TheSamba.com Forums

View original topic: anyone hack their Iphone? Page: 1, 2  Next
dquattlebum Fri Apr 04, 2008 8:08 am

Just got my wife an Iphone last night and its up and running on T-Mobile...

It's a sweet piece of technology... Now I need to get myself one...

piemat Fri Apr 04, 2008 8:15 am

Some kid hacked one, he sold out for a new car and a few iphones. He could have made a ton of money off the idea, but just had to have that "sweet 350z".

http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn/content/article/2007/08/28/AR2007082800328.html

I'd love to have an Iphone to drop and abuse, but If I switch from a CDMA network to a GSM network, I forfeit having decent service. Have to use a low end phone is a small price to pay for having such a large service area.

dquattlebum Fri Apr 04, 2008 8:30 am

That kid needs to get his priorities straight... should've held out for a nicer car. lol

I liked my CDMA service but I couldn't stand the providers. Verizon and Sprint are HORRIBLE companies. I was constantly plagued with account issues and issues with auto billing and my account getting shut off 4 times in a month cause they said I didn't pay but they had actutally withdrawn 4 months of service at once... such a nightmare...

T-Mobile so far has been great as far as service, but the customer service is actually phenominal... their plans are cheaper than others so that helps too. lol

I used the iLiberty hack for the iphone. It was so simple...
It's running the most recent apple firmware and its running unlocked with the installer app to get some 3rd party items on their...

BadBeetle Fri Apr 04, 2008 3:01 pm

I have been Hack Free from day 1. lol
I got the iPhone the day it came out and dont feel the need to hack it.
My friend got an iPod Touch and doesn't believe how I live without hacks on my iPhone.

Ian Fri Apr 04, 2008 8:29 pm

My friend just bought an iPod Touch and I think it's much more badass than an iPhone.

Personally, I don't want to put my iPod up to my ear.

I think the kid that hacked them did right and traded for some stuff. He got 3 more iPhones, which he immediately hacked and made exactly the same as the one he traded, I'm sure.

:lol:

save the aircooled Sun Apr 06, 2008 4:28 pm

I know how to hack an Ipod if anyone wants to know :o

MrBreeze Sun Apr 06, 2008 4:45 pm

I'll stick with my crackberry.

piemat Sun Apr 06, 2008 10:36 pm

MrBreeze wrote: I'll stick with my crackberry.

I'm quite fond of bag phones myself.

hpw Mon Apr 07, 2008 3:58 am

save the aircooled wrote: I know how to hack an Ipod if anyone wants to know :o

What is the purpose of "hacking" a phone?

Don't understand :?: :oops:

dquattlebum Mon Apr 07, 2008 6:52 am

hpw wrote: save the aircooled wrote: I know how to hack an Ipod if anyone wants to know :o

The iphones are locked down to AT&T when they come out of the box... You need to be able to unlock it so it will work on other carriers like T-Mobile...

There are other hacks you can do to install 3rd party apps that at&t/apple doesn't really want you to install...

runslikeapenguin Mon Apr 07, 2008 8:56 am

dquattlebum wrote: hpw wrote: save the aircooled wrote: I know how to hack an Ipod if anyone wants to know :o

The iphones are locked down to AT&T when they come out of the box... You need to be able to unlock it so it will work on other carriers like T-Mobile...

There are other hacks you can do to install 3rd party apps that at&t/apple doesn't really want you to install...

so you can run Linux on it, why people always insist on doing it i dont know but its sweet that it can be done. Linux is also avaliable for the Wii the Ipod and some digital watches.

Mike Fisher Mon Apr 07, 2008 9:00 am

Do you actually save any money hacked/Tmobile etc. over the AT&T plan?

dquattlebum Tue Apr 08, 2008 7:25 am

Mike Fisher wrote: Do you actually save any money hacked/Tmobile etc. over the AT&T plan?

Well I mostly save money on the texting plan. For the family plan texting plan on T-Mobile it's 19.99, on AT&T its 29.99. My wife sent over 1500 text messages last month...received about the same...

I also save 10-15$ on my monthly service plan. We also have that my faves plan that allows each of us to pick 5 people that we can talk to as much as we want to and that saves us money.

We're on the lowest minute family plan and rarely use the minutes. The majority of our friends and family are on T-Mobile, and the small handful of people not on T-Mobile are in our top 5.

Patty B. Tue Apr 08, 2008 7:44 am

I don't own a cel phone now but have a few old ones in the kids' toybox. :lol: :lol: :lol:

VOODOOKING Tue Apr 08, 2008 11:25 am

so far everythings fine with my iPhone

dquattlebum Wed Jun 11, 2008 11:25 am

Anyone planning on getting the new iPhone coming out on 7/11?

Unfortunately it won't be able to be cracked to run on t-mobile, but I'm more excited about the new firmware and the mobile me service (.mac replacement). Finally a push mail service that really works along with calendars and contacts and other tid-bits...

I could run a MSExchange server from home but I don't want to host my own mail and pay M$ for the licensing...

[email protected] Wed Jun 11, 2008 11:35 am

LOL at 50 texts/day

John

thewalrus Tue Jul 08, 2008 1:20 pm

dquattlebum wrote: Anyone planning on getting the new iPhone coming out on 7/11?
YES!! I just got off my parents Family plan with AT&T and opened my own plan with them so I'll hit all the discounts... 8) ...if I can find one 7/11. My friends are going to go wait outside ALL night at a local Apple store in line for theirs. I have to work Friday so if I get one..."Woohoo!"...if not...I'll keep looking. Only thing I'm pissed about is when you buy an iPhone at the store (Apple or AT&T) you have to activate it right then and there on the spot!!! So I couldn't give one of my friends the money, have him buy me one and turn it on thru iTunes like the original ones, no...that would be easy, I have to go "iHunting" after work!! O'Well...half the fun!! :twisted:

dquattlebum Tue Jul 08, 2008 1:24 pm

Supposedly, they will have AMPLE stock for this release... A lot of the mac forums I'm on say they aren't camping out. All of the apple stores are opening at 8am.

The activation thing sucks but I can see why they want to do it...

Since I'm on T-Mobile I'll be getting the old version of the iPhone so I can jailbreak it. I'm really excited for the new mobile me service, just hopes someone hacks the 2.0 software quickly... lol

thewalrus Tue Jul 08, 2008 1:50 pm

dquattlebum wrote: Supposedly, they will have AMPLE stock for this release... A lot of the mac forums I'm on say they aren't camping out. All of the apple stores are opening at 8am.
That's good to know. Every local store I've called has said to get there 1 hour early. I'm thinking of going before work to the AT&T store down the street and getting 1 and trading in my Treo 680 towards it. I paid about the same for it as I would the iPhone. C'MON FRIDAY!!! :D