TheSamba.com Forums

View original topic: Very rotten Split panel. Page: Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next
MAYHEM Thu May 28, 2009 3:47 pm

=D> =D>
Very, very well done 8)

iaccy Thu May 28, 2009 5:55 pm

I don't think I blinked once looking at teh first page of this build out of pure amazement that someone would actually have the patience and perseverance to work on something so long gone!! congrats on how far you've come and good luck in the future :D

Stuggi Fri May 29, 2009 6:52 am

Way to go mate! Keep it up! :D

57Drag Tue Jun 02, 2009 8:17 pm

Looking great.

Posty Thu Jun 11, 2009 8:30 am

I cant proceed with the front until the metal pipping for the heating cable arrives. I Have made some rigs with wheels for the bus so I could move it about. Nice to work outside for a change.

I have been trying to line up the cargo doors and have finally decided to hack off the c-post that I made. I am also going to redo the right cargo door bottom.

Making the section to house the rubber.

Lots of cleaning up will be needed here.

Outer sill repair being welded in place.

Lots of repair to the cab side door inner supports and rubber liner.

Skin spot welded together.

Lower support inplace.

Thats one door finished. I hope to get the right door done again >:( During the week.

Patty B. Thu Jun 11, 2009 10:21 am

This is going to be one bad home-made bus by the time your done!!!

the-jerm Thu Jun 11, 2009 12:12 pm

^^^ I agree. You do realize that this will be the first VW Bus to be built in Ireland twice :D

Posty Mon Jun 15, 2009 12:14 am

Ok right door done but I had to shave the lower of it and to do lots of unmentionable stuff to get decent gaps.

This area has cleaned up a little better.

I have gone a little heavy on the filler but I mixed a lot.

It looks pretty straight from here.

It was a nice day so I pushed the van out for some sanding.

It,s not looking too bad now. It will need to be prepped for paint properly. But I'm a long way off finishing it so thought I'd better put some primer on to protect the bare metal.

You can just see the inside of the door with some paint. Spent an age cleaning the surface rust off the doors.

Some primer makes it look a lot more bus like.

Moving on to the cable tubes next week so I can get the floor in. Then need to sort out the offside supports. Then I can finally cut the roof off to replace it, gutters and all.

Clark Kustoms Mon Jun 15, 2009 12:42 am

Are you going to fix the steering wheel? Its on the wrong side. :lol:

Posty Sun Jun 28, 2009 12:43 pm

After lots more messing around with the lower of the treasure chest section it was ready to go in. I welded the heater cable tubes to the panel before putting it in place. I had to enlist Jacinta's help to slide the pipes in.

I left plenty of slack to be cut off later.

All the cable pipes are now in. Next up is the heater tubes.

Culito Sun Jun 28, 2009 5:24 pm

Wow, this is quite a resurrection!!! Keep at it!

clay ford Sun Jun 28, 2009 5:54 pm

that has got to be the longest single post i have ever read

TheRustySuper Mon Jun 29, 2009 10:01 pm

WOW. :shock: And I was told my slightly rusty '72 Super wasn't worth restoring. You've built that entire bus...again. Fantastic job and keep up the good work!

balot Tue Jun 30, 2009 7:33 am

Keep it up!!! :D

icekoffee Tue Jun 30, 2009 9:12 am

i feel lazy now... i wouldnt have even bought this bus to cut up for parts... you bought it and your putting it back on the road. mad props man that is amazing

BigAlVB Mon Dec 21, 2009 4:57 pm

Whatever happened to this bus since his last post? Is it in another thread somewhere?

bigblue Mon Dec 21, 2009 8:02 pm

i dunno but after going through all these pages, im off to bed... :lol:

Kirk Mon Dec 21, 2009 8:03 pm

Dear Lord. Why not just rebuild a bus from spare parts instead? Oh wait...

Excellent work.

mos Wed Apr 14, 2010 10:53 pm

you've had to replace so much of this bus, is it even the original bus anymore?

KustomLarry Thu Apr 15, 2010 5:29 am

All I know is that it is amazing how hardcore some people are....wow.

I also know that if I brought something like that home my girlfriend would not be smiling....she would most likely be hopped up on Adavans and Grey goose until it was out of there....haha

Awesome.

Larry