TheSamba.com Forums

View original topic: Very rotten Split panel. Page: Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next
baz76 Mon May 11, 2020 3:28 pm

Savage work! What are you doing with the original gearbox set up?

BusJunky Thu May 14, 2020 9:37 am

Damn, Homie! Thats a lot of hard work. Way to keep at it!

Posty Fri May 15, 2020 5:59 am

last few bits of required metal arrived. Looking forward to getting these in.

baz76 Fri May 15, 2020 7:34 am

Nice. Silver weld panels?

Posty Sat May 16, 2020 3:11 pm

Yep weld through primer.

Corners started. D post as expected need lots of work.

A lot of bits still missing back here.

Cleaned some of the primer off the side to check the sign writing out. So sorry I didn't preserve more of the original paint.

baz76 Sun May 17, 2020 12:39 pm

Nothing broken inside that gearbox, the bearings in the reduction boxes were shot though and look like they were the originals. Perhaps the reason it was parked was noisey boxes.

Posty Sat Jan 16, 2021 1:10 pm

Pottering away on the old girl and collecting all the missing parts. Maybe this year will be her year.

I had hopped to save the d posts but decided to replace them in the end. as they were toast and thankfully the panels are now available.

Replaced the ends of both chassis legs so id have something nice and solid to weld the d-posts too.

Lots of fun trying to line all the rear up. I now have both the d-posts welded to the top and lining everything up at the bottom before I commit to welding . Happy to have a bit to progress. I have a straight axle conversion complete and in. just to make sure it was all good. Starting making up the wiring loom.
Beam ready to build brakes back up.
I can actually see and end in sight.

Posty Sat Jan 23, 2021 12:37 pm

Got the corners in. gaps are far from perfect but delighted to have them in. I finally have the external box complete. Now i am missing a lot of internal metal but a good days work.

LAGrunthaner Sat Jan 23, 2021 3:40 pm

Keep up the great work Posty! Nice wood stove to keep your warm and pushing through your hard work even in winter. Looks to be 32 degrees in Ireland today, about the same here in New Jersey, USA :D

BulliBill Sat Jan 23, 2021 3:59 pm

Awesome determination! You're getting there!

If this pandemic ever lightens up I gotta get back to Ireland and among other things (our family has a vacation home in Midleton, Co, Cork that none of has has been in for years!) it would be fun to see your progress in person! Keep up to great work!

Long live the P and T Panel!

Bill Bowman

jeremyrockjock Sat Jan 23, 2021 6:13 pm

good to see you are back at it

Posty Mon Jan 25, 2021 12:01 am

Rear tube closing panels made and installed. Also finished the final little bit of the long side.

Have a rear end.

Posty Thu Jan 28, 2021 12:35 pm

We have an engine bay .. I have included some of the earlier work on the same area. Its been a journey.

mandraks Thu Jan 28, 2021 12:47 pm

Posty wrote: We have an engine bay .. I have included some of the earlier work on the same area. Its been a journey.

did you lose the VIN number? it should be right where your hand is.

baz76 Thu Jan 28, 2021 2:28 pm

Top job Tony getting close to running out of stuff to weld

Posty Thu Jan 28, 2021 3:02 pm

mandraks wrote: Posty wrote: We have an engine bay .. I have included some of the earlier work on the same area. Its been a journey.

Irish made bus didn't have it stamped or this one did not anyway only the plate in the bay. I have it but its tough to read the plate is crusty.

mandraks Thu Jan 28, 2021 4:39 pm

Posty wrote: mandraks wrote: Posty wrote: We have an engine bay .. I have included some of the earlier work on the same area. Its been a journey.

Irish made bus didn't have it stamped or this one did not anyway only the plate in the bay. I have it but its tough to read the plate is crusty.

interesting, did not know that

Blue Baron Thu Jan 28, 2021 7:45 pm

It's a CKD bus, so it's going to have some weird stuff.

lil_azza Mon Feb 01, 2021 12:52 pm

great work keep it up

Posty Sat Feb 06, 2021 12:03 pm

Preparing the donor panel for above the engine bay. Adding a bay window engine hatch before going in. lots of bits missing around the edges. The bus it came out of had the spare wheel well. I hope to use the bit I cut out for the hatch to make the ends meet. Also made the overflow pipe. Beer Time.