15 am

vwracerdave wrote: Football is only has a one game Super Bowl.

And it is in February :lol:

60vwnewengland Sat Jul 07, 2018 10:44 pm

cdennisg wrote:
Forgot to come here to congratulate the Washington Capitals on their first win of the Stanley Cup. It was nice to see Ovechkin and Backstrom take their skate with the cup, then give it to the workhorse Orpik next. Nice recognition of an unsung job done well.

With all the crazy stupid bs happening in DC since January 2017, the Caps winning the Stanley Cup was a nice distraction for everyone here in DC.

cdennisg Sat Jul 07, 2018 10:47 pm

60vwnewengland wrote: cdennisg wrote:
Forgot to come here to congratulate the Washington Capitals on their first win of the Stanley Cup. It was nice to see Ovechkin and Backstrom take their skate with the cup, then give it to the workhorse Orpik next. Nice recognition of an unsung job done well.

With all the crazy stupid bs happening in DC since January 2017, the Caps winning the Stanley Cup was a nice distraction for everyone here in DC.

Is it that much different than the crazy stupid BS that has been happening in DC for generations?

cdennisg Sat Jan 19, 2019 10:46 pm

OK, here we are again at mid season. Is anyone else watching, or is it just me?

Teeroy Sat Jan 26, 2019 10:09 pm

Me too. Skills competition yesterday was ok

LeftToaster Wed Mar 27, 2019 3:34 pm

Quinn Hughes - NHL Debut tomorrow. Can't wait.

cdennisg Wed May 22, 2019 9:57 pm

Blues and Bruins fighting for the cup. Bruins are original six, but they have won it all recently. And they have Marchand.

Blues are a scrappy underdog, but an expansion team. And they don't have Marchand.

Let's Go Blues!

Abscate Mon Jun 03, 2019 4:24 am

Bruins look stronger but love To root for the underdog.

It’s hockey, anything can happen in 5 seconds.

cbeck Mon Jun 03, 2019 10:31 am

Expansion team? Like back in the 60's? Last time in the cup finals was 1970.

cdennisg Thu Jun 06, 2019 10:16 am

cbeck wrote: Expansion team? Like back in the 60's? Last time in the cup finals was 1970.

Just comparing to original six.

I have been out of town and away from the digital world for a week. Got to watch part of game 3 in a dive bar in Dillon, MT.

Go Blues!

cbeck Fri Jun 07, 2019 1:02 pm

Sunday night the cup is in the house. Ya know, just in case. :wink:

cdennisg Fri Jun 07, 2019 3:19 pm

cbeck wrote: Sunday night the cup is in the house. Ya know, just in case. :wink:

I am very much looking forward to that game. Last night was fun to watch.

Abscate Mon Jun 10, 2019 2:27 am

If the bruins bring that game again, it’s another Bruin cup,Wednesday.

cbeck Mon Jun 10, 2019 5:58 am

That was painful. Blues seem to play their best away from home after being beat down. We all bleed blue, doesn't turn red until it reacts to oxygen. This is a much bigger deal to us than another world series.

cdennisg Mon Jun 10, 2019 5:17 pm

Abscate wrote: If the bruins bring that game again, it’s another Bruin cup,Wednesday.

Agreed. Blues looked good in the first, then the Bruins took over. It seems to be areal back and forth with each team falling flat every other game.

Can't wait for game seven! This is gonna be good.

Abscate Thu Jun 13, 2019 2:31 am

Congratulations to the Bruins for winning the StanleySaucer.

Now I get to go around Boston gloating that they won’t win any sports trophies this year, and then go Area 51 on the Super Bowl.

hazetguy Thu Jun 13, 2019 5:35 am

holy crap, hockey season is finally over? it's almost the middle of JUNE. damn thing should have been finished 3 months ago, you know, during WINTER.

cbeck Thu Jun 13, 2019 7:13 am

From dead last to here, now you can touch the cup.

cdennisg Thu Jun 13, 2019 8:32 am

Abscate wrote: Congratulations to the Bruins for winning the StanleySaucer.

Now I get to go around Boston gloating that they won’t win any sports trophies this year, and then go Area 51 on the Super Bowl.

:?:

cdennisg Thu Jun 13, 2019 8:36 am

hazetguy wrote: holy crap, hockey season is finally over? it's almost the middle of JUNE. damn thing should have been finished 3 months ago, you know, during WINTER.

I tend to agree, the season is way too long. And I love to watch hockey.

Regular season is 82 games, should be 60. Not sure about changing playoffs to best of five games instead of seven. But something needs to change if they want to keep viewers late in the season.

Not sure where you live, but winter was far from over three months ago. We had snow on the ground at the end of April, not even two months ago.

Gonna be 87 today. Not hockey weather.

Congrats to the Blues for your cup win. That was fun to watch.