TheSamba.com Forums

View original topic: Have you SEEN ONE on the road lately? Vanagon Spotters Thread Page: Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 148, 149, 150, 151  Next
VicVan Thu Aug 27, 2020 10:17 am

Saw this while cruising ma hometown

And, yes, the trailer, in which you could put a Vanagon in, was hitched to the van.

I'll stop for a closer look next time.

4Gears4Tires Thu Aug 27, 2020 10:21 am

Custom windows too. Wow. That's is an impressive amount of work. That whole van is a ball of something.

RoryGirl Thu Aug 27, 2020 10:43 am

That on the island VicVan? I'd like to take a closer look too...

vino de vano Thu Aug 27, 2020 11:05 am

I'd call that a MAD MAX van. But its far to clean and nicely done. I thought my wheels were big at 18" those must be 20". See if you can get a peek at the engine that's powering that beast.

Jake de Villiers Thu Aug 27, 2020 1:36 pm

VicVan wrote: Saw this while cruising ma hometown

And, yes, the trailer, in which you could put a Vanagon in, was hitched to the van.

That's a lot of work to achieve something so ugly.

Xevin Thu Aug 27, 2020 2:05 pm

Jake de Villiers wrote: VicVan wrote: Saw this while cruising ma hometown

:shock: Yet......I kind of dig it. “I love it when a plan comes together”

thomast Thu Aug 27, 2020 2:54 pm

Brooklyn

Manhattan

campism Thu Aug 27, 2020 3:18 pm

VicVan wrote: Saw this while cruising ma hometown

Looks like someone had a spare front clip from a Daimler SP250 that he didn't know what to do with. "What the hell, I'll just stick the damn thing here."

Jake de Villiers Fri Aug 28, 2020 9:10 am

campism wrote:
Looks like someone had a spare front clip from a Daimler SP250 that he didn't know what to do with. "What the hell, I'll just stick the damn thing here."
Hey, somebody else here knows what an SP250 is!! :shock:
I was thinking it might be the nose off a VW based kit car: Aztec, Puma or whatever.

theadventureneverends Fri Aug 28, 2020 1:37 pm

Zeitgeist 13 wrote: theadventureneverends wrote:

WA

A couple weeks ago we took the ferry to Lopez, and on the way to the island we were directly behind a mid-80's Adventurewagen, and on the way back we were right next to an early Westfalia. Neither of them seemed too interested in our Eurovan.

One for you Zeitgeist. I think I have only taken a pic of one and it was a Syncro Eurovan on Hwy 16 years ago. A coworker sent me this one just now.

VicVan Fri Aug 28, 2020 2:12 pm

Xevin wrote:

:shock: Yet......I kind of dig it. “I love it when a plan comes together”

[/quote]

That's sort fo the way I feel about it.
I'll definitely look underneath next time...

bobbyblack Sat Aug 29, 2020 6:38 pm

Just south of the MN/IA border on US52. Couple youngn's in the back. Nice 88+ specimen, but Pop's looks frazzled!! Hope you make it back to Illinois safe!!

Abscate Sat Aug 29, 2020 6:50 pm

bobbyblack wrote: Just south of the MN/IA border on US52. Couple youngn's in the back. Nice 88+ specimen, but Pop's looks frazzled!! Hope you make it back to Illinois safe!!

So many caption opportunities here....

bobbyblack Sat Aug 29, 2020 6:56 pm

I like what the Hound in charge of the shifter is saying... "I need a triple butterberger Pops!"

jimf909 Sat Aug 29, 2020 10:07 pm

"I thought you changed the fuel lines!"

Not the best effort but that's what came to mind...

campism Sun Aug 30, 2020 9:22 am

A guy with a clean and running van can't really complain. He's probably thinking, "When will something go wrong? I'm sooo BORED!!"

RainierSyncro Sun Aug 30, 2020 6:07 pm

bobbyblack wrote: Just south of the MN/IA border on US52. Couple youngn's in the back. Nice 88+ specimen, but Pop's looks frazzled!! Hope you make it back to Illinois safe!!

Here's the audio of the conversation that resulted in his exasperated expression:

Multiman mv Mon Aug 31, 2020 5:25 am

Don’t see too many out here on Martha’s Vineyard. Saw this well kept van the other day in Aquinnah checking out the scenery.

T-Nast Sun Sep 06, 2020 12:35 pm

T-Nast Sun Sep 06, 2020 12:37 pm

Found this one hiding.