TheSamba.com Forums

View original topic: Rear Air Adjustable Shocks.... Air line melted!!
Craig Brewer Sat Mar 15, 2008 5:14 am

While trying to get my Bug tuned, the tiny air line to my Air Shocks in the rear got melted! :oops: I removed the cap at the shock but don't know how to repair the line. I have plenty of air line left, just don't know how to go about repairing it. Can the valve on the side of the shock be removed? and How? :roll:

hvw Sat Mar 15, 2008 5:22 am

Most air shocks have a threaded cap that holds the line to the shock. See if you can't just unscrew it and replace the damaged line. You may need a new O ring also.

Craig Brewer Sat Mar 15, 2008 6:30 am

I got the plastic cap off.....do I just unscrew the fitting in the side?

hvw Sat Mar 15, 2008 8:58 am

On most air shocks the plastic cap is threaded to fit onto the shock body. You run the tube through the hole in the cap, put the little o ring back on then push the line into the shock alittle ways. Then thread the cap back on a little more than hand tight. May have to go tighter if your o ring is damaged. But not too tight. I've never seen any air shock that was different. But if your plastic cap isn't threaded then I'm not helping you much I know.

Craig Brewer Sun Mar 16, 2008 5:44 pm

Yes, my air shock does have a threaded cap, that I removed to see how things were put together, but I didn't remove the small melted piece of air line that went thru the cap. I'll try it tomorrow, cuz it was a shame it got melted in the 1st place. As I said, I've got plenty of line, I just didn't know how to fix it! Thank You sooo much. Craig :D