TheSamba.com Forums

View original topic: Fiberglass Bodies in the PNW
calebmelvin Thu Mar 06, 2008 2:43 am

Does anyone know of a dealer in the Northwest that sells new buggy bodies? I have been looking at used bodies and still may go that route but was wondering what my options were for a new tub. Thanks, Caleb.

ManxBug Thu Mar 06, 2008 6:31 am

Found this, Manx Clone, http://www.dunebuggiescanada.com Kelowna B.C.

bradnailer Thu Mar 06, 2008 8:34 am

Thats where quite a few of us have bought ours from - the guys name is Don.

calebmelvin Thu Mar 06, 2008 4:01 pm

I will have to give him a call, how is pricing?

westcoast-paul Thu Mar 06, 2008 4:39 pm

ManxBug wrote: Found this, Manx Clone, http://www.dunebuggiescanada.com Kelowna B.C.

Note to dunebuggiescanada.com:

Under construction pages are a no-no. The site is essentailly empty. I was hoping for the tech on seat builds. :(

bradnailer Thu Mar 06, 2008 4:42 pm

He was selling his bodies for ~$1,800 if you pick them up.

That was a couple years ago....its a real nice body style tho...

calebmelvin Thu Mar 06, 2008 7:01 pm

Aewsome, I am in Bellingham so it isn't to far from here, thanks everyone

towd Thu Mar 06, 2008 10:35 pm

A few years ago at the woodburn VW car show,, there was a guy from Jefferson OREGON, selling and making bodies,

I didn't care for what he did with the head light mounts, because he have some huge recess The bodies where just over 800

bigfuninc Fri Mar 07, 2008 6:45 am

We will be building bodies here in Maple Ridge,Manx style, hood and dash little different,Will be around $1100.00.Should have first one (mine) out of mold in three weeks.

calebmelvin Fri Mar 07, 2008 2:50 pm

bigfuninc wrote: We will be building bodies here in Maple Ridge,Manx style, hood and dash little different,Will be around $1100.00.Should have first one (mine) out of mold in three weeks.

Maple Ridge? That is right across the border right? I think I know where that is, i am in Bellingham, I will have to come check you out soon.

bigfuninc Sat Mar 08, 2008 7:41 am

A little farther than that .....But close.Will be posting pictures when out of the mold.