TheSamba.com Forums

View original topic: Need help with Hotmail- MSN LIVE. Page: 1, 2  Next
jimmynotch Wed Feb 27, 2008 9:11 pm

Ok... so after an hour of searching Google for an answer and getting nothing definative, I bring you this:

I attempted to change my hotmail password tonite. The new MSN LIVE will not get past the 'loading' page of my preferences to allow me to change it. Has anyone else had this problem, and how did you fix it?

Russ Wolfe Wed Feb 27, 2008 9:35 pm

http://gmail.com

google uses Linux not M$

spoon Wed Feb 27, 2008 9:37 pm

They really use Linux? I did not know that. It's pretty damn cool, I just did an email search and got exactly the email I was looking for from back in '05.

jimmynotch Wed Feb 27, 2008 9:38 pm

I have a gmail account too. I am just trying to figure out why the page to change my Hotmail password never gets past the 'loading' page. Anyone else?

runslikeapenguin Wed Feb 27, 2008 9:39 pm

msn live has been giving me hell for a while, even now it take me three times to log in, with the right password every time, it just takes 3 times.

spoon Wed Feb 27, 2008 9:40 pm

jimmynotch wrote: I have a gmail account too. I am just trying to figure out why the page to change my Hotmail password never gets past the 'loading' page. Anyone else?

That portion of MSNs server network is probably frozen or having issues. Wait for them to reboot.

jimmynotch Wed Feb 27, 2008 9:51 pm

spoon wrote: jimmynotch wrote: I have a gmail account too. I am just trying to figure out why the page to change my Hotmail password never gets past the 'loading' page. Anyone else?

That portion of MSNs server network is probably frozen or having issues. Wait for them to reboot.

No.. It has been giving me problems for a few weeks. It looks like a circle of dots that just goes around and around, but never actually loading the page. I did a search on it and apparently LOTS of people are having issues with their 'preferences' pages loading, but oddly- no answers on how to solve it. It wont open in either OPera or IE browsers.

spoon Thu Feb 28, 2008 1:05 am

jimmynotch wrote: spoon wrote: jimmynotch wrote: I have a gmail account too. I am just trying to figure out why the page to change my Hotmail password never gets past the 'loading' page. Anyone else?

No.. It has been giving me problems for a few weeks. It looks like a circle of dots that just goes around and around, but never actually loading the page. I did a search on it and apparently LOTS of people are having issues with their 'preferences' pages loading, but oddly- no answers on how to solve it. It wont open in either OPera or IE browsers.

There you go. Download Netscape or Firefox. Do you know if those work okay?

the-jerm Thu Feb 28, 2008 6:16 am

I use firefox and hotmail. I normally have very little trouble using hotmail except for two days ago when it wouldn't even bring up the sign in screen. Are you using the new version or the "classic"? Also, what kind of internet connection do you have?

Blaubus Thu Feb 28, 2008 7:20 am

yeah i had problems with their preferences too. chose something i dont remember what and it just ignored the request. if you want your inbox to get a delivery failure notice, just try contacting them about it. they dont need to hear from you- Bill Gates already got his 46 billion :roll:

dquattlebum Thu Feb 28, 2008 7:28 am

I haven't used hotmail in years and it still has these issues? thats really sad.

You can email their support and they can "reset" your account but there's no telling how long it will take them to do that...

I'd stick with gmail...

Stevie Fierce Thu Feb 28, 2008 9:43 am

yeah hotmail does suck. i've had the same hotmail address since the late 90's and it still gives me problems here and their. im on firefox using the "classic" not the new version as i found more problems with the new one. im also on a mac if that matters..... my only real complaint right now is that if i try to email a link, it will not work.... the receiver of the email has to copy and paste it into their browser. in other words you cant click on it. its starting to piss me off. if i use safari, it works fine. go figure.

dquattlebum Thu Feb 28, 2008 9:55 am

Stevie Fierce wrote: yeah hotmail does suck. i've had the same hotmail address since the late 90's and it still gives me problems here and their. im on firefox using the "classic" not the new version as i found more problems with the new one. im also on a mac if that matters..... my only real complaint right now is that if i try to email a link, it will not work.... the receiver of the email has to copy and paste it into their browser. in other words you cant click on it. its starting to piss me off. if i use safari, it works fine. go figure.

thats a "safety" feature... ;-)

spoon Thu Feb 28, 2008 10:13 am

Jimmy, did you try a different browser?

Bart Thu Feb 28, 2008 11:13 am

Jimmy. Turn Live off and switch back to the classic view. Live is very bandwidth intensive.

visibleink Thu Feb 28, 2008 11:18 am

There has been a known issue with "Live" - reported on CNN.

I have a gmail but still prefer hotmail as I love how it's intergrated into MSN messenger which I use.

jimmynotch Thu Feb 28, 2008 12:07 pm

Bart wrote: Jimmy. Turn Live off and switch back to the classic view. Live is very bandwidth intensive.

How do I switch off 'LIVE' and go back to the old style Hotmail? And no its not allowing me to get to my preferences page or any page from the 'options' button in either IE or Opera (my default browser). I dont really want to download Mozilla... Opera works fine for me. I have heard that I need to upgrade IE to IE7 and that might work to get me in to where I need to be to reset my personal info. Does downloading IE7 cost $$$?

I have never had issues with Hotmail till they switched it oer to this new 'MSN LIVE' crap.

dquattlebum Thu Feb 28, 2008 12:10 pm

jimmynotch wrote: Does downloading IE7 cost $$$?

Nope.
Firefox is better though

Bart Thu Feb 28, 2008 12:42 pm

jimmynotch wrote: Bart wrote: Jimmy. Turn Live off and switch back to the classic view. Live is very bandwidth intensive.

How do I switch off 'LIVE' and go back to the old style Hotmail? And no its not allowing me to get to my preferences page or any page from the 'options' button in either IE or Opera (my default browser). I dont really want to download Mozilla... Opera works fine for me. I have heard that I need to upgrade IE to IE7 and that might work to get me in to where I need to be to reset my personal info. Does downloading IE7 cost $$$?

I have never had issues with Hotmail till they switched it oer to this new 'MSN LIVE' crap.

Click on the "Switch to Classic" button on the bottom left above the privacy statement.

http://bl105w.blu105.mail.live.com/mail/SwitchClassicVersion.aspx

spoon Thu Feb 28, 2008 1:35 pm

jimmynotch wrote: Does downloading IE7 cost $$$?

No, it's free. However, Mozilla based browsers are smoother running (less prone to glitching) and offer much more user protection. Not to mention, the degree of personalization options is unparalled by any other browser.

I happen to use IE and FF. Some sites I visit run better on IE. For you, Jimmy, it seems that Hotmail is having issues with only certain browsers. If it's actually a Microsoft issue, then I guess you just have to wait it out and/or call tech support.