TheSamba.com Forums

View original topic: Have you SEEN ONE on the road lately? Vanagon Spotters Thread Page: Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 144, 145, 146 ... 168, 169, 170  Next
Sodo Mon Mar 02, 2020 6:27 pm

gonewesty4good wrote: Agreed, this is the "spotters on the ferry thread" recently :lol:

Local vans are captive on the ferries.
They can't escape, easy pickin's and they'll sit there for 20 minutes or so.
Unlike other spotting where you have to scramble for your phone.
Probably just a leisurely decision...."uhhh well......another successful crossing.......nothing happening out here.........why not post another pic for my van people?"

I think there's another Ferry capt too who's a Vanagon nut (another Syncro Westy), I met him at Marymoor Van GTG.

So thanks Capt. Adventureneverends !
Great to what vans are in the area ! =D>

jimf909 Mon Mar 02, 2020 9:09 pm

pnwkayaker wrote: Don't know if it's the light (or the shadows), but man, this van is beautiful!

theadventureneverends wrote:

wa

That one does look pretty special.

Abscate Tue Mar 03, 2020 1:26 am

Ferry Porsche everywhere.... :D

Interstellar Overdrive Tue Mar 03, 2020 1:29 am

Is it me or does the Pacific Northwest (including Canada) have the highest concentration of Vanagons per person?

There is a lot of them in Southern California, but there is more people over here so not as often seen.

holdthewind2 Tue Mar 03, 2020 9:49 pm

Yes we do... I just had an old coworker that I ran into at a local restaurant get excited and show pictures of his friends syncro tristar. So including mine and a random one rolling through hood river oregon... I know of four hens tooth in just Wa and Or. unsure how many vanagons are really around anymore though... Sprinter Van's are a Vanagons vampire...

jimf909 Tue Mar 03, 2020 10:00 pm

Interstellar Overdrive wrote: Is it me or does the Pacific Northwest (including Canada) have the highest concentration of Vanagons per person?

There is a lot of them in Southern California, but there is more people over here so not as often seen.

I can go for a walk in my Seattle neighborhood and come back with photos of five - seven easily, if I'm feeling energetic I can walk up the hill and find another five. These are just the ones living on the street. VanAlert told me there's another one two blocks away. And I don't even live in Ballard (Seattle) which seems to have even more. Nacho from Drive Nacho Drive, came back from a few years traveling around the planet and moved to Ballard.

The Norwegian heritage here calls for a lot of self punishment. :D

Here's Nacho nearby...

holdthewind2 Tue Mar 03, 2020 10:06 pm

Unsure what ferry I need to ride... it's a goal ... usually travel from the Hood River 'area's to Spokane... may have to take a big detour to get spotted... honestly my favorite posts on this forum.... call it window shopping

holdthewind2 Tue Mar 03, 2020 10:11 pm

self punishment..... you win! It all

jimf909 Tue Mar 03, 2020 10:13 pm

I've seen the Vashon ferry in these photos. Once I mentioned that I hoped to get caught on the Whidbey (Clinton) ferry and was told I was too far north.

These ferry stalkers can be elusive.

erste Tue Mar 03, 2020 11:38 pm

jimf909 wrote: I can go for a walk in my Seattle neighborhood and come back with photos of five
Could come back with one or two, but not five in my neighborhood. This one has the same paint scheme as Nacho, with a bonus. Spotted in Oakland.

jimf909 Wed Mar 04, 2020 12:02 am

erste wrote: jimf909 wrote: I can go for a walk in my Seattle neighborhood and come back with photos of five
Could come back with one or two, but not five in my neighborhood.

I need to do this to keep myself honest, but...the Weekender three houses down, the Syncro tin-top 3 blocks away, the Blue Westy camper three blocks away, the White Westy a bit farther in the other direction. The white Westy camper with the Bianchi bike on the Fiamma rack full-timer on Beach drive and the apparently partnered Grey Westy full-timer with bikes on a Fiamma rack also on Beach drive or sometimes on Alki (Yes, we do have a population of full-timers on the streets parked in front of the million dollar homes. But these are the fancy full timers, VWs, Sprinters, etc. The earthy full-timers are relegated to Harbor Ave. It's all part of the Seattle crazy.). So that's a start. Do Eurovans count? The dude across the street has one of those.

Actually, I don't recommend mono-cultures. Its not a good environment to raise kids or to keep your mind spinning.

Interstellar Overdrive Wed Mar 04, 2020 1:26 am

jimf909 wrote: Interstellar Overdrive wrote: Is it me or does the Pacific Northwest (including Canada) have the highest concentration of Vanagons per person?

I can go for a walk in my Seattle neighborhood and come back with photos of five - seven easily, if I'm feeling energetic I can walk up the hill and find another five. These are just the ones living on the street. VanAlert told me there's another one two blocks away. And I don't even live in Ballard (Seattle) which seems to have even more. Nacho from Drive Nacho Drive, came back from a few years traveling around the planet and moved to Ballard.

The Norwegian heritage here calls for a lot of self punishment. :D

Here's Nacho nearby...

Oh man the famous Drive Nacho Drive van is in the PNW, I loved following their adventure so many years ago, what are they up to now?

I’m also pretty sure the Living the Van Life guy from Youtube is from Washington? Correct me if I’m wrong.

djkeev Sat Mar 07, 2020 12:31 pm

On the way to our house out near Reading we pass a repair shop in Center Valley.
This suddenly appeared!
The paper in the back window is Pennsylvania temporary registration.

If it is a native East Coast Van, it looks to be in amazing condition!

Dave

campism Sun Mar 08, 2020 10:26 am

Finishing up a dog walk at the river this morning we spotted this one in the parking lot. I had a better-lit photo but accidentally deleted it. Nice '89.

theadventureneverends Sun Mar 08, 2020 1:58 pm

theadventureneverends Sun Mar 08, 2020 5:58 pm

wa

VWeGoBeachNow Sat Mar 14, 2020 9:03 pm

Saw this gal cruising in Garden Grove, CA with her adventure wagon. Couldn't take anymore pictures since I was driving.

theadventureneverends Sun Mar 15, 2020 2:35 pm

wa

djkeev Sun Mar 15, 2020 3:20 pm

djkeev wrote: On the way to our house out near Reading we pass a repair shop in Center Valley.
This suddenly appeared!
The paper in the back window is Pennsylvania temporary registration.

If it is a native East Coast Van, it looks to be in amazing condition!

Dave

I couldn't stop but this same shop had a Tangerine Beetle parked outside next to a dark blue metallic Vanagon Camper.

For the love of god I'm hoping they didn't paint this really nice OG Van that tacky metallic!
I'm hoping its a different unit!
Maybe the next trip by will reveal all.

Dave

theadventureneverends Mon Mar 16, 2020 4:59 pm

wa